Fire Gase Brigade

Jetster

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Seemed to work fine in the first half. Second half they stopped running the ball and scored 3 points. They’re paying Bell a ton of money. Give him the ball. Work the clock. 

Can't believe anyone that watched that game has that opinion....Bell had NOTHING to work with, all game. The NYJ had like 55 yds rushing ALL GAME, and it wasn't due to a lack of trying.

The NYJ had all of 3 possessions in the second half...One ended on a Darnold INT at the DAL 11.  One was a punt, one was a FG.  TOP for the second half was 18+ for DAL, 11 + for the NYJ.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Can't believe anyone that watched that game has that opinion....Bell had NOTHING to work with, all game. The NYJ had like 55 yds rushing ALL GAME, and it wasn't due to a lack of trying.

The NYJ had all of 3 possessions in the second half...One ended on a Darnold INT at the DAL 11.  One was a punt, one was a FG.  TOP for the second half was 18+ for DAL, 11 + for the NYJ.

I’m not saying run the back three downs and punt. I’m saying don’t abandon the run game with a tiring QB who was out for a month with a nasty case of mono. 

35 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So we know for a fact that Gase is no brilliant offensive coach at all as he is totally  dependant on a franchise QB being there. Unlike many other teams in this league that could at last get by with lesser QBs.  The Jets were epically bad with their other QBS.  The ones that Gase approved of and brought in and had in camp.

This is the Rex argument all over again.  Rex is a prime defensive coach as long as he is afforded tons of talent.

Wait a minute.

If Simien hadn't broke his ankle and played weeks 2-5, you might have a point.  I'm sure Gase did approve of Falk, for the PS....not so sure if he knew Simien was going out to injury in Q1 of week 2 that Falk would have been his choice.

Just now, greenwave81 said:

Wait a minute.

If Simien hadn't broke his ankle and played weeks 2-5, you might have a point.  I'm sure Gase did approve of Falk, for the PS....not so sure if he knew Simien was going out to injury in Q1 of week 2 that Falk would have been his choice.

1 quarter of Luke Falk football and Adam Gase should have recognized he sucked. 

I don't know what game you were watching, but I saw Sam throwing on 1st down in the 2nd half. The OL had a ton of penalties. Some on here were calling for more runs, but they were stacking the box. You are completely wrong.

You say Dallas was stacking the box, how many guys were in there? If they were stacking, then why didn’t Gase call Robbies Number and let him beat his guy one on one over the top? That would have softened the box and allowed the jets offense to keep Dallas off balance. In the NFL, you keep pressure on your opponents by running a balanced offense. This then leads to moving the ball and points scored. When a teams defense is off balance, then your offense can execute an assortment of run and passes.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

There are no easy games in the NFL for an incomplete team, just ask the Cowboys & their fans. You don't think Cowboy fans were penciling in a W before heading to New York to play the 0-4 Jets?

Of course Cowboy fans were penciling in a win! I also think Garret is a so so coach as well. There 3 game losing streak is an indictment on him. Every season an NFL team will lose a game or two they have no business of losing. The jets as constructed should go 9-2 for the remainder of the season against weak opponents. Gase was brought in here to win games and eventually win a Super Bowl. That’s the goal! He has Sam and is getting Mosley, enough with the excuses for this guy, go out and get the team prepared to beat the Pats and lead this team to a bunch of wins!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Wasn't a Big Gase fan, didn't want him hired and not sure about him now... but you have to like what he says here and how he says it!

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/how-do-adam-gase-sam-darnold-feel-after-first-win-in-2019

“We just have to keep tightening up the screws,” Gase said. “We have to do a better job of taking practice to the game field. We did take a step in that direction, what we saw in practice, we did see on the game field for the most part.

“It doesn’t matter if we’ve been averaging 40 points a game. Every week after you watch a game, you feel one way when you leave and a different way when you watch the film. That’s in both wins and losses. There’s a lot of things that we need to correct, that we need to do better, there are things we need to get on the same page on to where it can hurt you down the road.”

And more importantly Darnold gets it!!!!!! 

