Fire Gase Brigade

Jetster

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

If you think that an O\C doesn't give input into a game plan, even if he isn't calling the plays, I don't think there is much else I can say.

You said he would be a solid OC then listed everything that would make him terrible if true. Just go all in and say he would be bad 100%. Makes no sense to say he is terrible at his job but he would be good at a job that requires the same knowledge (minus the leadership and the team is playing hard for him). 

I’ve seen teams play hard for Todd Bowles too. Spare me this leadership stuff. Like I said, Gase’s best opportunity for employment moving forward is under an offensive head coach and a QB that doesn’t need much grooming. Like he had with Manning. He’s already failed as a HC once and after 6 weeks, I haven’t seen anything he’s gotten better at from his days in Miami. Have you?

32 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

identify those who dont know WTF they are watching and put them on ignore. if you talk with them. they spew more stupidity, a stupid double decker with some dumbass sauce on top.

crazycarl buttfumbled me? wow. whata  surpise. so, cagey, unpredictable.....    phugging sophmoric.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

At that time 

Paxton Lynch 

Brock Osweiler

Tom Savage 

David Fales 

Landry Jones 

LMAO.

Paxton Lynch, recently signed by the Steelers as they are also on to starting their 3rd string QB.

Osweiler?  Sitting on his couch...Colts visited with him, as did the Saints.  No deal.

Savage? 3rd Concussion in 4 yrs.

Fales? Waived twice by CHI, as well as BAL, MIA, DET.  Presently on the Jets, doubt he would have been a factor games 3-4

Landry Jones?  Signed in the XFL, 30 yrs old

Could any one of those guys have been better the Falk...yup.

But it's not worth killing Gase and JD over...because we're talking possibilities at best

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

LMAO.

Paxton Lynch, recently signed by the Steelers as they are also on to starting their 3rd string QB.

Osweiler?  Sitting on his couch...Colts visited with him, as did the Saints.  No deal.

Savage? 3rd Concussion in 4 yrs.

Fales? Waived twice by CHI, as well as BAL, MIA, DET.  Presently on the Jets, doubt he would have been a factor games 3-4

Landry Jones?  Signed in the XFL, 30 yrs old

Could any one of those guys have been better the Falk...yup.

But it's not worth killing Gase and JD over...because we're talking possibilities at best

All better than Luke Falk. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I’ve seen teams play hard for Todd Bowles too. Spare me this leadership stuff. Like I said, Gase’s best opportunity for employment moving forward is under an offensive head coach and a QB that doesn’t need much grooming. Like he had with Manning. He’s already failed as a HC once and after 6 weeks, I haven’t seen anything he’s gotten better at from his days in Miami. Have you?

I saw him win a game yesterday and that is all I am worried about right now. 2nd half play calling? Please.

He will get evaluated at the end of the year. You know what won't factor into that evaluation negatively? The play calling in the 2nd half yesterday. Because they won the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, JiF said:

I too expect the victories come piling in when my offense puts up 8 points.  And when we lose with 8 points on offense, I'm like, damn that D for not holding the opponent to 7 points or less.

Somehow you think this makes sense?  

I don't give a shlt how they scored.  They had a 16-0 lead in the 4th.  

Youre argument is pointless.  Actuall mind numbingly dumb.  Who gives a f how they got the point.  you sound like someone who just doesn't understand the game and how 16-0 in the 4th should be a win.

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Seemed to work fine in the first half. Second half they stopped running the ball and scored 3 points. They’re paying Bell a ton of money. Give him the ball. Work the clock. 

Did it work in the first half? 

And the second half is the same as the first? By rule? 

We run and lose fans cry that Gase sat on it.  He went with what they felt was the better approach.  Who cares they won.  I hate these but they could have lost nonsense

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Warfish said:

What do you think of Gase Jetster?

Do you believe Gase is a potential Super Bowl winning Head Coach?  If so, what have you seen in his time in NY that indicates that to you?

I'm going by what I know, who was available & what I saw with his interaction with the players in camp. 

Here are the things I know:

1- despite his losing record in Miami, he had success when Tannyhill was healthy, actually a very good record with a healthy Tannyhill. 

