When will Quinnen Williams get his first sack?

Beerfish

8 minutes ago, BCJet said:

What a preposterous thread.  Here is the pff write up on Quinnen from last night. 

Both Quinnen Williams and Leonard Williams were exceptional all night long defending the run, often tossing New England offensive linemen around like ragdolls. The former looked just like he did back in his Alabama days, operating as an unblockable wrecking ball of destruction on the interior of the defensive line.

What you fail to understand is that people around here would rather the Jets get creased up the middle by a RB who gets 200 yards as long as Quinnen Williams gets 2 sacks.  You know.....statz!  It's not about playing good.  It's about numbers. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 2

To my eyes, Quinnen has played well whenever he is in there. Trouble is, he's not in there enough.

McLendon has been playing very well on the nose in early downs, and the Jets seem to be using Quinnen more as a designated interior rusher on passing downs.

He has done well, but I would like to see him on the field more often.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

What you fail to understand is that people around here would rather the Jets get creased up the middle by a RB who gets 200 yards as long as Quinnen Williams gets 2 sacks.  You know.....statz!  It's not about playing good.  It's about numbers. 

Yes.  in a passing league you get your  2 sacks and you are probably going to win.

You win by stopping the pass not the run and  the teams that rush for 200 yards do it because they have the lead due to the pass.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

To my eyes, Quinnen has played well whenever he is in there. Trouble is, he's not in there enough.

McLendon has been playing very well on the nose in early downs, and the Jets seem to be using Quinnen more as a designated interior rusher on passing downs.

I actually agree, but the issue is once again positional value.  If you pick a guy 3rd overall he has to do more than be a good run stopper and get the odd pressure.  He has to be a clear difference maker who gets you the ball back.

None of our good defensive players do that.

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, BCJet said:

What a preposterous thread.  Here is the pff write up on Quinnen from last night. 

Both Quinnen Williams and Leonard Williams were exceptional all night long defending the run, often tossing New England offensive linemen around like ragdolls. The former looked just like he did back in his Alabama days, operating as an unblockable wrecking ball of destruction on the interior of the defensive line.

Exceptional against the run? Did we not give up 3 running TDS to Sony Michel?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I agree but this is a staple of Greg Williams and not an indictment of Quinnen at all. 

Williams loves to stagger his DLine and while great in theory he needs his best players on the field more. 

18 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

We have a glut at DE and Mac wasn’t smart enough to trade Leo for a future pick after drafting QW

• Upvote 3

qwilliams has been making good plays in every game he's played so far.  he was injured after all.  we all want the player drafted no. 3 to be a monster out of the box but it isn't always the case. i can see lots of negativity being thrown qwilliams way when his only sin is to be drafted so highly.  mac is gone so let's worry about what douglas does in the draft.  and if there is anything good from last night it's that the jets are most likely out of the playoff hunt and will be drafting top 10.  that should get them some good players in rounds 1-3.

Don't worry guys, he gets a ton of pressures. And we all know that's just as good as sacks.  60% of the members here agree with that sarcastic and idiotic statement I just made. 

Oh here's a new one that's getting told now. "It takes time for a rookie to adjust to the NFL, he'll be fine". I was told this was a generational talent and he had to be picked at #3. I was also told that D.K. Metcalf would be a terrible NFL WR bc his 3 cone drill was slow. Idiots

• Upvote 4