“I think, for us, we have to continue to work out the details,” he said. “Obviously we got the win, which was awesome. Our defense played great, we (the offense) played good at times, but there are a lot of things we can clean up. I think we left a lot of points on the field. We just have to clean up the details and get back to work.”

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I’m not saying run the back three downs and punt. I’m saying don’t abandon the run game with a tiring QB who was out for a month with a nasty case of mono. 

Ya know, I understand what you're saying....but Gase can't seem to get any slack on here at all.

If he had gone into a run first/heavy option (because the QB was tired due to Mono) and it didn't work, this board would criticize him for being too conservative.

You're saying he wasn't conservative enough by trying to ride Sam even though he was 'tired'.  Sam made ONE bad pass, which even he acknowledged was a bad read.

Fact is, the Jets couldn't run the ball...all game.  We had like 24 snaps on O the entire second half, and like a third were runs.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Running the ball would have kept the clock going. They had three second half drives - the interception (where they were having success running the ball), the punt where they didn’t run the ball (had least amount of plays), and the field goal where they did run the ball. Not sure why you assume three and outs. But, if the QB is fatigued (your argument), why not use the big time running back that you acquired in the off-season more? 

I assume 3 and outs because Gase didn't feel like they could run the ball, which is why he didn't run the ball. So if he did what he didn't think would work, on a day when he did what he thought would work, and did work, it seems safe to assume that he would have also been right about the thing not working actually not working. In this case that would have been running the ball.

Why you are so consumed with play calling in an upset would concern me if I were you but I am not you so I am not concerned I am just letting you know that if I thought like that was just really super consumed with a thought process like that and it was in my brain after a big upset win that would be a concern to me but since it isn't me it definitely isn;'t a concern to me just passing this info along as a courtesy.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

identify those who dont know WTF they are watching and put them on ignore. if you talk with them. they spew more stupidity, a stupid double decker with some dumbass sauce on top.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

1 quarter of Luke Falk football and Adam Gase should have recognized he sucked. 

Ok..yeah.

He should have immediately demanded that what ever it takes, he needed Brock freaking Osweiler in here...like ..NOW.

I'm sure Gase knew he sucked 'now', because after spending last year on the MIA injured list, he shoulda been totally prepared for regular NFL action..right?

He was signed to the PS for a reason...because we had two 'NFL QBs' on the roster to start the season.

After that, it's all a crap shoot....except for JI Nostradamuses.

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I assume 3 and outs because Gase didn't feel like they could run the ball, which is why he didn't run the ball. So if he did what he didn't think would work, on a day when he did what he thought would work, and did work, it seems safe to assume that he would have also been right about the thing not working actually not working. In this case that would have been running the ball.

Why you are so consumed with play calling in an upset would concern me if I were you but I am not you so I am not concerned I am just letting you know that if I thought like that was just really super consumed with a thought process like that and it was in my brain after a big upset win that would be a concern to me but since it isn't me it definitely isn;'t a concern to me just passing this info along as a courtesy.

I’m only concerned because it shows a pattern of continued ineptitude by the head coach of the team I’ve invested a long time in cheering for. Your lack of concern of how bad the team performed/lack of coaching adjustments after halftime is concerning me. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I’m only concerned because it shows a pattern of continued ineptitude by the head coach of the team I’ve invested a long time in cheering for. Your lack of concern of how bad the team performed/lack of coaching adjustments after halftime is concerning me. 

Thanks for your concern. I would be concerned about your concern but you chose the name crazy for your username so that makes me not concerned about your concern.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Ya know, I understand what you're saying....but Gase can't seem to get any slack on here at all.

If he had gone into a run first/heavy option (because the QB was tired due to Mono) and it didn't work, this board would criticize him for being too conservative.

You're saying he wasn't conservative enough by trying to ride Sam even though he was 'tired'.  Sam made ONE bad pass, which even he acknowledged was a bad read.

Fact is, the Jets couldn't run the ball...all game.  We had like 24 snaps on O the entire second half, and like a third were runs.

All I am saying is he almost blew the game with his playcalling in the second half like he did in Buffalo. That’s not really a great feeling. A win is a win and they needed one badly, but the coach doesn’t instill confidence. You could understand this stuff from a rookie coach. This is Gase’s 4th year and he’s not getting better as a head coach. I think he’d be a solid OC. 