2- He doesn't put up with distractions. He traded Jarvis Landry & Ajayi and didn't blink an eye. I like guys that can make unpopular decisions for the good of the organization. 

3- Payton Manning endorsed him. You guys might think that's fluff, I look at a guy like Aaron Rogers who didn't endorse Mike McCarthy. 

4- He despises the media. 

5- I've wanted an offensive minded coach for a long time.

6- Because he's here I doubt very highly JD will ignore offense in future drafts. 

7- We've already seen more urgency in the offense with a hurry up, getting to the LOS quickly on 3rd & 1 for QB sneaks, the willingness to use the entire field & I think we'll see more when we get an Oline that can protect better. 

I think if Sam wasn't sick, and Mosely didn't get hurt the Jets would be 2-4 right now. I think the Browns, Pats, Eagles game films mean nothing in the big picture & can be thrown in the trash. 

Im not under some illusion all of the pcs are in place here, obviously they're not but I'm excited to see how this team looks for the rest of these 11 games with hopefully healthy players. All of us know Macc left no depth here so Gase gets the benefit of doubt if we can't field a complete offense. Sam has played all of 2 games in Gase system. So far he has the best QBR of any QB that has faced Buffalo & threw for over 300 yards & 2 TDs vs Dallas. I'm willing to let things play out. I saw a team busting its azz Sunday, clawing and scratching for a W. I have no idea how good Gase can be, but calling him to be fired 4 games in under the circumstances we were faced with was beyond stupid, regardless of preconceived notions you had of the guy. 

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

Because the offensive line is in shambles.

It amazes me how fans just state things like, we should have run the ball more. Have we had a run over 15 yards? Bell has a hard time getting out of backfield. Dallas has a top 10 front 7. 

Throwing was the right thing to do, Sam made a bad mistake & Crowder dropped a catchable ball that would have been a 1st & goal. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre argument is pointless.  Actuall mind numbingly dumb.  Who gives a f how they got the point.  you sound like someone who just doesn't understand the game and how 16-0 in the 4th should be a win.

The Bills defense held Tom Brady to 13 points, but yes Adam Gase, in his first game with the Jets, putting up 8 with a mono’d Sam Darnold, should be career-defining 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Bills defense held Tom Brady to 13 points, but yes Adam Gase holding Mono’d Sam to 8 was career-defining 

The Jets have drafted defense at the top of draft for over 10 years until they took Darnold, but couldn't stop Josh Allen from putting together 2 TD drives to win the game. But...let's blame Gase.

Let me know the next time Josh Allen puts 2 consecutive 80 yard drives together for TDs. So Jetsy. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jetster said:

It amazes me how fans just state things like, we should have run the ball more. Have we had a run over 15 yards? Bell has a hard time getting out of backfield. Dallas has a top 10 front 7. 

Throwing was the right thing to do, Sam made a bad mistake & Crowder dropped a catchable ball that would have been a 1st & goal. 

They’re the same fans who would have went ballistic if Gase tried to sit on the ball in the second half. It’s a ludicrous argument. They know what the offensive line is like. They know Bell hasn’t had an inch of daylight all year, but now they want to pretend we’ve got the ‘86 Redskins OL because it allows them to feels sad about Gase and lets them continue pining for Supermysteryothercoach that we *really* should have hired.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They’re the same fans who would have went ballistic if Gase tried to sit on the ball in the second half. It’s a ludicrous argument. They know what the offensive line is like. They know Bell hasn’t had an inch of daylight all year, but now they want to pretend we’ve got the ‘86 Redskins OL because it allows them to feels sad about Gase and lets them continue pining for Supermysteryothercoach that we *really* should have hired.

The juxtaposition between the 2 Olines Sunday should have opened their eyes to what Gase & Pollack have to work with. The Cowboys without both tackles ran Elliott up the middle at will in the 2nd half. 

