Jets looking for RBs?

Mike135

13 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Behind Bell and Montgomery we have nothing. McGuire proved to suck , and Cannon is a blah blah, blah special-teams guy. I love me some Bilal Powell but he just came off a broken neck and he's like 31 years old so if Montgomery or Bell go down we have nothing.

Id like to see Valentine Holmes get in some action if it comes to that.

13 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Because Cannon sucks 

If the Jets add a RB, it's most likely Powell that gets cut, not Cannon. Cannon has special teams value.

I agree with the folks who think the Jets might be looking for a thumper. Was hoping Wesco might be able to fill that role, but they haven't even tried him at it. 

Just now, slats said:

If the Jets add a RB, it's most likely Powell that gets cut, not Cannon. Cannon has special teams value.

I agree with the folks who think the Jets might be looking for a thumper. Was hoping Wesco might be able to fill that role, but they haven't even tried him at it. 

I agree but if he is young thumper then cannon is gone... Jmho. 

1 hour ago, LockeJET said:

Pending Suspension for Bell for violating the substance abuse policy?

14 hours ago, Ghost420 said:

Bell getting moved for Clowney 

12 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I can see it. 

Are you guys serious?  I'm not sure...

I think Bell is the best player on this team.  He isnt going anywhere. 

I believe the league tested him back-to-back days in camp because the owners tried to get him to piss dirty as vengeance for him being the first to take a stand on behalf of the running back position in contract negotiations.

He was smiling and itching to play before Thursday's preseason game during a pregame interview.  He isnt getting suspended.

He is ready to combine for 1700+ yards from scrimmage this season.

2 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Are you guys serious?  I'm not sure...

I think Bell is the best player on this team.  He isnt going anywhere. 

I believe the league tested him back-to-back days in camp because the owners tried to get him to piss dirty as vengeance for him being the first to take a stand on behalf of the running back position in contract negotiations.

He was smiling and itching to play before Thursday's preseason game during a pregame interview.  He isnt getting suspended.

He is ready to combine for 1700+ yards from scrimmage this season.

It was a joke

NFL roster cuts: Eagles waive RB Josh Adams | Here’s what his departure means for depth chart

Today 12:07 PM
The Philadelphia Eagles cut RB Josh Adams during the team's crafting of the 53-man roster.

Tim Hawk | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

The Philadelphia Eagles cut RB Josh Adams during the team's crafting of the 53-man roster.

By Mike Kaye | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Josh Adams is set to hit the waiver wire.

The Eagles waived the second-year running back on Saturday, according to NFL Media’s Mike Garafolo. Adams, who led the team in rushing yards last season, will be subject to waivers and can be claimed by any of the other 31 NFL teams.

#Eagles are waiving RB Josh Adams, source says. He ran for 511 yards and 3 TDs last year but it’s a crowded backfield now. Should have interest on the waiver wire.

After undergoing offseason labrum surgery, Adams was eased back into practice during the offseason program in May. He was eventually a full participant in practice during mandatory minicamp in June.

Adams was heavily featured in the backfield during training camp and the preseason this summer. The former undrafted free agent displayed improved short-yardage and receiving skills after both elements hindered his performance last season.

Adams was showcased throughout the preseason, but failed to force the Eagles to keep a fifth running back. The Eagles upgraded the depth at the position this offseason, trading for Jordan Howard and drafting Miles Sanders.

With Corey Clement and Darren Sproles returning to the rotation, the spots were limited in the Eagles’ backfield. Howard, Sanders, Clement and Sproles are expected to form a versatile running back rotation this season.

Adams, who started last season on the practice squad, should receive interest on the waiver wire. The 6-foot-2, 225-pound running back flashed at times last season, as he produced 511 rushing yards and three touchdowns.

Adams should benefit from the running back injuries around the league. He could be targeted as a replacement for some of the notable veterans who were injured during training camp or the preseason.

The Eagles entered training camp with eight running backs. For the majority of the summer, the team was expected to only keep four players at the position.

Archived