4 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Ok..yeah.

He should have immediately demanded that what ever it takes, he needed Brock freaking Osweiler in here...like ..NOW.

I'm sure Gase knew he sucked 'now', because after spending last year on the MIA injured list, he shoulda been totally prepared for regular NFL action..right?

He was signed to the PS for a reason...because we had two 'NFL QBs' on the roster to start the season.

After that, it's all a crap shoot....except for JI Nostradamuses.

Luke Falk so great and talented 31 other NFL teams put in a waiver claim for him.............................NOT 

There are better QB's on the street. 

All I am saying is he almost blew the game with his playcalling in the second half like he did in Buffalo. That’s not really a great feeling. A win is a win and they needed one badly, but the coach doesn’t instill confidence. You could understand this stuff from a rookie coach. This is Gase’s 4th year and he’s not getting better as a head coach. I think he’d be a solid OC. 

The team is playing hard for him after the 0 and 4 start and you hate his play calling. Yet you think he would be a solid offensive coordinator.

I think we are done here. Does anyone know how I can validate this parking ticket?  lol.

58 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Running the ball would have kept the clock going. They had three second half drives - the interception (where they were having success running the ball), the punt where they didn’t run the ball (had least amount of plays), and the field goal where they did run the ball. Not sure why you assume three and outs. But, if the QB is fatigued (your argument), why not use the big time running back that you acquired in the off-season more? 

•  

(7:50 - 3rd) B.Maher kicks 65 yards from DAL 35 to end zone, Touchback.

• 1st & 10 at NYJ 25

(7:50 - 3rd) Ro.Anderson left end pushed ob at NYJ 26 for 1 yard (J.Heath). PENALTY on NYJ-R.Griffin, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at NYJ 25 - No Play.

• 1st & 20 at NYJ 15

(7:27 - 3rd) (Shotgun) S.Darnold pass short middle to T.Montgomery pushed ob at NYJ 25 for 10 yards (X.Woods).

• 2nd & 10 at NYJ 25

(6:57 - 3rd) (Shotgun) S.Darnold pass deep left to J.Crowder pushed ob at 50 for 25 yards (X.Woods). DAL-B.Jones was injured during the play.

• 1st & 10 at 50

(6:39 - 3rd) S.Darnold pass short middle to J.Crowder to DAL 40 for 10 yards (J.Thomas).

• 1st & 10 at DAL 40

(5:57 - 3rd) L.Bell right guard to DAL 27 for 13 yards (X.Woods).

• 1st & 10 at DAL 27

(5:16 - 3rd) (Shotgun) S.Darnold pass short left to Ro.Anderson to DAL 21 for 6 yards (K.Hyder).

• 2nd & 4 at DAL 21

(4:32 - 3rd) S.Darnold pass short right to Ro.Anderson pushed ob at DAL 16 for 5 yards (C.Awuzie).

• 1st & 10 at DAL 16

(4:00 - 3rd) (Shotgun) L.Bell right guard to DAL 12 for 4 yards (X.Woods).

• 2nd & 6 at DAL 12

(3:23 - 3rd) (Shotgun) S.Darnold pass short left to D.Thomas to DAL 11 for 1 yard (S.Lee).

• 3rd & 5 at DAL 11

(2:40 - 3rd) (Shotgun) S.Darnold pass short right intended for J.Crowder INTERCEPTED by J.Lewis at DAL 6. J.Lewis to DAL 26 for 20 yards (C.Edoga).

This is your definition of having success 'running the ball'?

4 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:
    •  

(7:50 - 3rd) B.Maher kicks 65 yards from DAL 35 to end zone, Touchback.

• 1st & 10 at NYJ 25

(7:50 - 3rd) Ro.Anderson left end pushed ob at NYJ 26 for 1 yard (J.Heath). PENALTY on NYJ-R.Griffin, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at NYJ 25 - No Play.

• 1st & 20 at NYJ 15

(7:27 - 3rd) (Shotgun) S.Darnold pass short middle to T.Montgomery pushed ob at NYJ 25 for 10 yards (X.Woods).

