Tailgate tent question

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If you have to drive around those tents, youre now in the middle of the road. 

Sorry you dont want to hear that but your own picture proves it true.  If im driving by i either go over the middle of the road or hit those tents.

Its rude as can be.

Come on man......... its a tailgating you need to drive carefully in those lots regardless. 

There is always room for a car to get by when I set my tent up. 

15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Im not there every week and get there early and not 30 minutes before kickoff and this wouldn't happen.

I am respectful and courteous and I don't play Molly Hatchet full throttle if you see me when im there stop by I buy you a beer. 

Although I am not a fan of Molly Hatchet, that wouldn't be so bad, it's the idiots blasting gangsta rap so loud that we can't have a conversation. That bothers me and my sensitive, tasteful ears

To be fair though, although we rarely play any music, once we did and some guy came over and said, "just wanted to tell you that your music sucks" (see other threads on this forum for examples). Never played anything ever again but I just bought a Bluetooth speaker and loaded my phone with backing tracks. Next tailgate I'm bringing that a D and an A harp and annoying all you folks with some live blues :)

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

Although I am not a fan of Molly Hatchet, that wouldn't be so bad, it's the idiots blasting gangsta rap so loud that we can't have a conversation. That bothers me and my sensitive, tasteful ears

To be fair though, although we rarely play any music, once we did and some guy came over and said, "just wanted to tell you that your music sucks" (see other threads on this forum for examples). Never played anything ever again but I just bought a Bluetooth speaker and loaded my phone with backing tracks. Next tailgate I'm bringing that a D and an A harp and annoying all you folks with some live blues :)

No gangsta rap and nothing loud we like to talk when we tailgate. 

Most times we don't play music we can hear others music. 

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Random I know but this summer got a nice Gotham green 8x8 tent. Used to be a back of the truck type of tailgater but want to step up my game. That said where’s suggestions on best places to pitch tents without getting yelled at once lot starts to fill up. Any help from some of you pros be helpful. Thanks and stay cool. 

Go to a pre-season game and scout out the lots . Look for any grassy area (very few available ) . There are some spots where you won't take up an extra parking spot but they are few and far between . Lot 26 had plenty of them until the morons building Zanadu filled the lot with building equipment . Good luck . 

12 hours ago, jmat321 said:

Just get there early, put the tent in an empty space right next to your vehicle.  If someone wants to park in said spot, tell them you are holding it for your cousin.  Thereafter, you can go back to launching K2s at BMWs.  Been doing that for close to 30 years.

This is awful behavior. It sadly reflects on ypur parents and how you were raised

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Random I know but this summer got a nice Gotham green 8x8 tent. Used to be a back of the truck type of tailgater but want to step up my game. That said where’s suggestions on best places to pitch tents without getting yelled at once lot starts to fill up. Any help from some of you pros be helpful. Thanks and stay cool. 

Tent ?..

AP98012501672-660x451.jpg

cheers ~ ~

:beer:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Ah, thanks for this thread.  It reinforced my decision to watch all games at the tailgate party in my pool area, and not have to deal with the ignorant  :wub:  louts  :wub:  at the game.  

hey !.. word of the day  " Lout "   ;)

larger_lout_by_futobara-dantvls.jpg

7 hours ago, flgreen said:

Ah, thanks for this thread.  It reinforced my decision to watch all games at the tailgate party in my pool area, and not have to deal with the ignorant louts at the game.  

In fairness most Jet fans are great people having a great time. Can’t beat live football

On 7/21/2019 at 6:24 PM, Jet Nut said:

Park a truck in a regular spot and the entire spot is taken up.  A 8X8 tent will block the roadway and they can make you take it down.  

No one does that, they take up a second spot

There are seriously like a million 8 x 8 tents that are up each week. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/21/2019 at 9:04 PM, Mike135 said:

Corner spots are the easiest...

20140907_101851.thumb.jpg.d3c604fe71a6a8fc95e91d6680b901d0.jpg

Anywhere with a sidewalk is best in my opinion. We park in the back of the lot even though we are the first ones to pull in there. Having the sidewalk and plenty of room around us is worth it.

• Upvote 1

On 7/21/2019 at 6:52 PM, T0mShane said:

The stadium is literally built upon an irradiated drainage swamp. They couldn’t produce grass on that property if you coated it with 1,000 tons of topsoil 

1,000 tons of top soil isn't really all that much. Just saying.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Anywhere with a sidewalk is best in my opinion. We park in the back of the lot even though we are the first ones to pull in there. Having the sidewalk and plenty of room around us is worth it.

Yea I think you are right. Thanks max 

• Upvote 1