Countdown to Kickoff 2019

27 minutes ago, Lith said:

About 2:30 left in the 2nd quarter.  Colts have the ball trailing the Jets 7-0.  2nd and 9 at the Jets 15.  Earl Morral drops to throw.  Intercepted at the 2 yard line by Johnny Sample, #24.

Image result for johnny sample super bowl

Booyah!!!!!!!!!!!!! loved this guy & I love this thread. They say he was one of the dirtiest players in the game. Back then it was fashionable. Having collected football cards bigtime as a kid, these reminders of players back in the day are awesome

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If not everyone agrees, doesn't that by definition make it debatable?

In your opinion.

My opinion backed by facts.  Takes emotion of his contract situations out of it.  He's by far the best to play his prime for the Jets.  Fans busy want to be whiny because he dared to get as much money as be could. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

It's not really debatable.  You can say he wasn't the most popular but Revis is arguably the greatest cover corner of all time, we don't have any Jet regulars (can't count Ronnie Lott) that can say that.

I agree. We don’t have another player in our history that is in the conversation for best player at his position of all time. It’s just Revis. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Mevi$ chose to take his cash up front.

His legacy is almost worthless now. That was 100% his choice. 

I don't think Revis cared that much about his legacy or he would have kept playing and built a brand around his name. Instead he was like most people and tried to get paid as much as possible to do a job, avoid lifelong injuries and retire as soon as he could afford it. As fans it is unfortunate that he did not stay here or play longer than he did but he didn't ask to create a legacy. 

18 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

My opinion backed by facts.

As you interpret them.

Takes emotion of his contract situations out of it.

I can tell how unemotional you are.

He's by far the best to play his prime for the Jets.

If you say so.

Fans busy want to be whiny because he dared to get as much money as be could. 

Good for him.

23 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

My opinion backed by facts.  Takes emotion of his contract situations out of it.  He's by far the best to play his prime for the Jets.  Fans busy want to be whiny because he dared to get as much money as be could. 

best of all time with JAG INT #'s doesnt add up....

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

best of all time with JAG INT #'s doesnt add up....

For something that "isn't debatable", it seems there may be quite a bit of debate.

For example:  http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000815951/gil-brandt's-greatest-nfl-cornerbacks-of-all-time

16th of All-Time.  

Still very impressive, sure.  But not #1 by a wide margin.

Interesting to note, now HOF'er Kevin Mawae is Mr. Brandt's 14th best Center of All-Time.  

https://www.sportscasting.com/nfl/top-10-greatest-nfl-cornerbacks-of-all-time-2/

Revis not listed in the Top 10.

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/25-greatest-defensive-backs-nfl-history

Revis at #17.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2721897-nfl-nostalgia-ranking-the-best-shutdown-cornerbacks-in-history#slide19

Revis at #7 (of shutdown, not overall, corners).

It would seem the claim of "not debatable" that Revis is the greatest CB of all time.....is rather debatable.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Best player in team history

Best player in team history = 16 mil before taxes. 

He could be making as much in endorsements forever if he hadn't been a merc  every couple of years.

I didn't say it wasn't his prerogative. I said it was his choice. It's my money and I want it now. 

2 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Best player in team history = 16 mil before taxes. 

He could be making as much in endorsements forever if he hadn't been a merc  every couple of years.

I didn't say it wasn't his prerogative. I said it was his choice. It's my money and I want it now. 

He never wanted to leave, he wanted to stay and get paid.  Remember that we traded him.

16 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Yep, interceptions tell us who the best cover corners are ?

more than your very jetcentric biased opinion does...  freaking jerry holmes had as many INts as revis..

how did he DO THAT? obvioulsy he wasnt COVERING his man, yet somehow he ended up catching the ball instead of his man...

Revis was too busy covering to find the ball? 

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

He never wanted to leave, he wanted to stay and get paid.  Remember that we traded him.

This guy held out as a rookie signed a 5 year contract then held out 2 years later again. Signed a 4 year extension and held out again 2 years later. 

Only an idiot would give this guy more upfront money an anything more than a 2 year contract.

Thank God we hired an idiot in 2015. 

Revis was entitled to everything he got, but he's not entitled to blame anyone but himself for what he has. 

8 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

more than your very jetcentric biased opinion does...  freaking jerry holmes had as many INts as revis..

how did he DO THAT? obvioulsy he wasnt COVERING his man, yet somehow he ended up catching the ball instead of his man...

Revis was too busy covering to find the ball? 

QBs stopped throwing at him when they realized it would either be an int or incomplete. He had 14 INTs his first 3 seasons then 15 the rest of his career.  Why do you think that is?

Revis dominated the best WRs in the game in an era where all the rules are skewed toward pass offense.  

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

QBs stopped throwing at him when they realized it would either be an int or incomplete. He had 14 INTs his first 3 seasons then 15 the rest of his career.  Why do you think that is?

Revis dominated the best WRs in the game in an era where all the rules are skewed toward pass offense.  

we agree to disagree then...