Michael Kay Show at Jets Camp

Sam Darnold

The Michael Kay show was at New York Jets training camp in Florham Park. Here are two videos from the Atlantic Health Training Center. Michael Kay is still recovering from vocal cord surgery. So Don La Greca and Bob Wischusen handled these interviews.

Sam Darnold
Discusses the adjustment to the new coaching staff and learning the new offense
How experience helps you slow things down
Watched the playoffs like a fan
Adjusting from the West Coast to the East Coast and how he hasn’t watched the Soprano’s yet

Adam Gase
Enjoying being around the guys and is impressed with how hard the team works
CJ Mosley is a quiet leader and Jamal Adams knows how to push his buttons
Some of the throws Darnold makes are ridiculous and his arm looks stronger this year
What he learned from working with Peyton Manning
Lessons learned that make him a better coach today

The post Michael Kay Show at #JetsCamp with Darnold & Gase appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
6OeIiMYkQS0

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 2

Impressions:. 

Sam Darnold us a future Top 5 QB in the NFL....(note: future could be as short as 5 to 6 weeks from now. )  He just seems to have it all.

Gase seems like he has a good vision. I loved his answer on what he has learned about the 2nd time around. 

Biggest factoid though is that we seem to have gone from a HC/GM combo that did not value the OL much if at all to a combo that views it as most important group on the team. I think this is awesome as football success is almost entirely based on QB and OL play in today's NFL

• Upvote 4

This was the thread of the day!

Thanks for the vids.  A must watch for any Jets fan.

(Hate to say it but man, I like Gase more and more every time I hear him talk.  Smart, down to earth, but an Alpha who really seems to get what this whole thing is about.  Geez I hope this all works out.)

• Upvote 1

Generally speaking, t’s amazing that’s an actual show broadcast in drive-time in the NY market. It sounds like a bad public access thing called “YankeezChat” featuring two old carpet salesmen from Bayonne and their unemployed stoner nephew who has Drake’s face tattooed on his neck. Imagine devoting this much time and copious ESPN resources into this endeavor and still being unable to beat Zombie Francesa, who works out of his basement these days. That said, I’m glad this was Wischusen and LaGreca on these interviews. Wischusen asked some good questions.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Generally speaking, t’s amazing that’s an actual show broadcast in drive-time in the NY market. It sounds like a bad public access thing called “YankeezChat” featuring two old carpet salesmen from Bayonne and their unemployed stoner nephew who has Drake’s face tattooed on his neck. Imagine devoting this much time and copious ESPN resources into this endeavor and still being unable to beat Zombie Francesa, who works out of his basement these days. That said, I’m glad this was Wischusen and LaGreca on these interviews. Wischusen asked some good questions.

Wischusen is a pro and a good dude.  Hard not to like him. 

• Upvote 1