Fire Gase Brigade

Jetster

3 hours ago, JiF said:

I get Falk was terrible but you rolled with him and kept saying things like; he's the best person to do this, etc.  if that's the case, show you could adjust. 

How would you have “adjusted” an offense to fit Luke Falk’s unique skill set? 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

If, and I am not saying it will definitely happen, but IF they beat the Pats this is a 9 win team (this season).

The criticism that Gase took about the offense wasn't fair. Gase is way out on a limb so there is plenty to criticize him about. But Luke Falk sucking isn't his issue. 

Falk didn't get any first team snaps before the Eagles game. Guess what? The Jets were losing with Falk no matter what. So I am glad Sam got time last week and this week. It paid off against the Cowboys.

Well I didn't want Gase here when they hired him but this statement is right on point. To criticize the guy due to injuries doesn't wash. How many teams lose their 1st & 2nd string QB's in successive weeks? Name one team that has and survived it.. As Jet Fans we all know QB's don't grow on trees right? We've been searching for one for how many years? So to bash the guy for not preparing a 3rd string barely above practice squad guy is lame AF. This was proven yesterday when Sam showed what a Gase offense could do with the right guy under Center. Yeah yeah I know Gase didn't make adjustments in the 2nd half but I think that can and will be corrected as time goes on.

I think the skies the limit with Sam. Can Gase tap that potential? Maybe. I'm leaning a little more towards the middle on the subject of Adam Gase and his coaching ability after yesterday. Do I think that translates into a 9 win team? I sure would love to see it. I still think anywhere from 6-8 wins is how it will go. I'd love to see the Jets destroy the Patriots on National TV though. That would be awesome. With Sam under Center its a possibility. That's better than it used to be.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JiF said:

When you’re up by 16 and the D provide half the points...

ah why even bother.  My gawd man. 

Because pissing away a 16 point lead in a quarter is a argument no one should even try to make.

Even better is the idea that it makes a difference who scored the points.  If the O scored all 16 it makes a difference how exactly?  

My gawd man is right.  No matter how you argue it you're wrong.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Just like if the Dallas kicker had made that gimmie kick yesterday, Dallas would have won?

Or do only we get the woulda, coulda, shoulda presumption?

Yes. 

But if they did I assume the Jets would have played more t differently so who knows how it would have turned out.  I would assume they call plays to protect the FG when Sam was intercepted.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Ugh, because it wasn't working when they didn't know we would run on every down

Lose and he wasn't attacking enough.

Attack all game and he should have went conservative 

Seemed to work fine in the first half. Second half they stopped running the ball and scored 3 points. They’re paying Bell a ton of money. Give him the ball. Work the clock. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Because the offensive line is in shambles.

They got outscored 16-3 in the second half and if it wasn’t for a questionable OPI call, it would have been worse and the game would have been in question. So it seems like the choices on offense in the second half weren’t good. 

• Thumb Down 1

56 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because pissing away a 16 point lead in a quarter is a argument no one should even try to make.

Even better is the idea that it makes a difference who scored the points.  If the O scored all 16 it makes a difference how exactly?  

My gawd man is right.  No matter how you argue it you're wrong.  

I too expect the victories come piling in when my offense puts up 8 points.  And when we lose with 8 points on offense, I'm like, damn that D for not holding the opponent to 7 points or less.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

How would you have “adjusted” an offense to fit Luke Falk’s unique skill set? 

I don’t think you can. But mailing it in for three weeks while simultaneously giving Bell a massive workload seems counterproductive to the “schedule gets easy and we go on a run” plan. 

• Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I don’t think you can. But mailing it in for three weeks while simultaneously giving Bell a massive workload seems counterproductive to the “schedule gets easy and we go on a run” plan. 

Maybe Bell getting a heavy workload was evidence that Gase wasn’t mailing it in(?)

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

They got outscored 16-3 in the second half and if it wasn’t for a questionable OPI call, it would have been worse and the game would have been in question. So it seems like the choices on offense in the second half weren’t good. 

And how would running 3 and outs have helped exactly?