• 2nd & 10 at NYJ 25

(6:57 - 3rd) (Shotgun) S.Darnold pass deep left to J.Crowder pushed ob at 50 for 25 yards (X.Woods). DAL-B.Jones was injured during the play.

• 1st & 10 at 50

(6:39 - 3rd) S.Darnold pass short middle to J.Crowder to DAL 40 for 10 yards (J.Thomas).

• 1st & 10 at DAL 40

(5:57 - 3rd) L.Bell right guard to DAL 27 for 13 yards (X.Woods).

• 1st & 10 at DAL 27

(5:16 - 3rd) (Shotgun) S.Darnold pass short left to Ro.Anderson to DAL 21 for 6 yards (K.Hyder).

• 2nd & 4 at DAL 21

(4:32 - 3rd) S.Darnold pass short right to Ro.Anderson pushed ob at DAL 16 for 5 yards (C.Awuzie).

• 1st & 10 at DAL 16

(4:00 - 3rd) (Shotgun) L.Bell right guard to DAL 12 for 4 yards (X.Woods).

• 2nd & 6 at DAL 12

(3:23 - 3rd) (Shotgun) S.Darnold pass short left to D.Thomas to DAL 11 for 1 yard (S.Lee).

• 3rd & 5 at DAL 11

(2:40 - 3rd) (Shotgun) S.Darnold pass short right intended for J.Crowder INTERCEPTED by J.Lewis at DAL 6. J.Lewis to DAL 26 for 20 yards (C.Edoga).

This is your definition of having success 'running the ball'?

2 carries for 17 yards would 8.5 yards per carry. I’d say that’s successful yes. 

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The team is playing hard for him after the 0 and 4 start and you hate his play calling. Yet you think he would be a solid offensive coordinator.

I think we are done here. Does anyone know how I can validate this parking ticket?  lol.

I hate his gameplan, usage of personnel, and lack of in game adjustments. None of those would be his responsibility as an offensive coordinator. Playcalling is questionable, but if he was an OC that wouldn’t necessarily be his responsibility either (see current Jets OC puppet). 

7 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

How did he almost blow the game with his second half play-calling?  What exactly did he do 'wrong'?

Really...I want to know.

I hate his gameplan, usage of personnel, and lack of in game adjustments. None of those would be his responsibility as an offensive coordinator. Playcalling is questionable, but if he was an OC that wouldn’t necessarily be his responsibility either (see current Jets OC puppet). 

You said you hate how he game plans, how he uses personnel and his lack of in game adjustments. And that his play calling is questionable. But he would be a solid offensive coordinator.

LOL. The position you are describing is an offensive quality assistant. Let him break down some game film and everyone else can do the heavy lifting. Those aren't the traits of someone who is a solid offensive coordinator. 

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

How did he almost blow the game with his second half play-calling?  What exactly did he do 'wrong'?

Really...I want to know.

His playcalling got the Jets 3 points in the second half. I’m not going to break it down. I’ve already done it in previous posts you don’t agree. That’s fine. 

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You said you hate how he game plans, how he uses personnel and his lack of in game adjustments. And that his play calling is questionable. But he would be a solid offensive coordinator.

LOL. The position you are describing is an offensive quality assistant. Let him break down some game film and everyone else can do the heavy lifting. Those aren't the traits of someone who is a solid offensive coordinator. 

Right. Like Loggains is for the Jets now and what he was for Manning. Just a guy around. That’s his niche. He’s not a good head coach. 

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

Don't forget the Anderson end around that went for 1 yd with a 10 yd penalty for holding.

3 Carries, net zero.

Plain and simple, Sam was the only option working yesterday.

So that I’m clear: a bad end around isn’t a bad play call but it helps you argue that the running game wasn’t working? That’s some spin!

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Right. Like Loggains is for the Jets now and what he was for Manning. Just a guy around. That’s his niche. He’s not a good head coach. 

If you think that an O\C doesn't give input into a game plan, even if he isn't calling the plays, I don't think there is much else I can say.

You said he would be a solid OC then listed everything that would make him terrible if true. Just go all in and say he would be bad 100%. Makes no sense to say he is terrible at his job but he would be good at a job that requires the same knowledge (minus the leadership and the team is playing hard for him).