When will Quinnen Williams get his first sack?

Beerfish

25 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Did anyone else see the graphic tb12 was getting the ball out in under a second on MNF in the first half 

Whether Williams is legit or not, the Pats gameplanned to take the Jets DL out of the game and they did exactly that 

also anyone who wants to say Williams was the wrong pick better have a name instead. Half of you bozos wanted Jonah Williams...  I don't think it's Josh Allen either. Sometimes the draft gives you what you need sometimes you take BAP. Mac was a moron but these picks weren't all that bad at the top of rd 1. It's the Hackenbergs and Polites (and the 3 seconds they traded for Darnold) that murder the roster

Trade down - recoup those picks we gave up for Darnold.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Did anyone else see the graphic tb12 was getting the ball out in under a second on MNF in the first half 
Whether Williams is legit or not, the Pats gameplanned to take the Jets DL out of the game and they did exactly that 
also anyone who wants to say Williams was the wrong pick better have a name instead. Half of you bozos wanted Jonah Williams...  I don't think it's Josh Allen either. Sometimes the draft gives you what you need sometimes you take BAP. Mac was a moron but these picks weren't all that bad at the top of rd 1. It's the Hackenbergs and Polites (and the 3 seconds they traded for Darnold) that murder the roster

I wanted Bosa, but Q was my second choice. Leave it to that F, John Lynch to screw the Jets again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Wanting an offensive tackle makes you a bozo? He got hurt in OTAs. 

because he's not an NFL left tackle and there was nothing from combine work outs or tape to suggest he was 

people pushed him up because of the tackle shortage. He's a RT probably 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

because he's not an NFL left tackle and there was nothing from combine work outs or tape to suggest he was 

We need an upgrade on every position on the line. A right tackle and more draft picks over another interior DL playing out of position. Even if he ended up playing guard, it would have been a better pick.

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The QW haters will defend drafting a noodle shoulder Guard who is not a Brick or Nelson level prospect 

But Quinnen Williams yeah he’s worse than Coples

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

and pick who? i want names

if the trade down is to 11 to take Jonah Williams it doesn't help 

You take any offensive player you can...

Are you suggesting there wasn't an offensive player worth taking at #11 - If I remember correctly there were a number of T, G and C taken between 10 and 20....a couple TE's too....

I would much rather have one of those - two 2's than a DT that can't even break into the starting line up.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

You take any offensive player you can...

Are you suggesting there wasn't an offensive player worth taking at #11 - If I remember correctly there were a number of T, G and C taken between 10 and 20....a couple TE's too....

I would much rather have one of those - two 2's than a DT that can't even break into the starting line up.

1. You need a trade partner

2. Jonah sucks and his shoulder is made of glass

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Because Jonah is MIA this year and will have a chronic shoulder problem rest of his mediocre ass career

Ladies and gentlemen this is what we missed out on for QW

I put you on my ignore list for a reason. I make the mistake of reading one of your posts to see if you are no longer an insufferable female feline. Once again, I am wrong. 

You assume that Jonah Williams would have torn his labrum had he been drafted by the Jets. Look up outcome bias. 

Back on ignore.

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

1. You need a trade partner

2. Jonah sucks and his shoulder is made of glass

There were trades made after the Jets - so there were opportunities there

Jonah wasn't the only one there - G, T, C, TE's....all in the range...

And don't talk to me about "reaching" no one's a lock...BPA is nice if you have a stacked roster - Jets needed to protect Sam or get him weapons.  They did neither.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Except for the FACT that he was their starting LT when he got hurt. Who needs facts when you can just make sh*t up.

• Upvote 1

As young as Q is and the fact he missed games with injury, I think he is doing great.  He is not going to make big time plays yet, but you want to see the flashes that show he can be great.

Ive seen the flashes.  Like I have said b4, hes a boy playing against men.  An offseason in an nfl strength and conditioning program and he will take off next year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I put you on my ignore list for a reason. I make the mistake of reading one of your posts to see if you are no longer an insufferable female feline. Once again, I am wrong. 

