Jump to content

Josh Allen Is Absolutely Terrorizing The Dolphins


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

QW hasn't been allowed to play enough snaps and hasn't played on the line with Leo yet. Let's see how he looks on Saturday but he looked real good in the limited plays against Falcons.  It seemed like he was always in the backfield.... he missed a couple of tackles but he was disrupting without any 'real' stats.

QW can be awesome, but it would suck to watch Allen turn into a stud pass rusher when that has been a need of ours for like 15 years 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

QW can be awesome, but it would suck to watch Allen turn into a stud pass rusher when that has been a need of ours for like 15 years 

QW could do more damage as an interior DL then Josh Allen. See Aaron Donald vs Mack. Even if its equal... who cares... A good GM can find situational pass rushers, not Macks but people to suffice. If QW turns into what I think he is going to be, QW will cause more chaos, and players that can do this from the interior of the DL are rare.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

QW could do more damage as an interior DL then Josh Allen. See Aaron Donald vs Mack. Even if its equal... who cares... A good GM can find situational pass rushers, not Macks but people to suffice. If QW turns into what I think he is going to be, QW will cause more chaos, and players that can do this from the interior of the DL are rare.

Hope you are right, but statistically, the chances of QW being Donald or Sapp are hella low

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Aaron Donald had 20.5 sacks last season, and has 59.5 for his career.  He's other-worldly playing a position where sacks are very hard to come by.  

Pass-rushing DT's are so valuable because the distance to the QB is shorter, thus it helps to negate the QB's who constantly get the ball out quickly (like Brady).   

The problem is very few guys on the planet can do this.  And we passed on the pass-rushing DT with Donald-like metrics (Ed Oliver) for the guy who MIGHT be a solid pass-rusher in QW.  If QW ends up a rich man's Gerald McCoy, that won't be enough to justify the # 3 overall pick.  

And yet, Oliver had just 3 sacks last season while Quinnen had 8 against a tougher conference.  I'm not about to hand the DROY trophy to Ed just yet.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

And yet, Oliver had just 3 sacks last season while Quinnen had 8 against a tougher conference.  I'm not about to hand the DROY trophy to Ed just yet.

This has been debunked numerous times.  Oliver played over 60 %  of his snaps at Nose Tackle for Houston. 

There's literally zero boxes Oliver left unchecked when looking for a pass-rushing DT.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Ha!  No, I had no idea who we'd get two rounds later.  I obviously didn't state that correctly, but my draft preference is typically when two players are rated fairly equally (as I thought QW and Allen were) then the thing that tips you in one direction over another is need.  I had QW and Allen both as Top 5 guys....whether one was worth the #2 and the other #3 doesn't really matter.....in my opinion our glaring need at Edge rusher should have trumped adding another body to a crowded DLine.

You're being waaaay too sensible here.  :Forum:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Nah. Harder to be as dominant from the inside. 

I was speaking more to be elite pass rusher that is more then just a pass rusher.

I understand and agree that being dominate from the inside is rare. Which is why it makes QW far more valuable. Much riskier of a pick, but if he reaches the elite level some of the NFL scouts think, then QW had to be the choice.

If you have a chance at a unicorn, you shouldn't settle for the best Arabian in the class, even if he is going to be a Secretariat. You go get the mythical beast.

Haha

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

And we passed on the pass-rushing DT with Donald-like metrics (Ed Oliver) for the guy who MIGHT be a solid pass-rusher in QW.

Who amazingly had nowhere near the production of QW.  Not even close.  Not close to the number of sacks.   

Without anywhere near the competition.  

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Who amazingly had nowhere near the production of QW.  Not even close.  Not close to the number of sacks.   

Without anywhere near the competition.  

 

Dude, did you have to try to specifically attribute a quote I disagreed with to me?  Or was that a board bug?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This has been debunked numerous times.  Oliver played over 60 %  of his snaps at Nose Tackle for Houston. 

There's literally zero boxes Oliver left unchecked when looking for a pass-rushing DT.  

Fewer tackles for loses.  

Much fewer tackles

And the excuse is Oliver a DT, was paying inside?  Unlike QW?  LOL, come on, thats beyond funny 

Any other excuses?  Its cool to whine that LW being doubled is an excuse here but over 60% of his snaps were at NT?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Dude, did you have to try to specifically attribute a quote I disagreed with to me?  Or was that a board bug?

No, I didnt read your post.

Take it as a compliment then, had no idea.  Than again, i've posted this before.  With the numbers.  Maybe I should lecture myself

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

He hasn't played a game.

Yes, I know. 

But again, the chances that he is as dominant from his position as typical pro-bowl level outside pass rusher aren't that great. (See Leo)

We need a consistently above average pass rush if we want to compete, particularly with the corners currently on our roster. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yes, I know. 

But again, the chances that he is as dominant from his position as typical pro-bowl level outside pass rusher aren't that great. (See Leo)

We need a consistently above average pass rush if we want to compete, particularly with the corners currently on our roster. 

Not if you have Warren Sapp

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

 

I’m very impressed with the game he is having for the Jags. He’s all over the place in the run and passing games. his impact is being felt. He looks like the real deal out there.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

I am happy with Q but I think Allen is going to be legit. Way better than Bosa.

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am happy with Q but I think Allen is going to be legit. Way better than Bosa.

Agreed. I’m not so sure bosa has many full 16 game seasons unfortunately.

Allen looked every bit the top pass rusher in the draft and maybe the last few years of drafts. I like Q too but it sure would be nice to nail down that generational pass rusher.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, SteamyRayVaughn said:

Actually his metrics were really good. The knock on him was that he didn’t use a wide array of pass rushing moves so folks didn’t know if his style would translate well at the next level. 

I wanted him at 3, because to me getting 17 sacks at UK in the SEC is impressive regardless of how you do it. It’s not like he played with multiple NFL players on defense like Quinnen did. 

Alabama guys are always overrated IMO. Quinnen to me will be like Jonathan Allen-not a bust, but certainly not a top 3 pick.

The giants didn’t pick third this year

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...