If Qvale's injury is serious, how does it impact OL depth?

15 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Qvale is not a loss (I feel bad for anyone who gets injured, but im speaking just about his ability as a player.

Teams should not have guys like Qvale on their team except for emergencies.  He isnt young enough to develop nor is he young enough to have upside, while at the same time he isnt as good as other veterans who will shake lose at cutdowns.

There is simply no way he is marginally better then someone like Braden, who does have some upside.  

Lets hope our younger guys develop and can provide depth behind compton.

As for the Redskins - shefter tweeted yesterday that the relationship between the redskins and Williams is too fractured to repair.  Beachem and a 3 - get it done.

I agree with your assessment of Qvale, everytime he had to play he struggled terribly & the only reason he was on this team so long was because Macc refused to draft Olineman. 

You know you're a WFAN type fan when an injury to a backup OL is met with calls to trade for a 7 time pro bowl OL.

And of course to top it you add, no top draft picks.  LOL

Hey maybe they'll take Qvale for Williams.   Come on, we'd all like him, who wouldn't but if he becomes available it will cost us. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You know you're a WFAN type fan when an injury to a backup OL is met with calls to trade for a 7 time pro bowl OL.

And of course to top it you add, no top draft picks.  LOL

Hey maybe they'll take Qvale for Williams.   Come on, we'd all like him, who wouldn't but if he becomes available it will cost us. 

Your damn right. Jets would probably have to trade Skins Beachum (Hold the Fort for them) & a #2. When was the last time our 2nd rounder worked out for us? David Harris? Trent Williams next to KO? I'd do it. Protecting Sam is numero uno! And Beachum can't run block for sh*t!

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, flgreen said:

I know everyone is blowing this off as "no big deal, Qvale sucked".  Actually he didn't.  Certainly not a "Pro Bowl" type player, but he was very good as a back up.

Qvale sucked as a LT, but IMO he was  just below starting quality RT.  I actually thought he was just as good as Shell, but I think the prior CS thought Shell had a higher up side.  Mostly because of his last name IMO. 

Qvale was also a decent RG in a pinch.  When he was in at either position I really couldn't tell the difference in the OL play.  He might be a difficult guy to replace as a back up.

Hope one of these young guys is up to the task

yep.  people seem to be too quick to write this off.  i do think they will be able to fill his role with some camp casualties in the next few weeks or maybe one of the young guys step up.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Nope....just 1 big megacut

I think this makes for more player for player trades.  It makes sense, get rid of guys on your bubble, but get an earlier look at guys on another team's bubble.  Let them learn the playbook so they might actually be useful before the bye.

3 hours ago, BCJet said:

Qvale is not a loss (I feel bad for anyone who gets injured, but im speaking just about his ability as a player.

Teams should not have guys like Qvale on their team except for emergencies.  He isnt young enough to develop nor is he young enough to have upside, while at the same time he isnt as good as other veterans who will shake lose at cutdowns.

There is simply no way he is marginally better then someone like Braden, who does have some upside.  

Lets hope our younger guys develop and can provide depth behind compton.

As for the Redskins - shefter tweeted yesterday that the relationship between the redskins and Williams is too fractured to repair.  Beachem and a 3 - get it done.

Qvale had 14 starts as a Jet.  Can you remember any?  That probably means he wasn't that bad.  I bet you can't name which game we saw a massive downgrade from Winters or Shell.  Maybe a couple of those starts were as TE as an extra blocker, but certainly not all. 

I appreciate the information came from Shefter, but IMO the Redskins/Williams rift is a fracture that can easily be resolved with money.  The rest is just chatter.

30 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Your damn right. Jets would probably have to trade Skins Beachum (Hold the Fort for them) & a #2. When was the last time our 2nd rounder worked out for us? David Harris? Trent Williams next to KO? I'd do it. Protecting Sam is numero uno! And Beachum can't run block for sh*t!

I keep hearing how none of the Jets 2nd rounders work out.  Then I hear that Marcus Maye is part of the best young safety duo in the league.   Isn't this a contradiction? 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Jetster said:

When was the last time Douglas drafted a 2nd and he didn't work out?

As so I responded to a post where it was said to trade nothing and get the player

Pure WFAN. 

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think this makes for more player for player trades.  It makes sense, get rid of guys on your bubble, but get an earlier look at guys on another team's bubble.  Let them learn the playbook so they might actually be useful before the bye.

Qvale had 14 starts as a Jet.  Can you remember any?  That probably means he wasn't that bad.  I bet you can't name which game we saw a massive downgrade from Winters or Shell.  Maybe a couple of those starts were as TE as an extra blocker, but certainly not all. 

I appreciate the information came from Shefter, but IMO the Redskins/Williams rift is a fracture that can easily be resolved with money.  The rest is just chatter.

I keep hearing how none of the Jets 2nd rounders work out.  Then I hear that Marcus Maye is part of the best young safety duo in the league.   Isn't this a contradiction? 

When did Marcus Maye actually play? I can't remember.

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 1:19 PM, Jetpain said:

He's average at best. If his loss is a big loss this team is in big trouble.   You don't want to see anyone get injured but I think finding a replacement for him should not be that difficult.  

I know a couple a guys who suck as badly as Qvale has. They do building maintenance.

C'mon, the most I remember about Qvale: as an extra blocker we needed another extra blocker. From the bottom up, from last year: Tomlinson, Qvale, Winters...from inept, to overstimulated (penalty machine) to severely un-athletic, the Jets would do well to upgrade these guys.

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

When did Marcus Maye actually play? I can't remember. 

his first season

First Dominator said, "I keep hearing how none of the Jets 2nd rounders work out.  Then I hear that Marcus Maye is part of the best young safety duo in the league.   Isn't this a contradiction?"

There's "not working out" and then there's "Jets second round pick". Guys like Vlad Ducasse, Stephen Hill, the other WR who hurt his ACL twice, et. al.

It's way harder to remember guys who did actually work out.

4 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

Brent Qvale is the Brooks Bollinger of offensive lineman. "Good" enough to be on the final 53, but not good enough to actually play, if someone goes down w/ an injury.

He’s been fine at RT.  He’s trash at LT