You assume that Jonah Williams would have torn his labrum had he been drafted by the Jets. Look up outcome bias. 

Back on ignore.

Wah! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

There were trades made after the Jets - so there were opportunities there

Jonah wasn't the only one there - G, T, C, TE's....all in the range...

And don't talk to me about "reaching" no one's a lock...BPA is nice if you have a stacked roster - Jets needed to protect Sam or get him weapons.  They did neither.

So who is the great offensive weapon you would have taken?

If you want to bitch about not trading Leo to try to get a 2nd that we could have drafted DK with I’m with you there but other than Marquise Brown I don’t see any great offensive players in the first round we missed out on

38 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

As young as Q is and the fact he missed games with injury, I think he is doing great.  He is not going to make big time plays yet, but you want to see the flashes that show he can be great.

Ive seen the flashes.  Like I have said b4, hes a boy playing against men.  An offseason in an nfl strength and conditioning program and he will take off next year.

The Quinnen bashing is ludicrous.  Yeah it’s his fault Sam threw 5 picks that gave the pats the ball at the Jets 20

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

So who is the great offensive weapon you would have taken?

If you want to bitch about not trading Leo to try to get a 2nd that we could have drafted DK with I’m with you there but other than Marquise Brown I don’t see any great offensive players in the first round we missed out on

Any offensive weapon is better than another run stopping DT.  We'll end up with an average-to-above average interior defensive player - fine, good for the Jets.  But...

I would happily have taken an average to above average - just about anything else.

I really don't want to go back and forth about this - just my opinion that the least impactful position on the field, the most easily found position in FA and the draft...is not what you take at #3 overall..

And certainly not, what feels like, every year.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Any offensive weapon is better than another run stopping DT.  We'll end up with an average-to-above average interior defensive player - fine, good for the Jets.  But...

I would happily have taken an average to above average - just about anything else.

I really don't want to go back and forth about this - just my opinion that the least impactful position on the field, the most easily found position in FA and the draft...is not what you take at #3 overall..

And certainly not, what feels like, every year.

Way to answer the question 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Wait a minute you’re saying that people who post here can only name two defensive players in the league? Dude.

Well, perhaps but

I was saying the Quinnen hatred Cult can’t really make an argument for not drafting Quinnen:

Allen - been ok, only other real option, I’d argue Quinnen has been about as good

Oliver - same thing as Quinnen just on a better team with better coaches 

Jonah - lol

Just now, Philc1 said:

Well, perhaps but

I was saying the Quinnen hatred Cult can’t really make a great argument for not drafting Quinnen:

Allen - been ok, only other real option, I’d argue Quinnen has been about as good

Oliver - same thing as Quinnen just on a better team with better coaches 

Jonah - lol

There’s plenty of good arguments, whether you agree or not is your prerogative. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/22/2019 at 6:56 AM, BCJet said:

What a preposterous thread.  Here is the pff write up on Quinnen from last night. 

Both Quinnen Williams and Leonard Williams were exceptional all night long defending the run, often tossing New England offensive linemen around like ragdolls. The former looked just like he did back in his Alabama days, operating as an unblockable wrecking ball of destruction on the interior of the defensive line.

If we had an outside rusher that any team cared about game planning for. Both Wiilliams' would have 10-15 sacks a year..   Every team knows to double team them and not worry about an outside rush cause we ave none.

15 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If the arguments are so good why do I keep hearing some generic “anyone” when I ask for the identity of what the better alternative to Quinnen was

Because that's the point.

ANYONE would have been better.  I'm certainly not a scout, I imagine you're not either. 

Why does it matter who I would have picked? I can go pull up a list of the next 10 offensive players in the draft...will that make you feel better?  Then you'll sh-t all over the 10 guys I named, as if you know more than I do.  You don't.  I certainly don't more than you either.

Hitting on a player is a crap shoot - what you can control 100% of the time is the position of the player you're drafting.

I don't dislike QW as a player I dislike the pick because of the position he plays and the needs of the team.  If he's anything short of a perennial all pro then it was an awful draft pick.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1