Be a beautiful thing to see a Leo trade turn out to be a pick we could use to move up for Biadesz. While everyone's asking for us to draft 3 new Olineman, that could get Sam killed. Better off signing Scherff to a big contract, trying to trade for Trent Williams (should be good for 2/3 years) ala Whitworth in LA, hope that Andrew Thomas drops and groom him at RT until Williams is done & trade back up to grab Biadesz late in the 1st like Mangold. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I'm not going to continue this conversation with you.  Arguing that 8 points on offense is enough to win an NFL Football game in 2019 is legit and I'm not exaggerating when I say this, is the dumbest ******* thing I've ever heard anyone say in my entire life.   Legit, beyond moronic.  So dumb that it is making my brain hurt.  I know you're a last word guy, so have at it, continue this brilliant take but I'm done here.  I'm already dumb, I dont need you making it any worse.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

The Bills defense held Tom Brady to 13 points, but yes Adam Gase, in his first game with the Jets, putting up 8 with a mono’d Sam Darnold, should be career-defining 

Sam Darnold had nothing to do with JetNut's hot take of - 8 points is enough to win an NFL Football game.

But carry on with your bizarre creepy irrelevant tirades to defend Adam Gase, who again, wasnt part of this conversation.

33 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

i though tthey still had probowler(s) in the middle GCG positions as well...

They do, that was point I was making. Even without their starting tackles, their Guards & Center took care of business freeing up Zeke. Bell has yet to see the holes these guys were creating. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I'm not going to continue this conversation with you.  Arguing that 8 points on offense is enough to win an NFL Football game in 2019 is legit and I'm not exaggerating when I say this, is the dumbest ******* thing I've ever heard anyone say in my entire life.   Legit, beyond moronic.  So dumb that it is making my brain hurt.  I know you're a last word guy, so have at it, continue this brilliant take but I'm done here.  I'm already dumb, I dont need you making it any worse.

Score was 16-0 and your brain dead argument is that they were up only 810 because the defensive points don't count?  Are you this hell bent on not giving Gase credit on offense that your really trying to make the point that 16-0 lead pissed away in the 4th quarter is on the offense? 

I used to think you might know the game, turns out i was dead wrong.  

Only part you're right about in this disagreement is about being dumb, your brain should hurt trying to come up with an argument based around losing 16-0 lead in the 4th is on the offense.  The simplistic, if they scored 50 points we wouldn't have lost argument is ridiculous.  And you're right that there is no reason to continue this, no bad blood needed

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Some people just always will complain about play calling, not matter what.  Throw a lot, and they'll say run.  Run a lot, and they'll say throw more. Ad nauseum. That's by no means limited to Jets fans.

Combine that with Gase hate here, and you have a potent brew. FWIW, I thought the play calling was overly conservative in the first four games, but I do understand why that probably was so (ill Darnold, then, poof, you're on your third string QB behind a lousy OL). 

I'm still not anywhere near sold on Gase, but can we see how the whole season plays out before screaming for him to be fired or condemning him? 

What's far sillier to me, though, are the Joe Douglas haters. There's clearly a few who post here that have already passed judgement on him, too.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Sam Darnold had nothing to do with JetNut's hot take of - 8 points is enough to win an NFL Football game.

But carry on with your bizarre creepy irrelevant tirades to defend Adam Gase, who again, wasnt part of this conversation.

Cool cool cool Hey can you also clarify as to when Adam Gase, up by eight points, should have started calling time outs to stop the clock in a situation where, at best, the Cowboys would have tied the game? Because that was a savvy critique I haven’t seen mentioned elsewhere so I figured it was very high level genius stuff.

• Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Score was 16-0 and your brain dead argument is that they were up only 810 because the defensive points don't count?  Are you this hell bent on not giving Gase credit on offense that your really trying to make the point that 16-0 lead pissed away in the 4th quarter is on the offense? 

I used to think you might know the game, turns out i was dead wrong.  

Only part you're right about in this disagreement is about being dumb, your brain should hurt trying to come up with an argument based around losing 16-0 lead in the 4th is on the offense.  The simplistic, if they scored 50 points we wouldn't have lost argument is ridiculous.  And you're right that there is no reason to continue this, no bad blood needed

dumb and dumber click the image for a smaller version GIF

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Cool cool cool Hey can you also clarify as to when Adam Gase, up by eight points, should have started calling time outs to stop the clock in a situation where, at best, the Cowboys would have tied the game? Because that was a savvy critique I haven’t seen mentioned elsewhere so I figured it was very high level genius stuff.

You've gone mental dude.  Just put me on ignore.