Beachum was out. Shell who they think so little of he was inactive recently was at left tackle. Running the ball more wasn't going to help. 

They won a game in which they were big underdogs. Darnold threw a pick in the red zone but they won the game.

I fail to really see the problem here.

• Upvote 2

The Jets beat the Cowboys with Sam Darnold looking like a franchise QB and people are still sad about Gase not crafting an offense around Luke Falk. On the plus side, there are no But Gardner Minshew diatribes this week, so I guess that’s progress

Such a sad day when you are the voice of reason. But that is where we stand right now lol.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

The Jets beat the Cowboys with Sam Darnold looking like a franchise QB and people are still sad about Gase not crafting an offense around Luke Falk. On the plus side, there are no But Gardner Minshew diatribes this week, so I guess that’s progress

So we know for a fact that Gase is no brilliant offensive coach at all as he is totally  dependant on a franchise QB being there. Unlike many other teams in this league that could at last get by with lesser QBs.  The Jets were epically bad with their other QBS.  The ones that Gase approved of and brought in and had in camp.

This is the Rex argument all over again.  Rex is a prime defensive coach as long as he is afforded tons of talent.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So we know for a fact that Gase is no brilliant offensive coach at all as he is totally  dependant on a franchise QB being there. Unlike many other teams in this league that could at last get by with lesser QBs.  The Jets were epically bad with their other QBS.  The ones that Gase approved of and brought in and had in camp.

This is the Rex argument all over again.  Rex is a prime defensive coach as long as he is afforded tons of talent.

I would say that, yes, Sam Darnold is better than Luke Falk and the performance of the offense would reflect that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

their scheisschemists...

just use rollouts and trick plays behind an imitation OL line and VIOLA!!!

gold-shit.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Maxman said:

And how would running 3 and outs have helped exactly?

Beachum was out. Shell who they think so little of he was inactive recently was at left tackle. Running the ball more wasn't going to help. 

They won a game in which they were big underdogs. Darnold threw a pick in the red zone but they won the game.

I fail to really see the problem here.

Running the ball would have kept the clock going. They had three second half drives - the interception (where they were having success running the ball), the punt where they didn’t run the ball (had least amount of plays), and the field goal where they did run the ball. Not sure why you assume three and outs. But, if the QB is fatigued (your argument), why not use the big time running back that you acquired in the off-season more? 

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Running the ball would have kept the clock going. They had three second half drives - the interception (where they were having success running the ball), the punt where they didn’t run the ball (had least amount of plays), and the field goal where they did run the ball. Not sure why you assume three and outs. But, if the QB is fatigued (your argument), why not use the big time running back that you acquired in the off-season more? 

Big Time Running Back was going for a robust 3.6 ypc. If Gase goes conservative with that kind of trash running game, he loses the game and gets run up a flagpole. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

Big Time Running Back was going for a robust 3.6 ypc. If Gase goes conservative with that kind of trash running game, he loses the game and gets run up a flagpole. 

He almost lost it anyway by going aggressive. There’s a happy medium to be struck here Tom. What’s one thing Gase has shown you in these first 5 games that makes you think he’s the guy?

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He almost lost it anyway by going aggressive. There’s a happy medium to be struck here Tom. What’s one thing Gase has shown you in these first 5 games that makes you think he’s the guy?

He just beat the Cowboys and almost beat the 4-1 Bills when he had a functional QB. The roster is basura and he murdered the guy who built it. He didn’t lose the team at 0-4, and he brought in Joe Douglas to build with. There are concrete things to look forward to, which you couldn’t say if Mike McCarthy or Matt Rhule Plus Mike Maccagnan were here

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

He just beat the Cowboys and almost beat the 4-1 Bills when he had a functional QB. The roster is basura and he murdered the guy who built it. He didn’t lose the team at 0-4, and he brought in Joe Douglas to build with. There are concrete things to look forward to, which you couldn’t say if Mike McCarthy or Matt Rhule Plus Mike Maccagnan were here

I miss the old Tom like I miss the old Kanye. You’re having a breakdown like him and it’s sad to watch. The spin here is Fox News level stuff. I hope you get the help you need. 

• Thumb Down 1