Jets looking for RBs?

Mike135

Mike Boone has to be on the Texans radar.  I have watched him run, and dont think he is a pre-season fluke.  I have come away a believer.  He is blazing fast with a little elusiveness.

The Vikings drafted Alexander Mattison in the 3rd.  I think Boone looks much better and should be Cook's backup.   Vikes have draft capital in Mattison, so they might not admit it on the depth chart for PR reasons.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Who is Aaron Wilson?

He’s been covering the NFL for overs 20 yrs, he’s covered the Titans, Jags, Ravens and now Texans. Well connected. During season he will report each week the various players working out for teams around the league. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

47 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

We could be looking for a short yardage, late game type of downhill runner. It's a skill lacking on this team right now.

Yup, I posted something similar about the RB depth chart.  We have no "thumper" or short yardage, "get me 2 yards guaranteed" kind of guy.  A fullback sized guy.  Bell, Montgomery, Powell, Cannon are all speedy/shifty kind of guys who you don't want to routinely ask to pound the ball into a stacked box at the goal line.

It's not the quality of our RB depth that's the problem, it's the composition.

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Who is Aaron Wilson?

Texans beat writer.  May have some credibility for Texans, who havehuge need at RB after Lamar Miller went down.  But none of the Jets writers have said anything which means either there is nothing to this report, or our writers all suck.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Texans beat writer.  May have some credibility for Texans, who havehuge need at RB after Lamar Miller went down.  But none of the Jets writers have said anything which means either there is nothing to this report, or our writers all suck.

If our "writers" had said it, I would have ignored it.  Of course they suck.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Behind Bell and Montgomery we have nothing. McGuire proved to suck , and Cannon is a blah blah, blah special-teams guy. I love me some Bilal Powell but he just came off a broken neck and he's like 31 years old so if Montgomery or Bell go down we have nothing.

You mean like every other team in the league?

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I think it's wrong where the Jets are concerned. RB is not a position of weakness at the moment. I'm sure they would look into an upgrade at any position if possible, but trading for a RB?    Sounds way off to me.