Jump to content
Beerfish

When will Quinnen Williams get his first sack?

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

As in what year?

Draft a DT 3rd overall and he isn't good enough to start over a street free agent in Phillips last night.

BPA

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

As in what year?

Draft a DT 3rd overall and he isn't good enough to start over a street free agent in Phillips last night.

The guy is a sack...a sack of sh*t.

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We should have drafted Josh Allen the edge rusher. 

Glad you clarified which Josh Allen.  B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We should have drafted Josh Allen the edge rusher. 

Gonna be depressing watching him live in our backfield this next game.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BCJet said:

What a preposterous thread.  Here is the pff write up on Quinnen from last night. 

Both Quinnen Williams and Leonard Williams were exceptional all night long defending the run, often tossing New England offensive linemen around like ragdolls. The former looked just like he did back in his Alabama days, operating as an unblockable wrecking ball of destruction on the interior of the defensive line.

 

What you fail to understand is that people around here would rather the Jets get creased up the middle by a RB who gets 200 yards as long as Quinnen Williams gets 2 sacks.  You know.....statz!  It's not about playing good.  It's about numbers. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

What you fail to understand is that people around here would rather the Jets get creased up the middle by a RB who gets 200 yards as long as Quinnen Williams gets 2 sacks.  You know.....statz!  It's not about playing good.  It's about numbers. 

Yes.  in a passing league you get your  2 sacks and you are probably going to win.

You win by stopping the pass not the run and  the teams that rush for 200 yards do it because they have the lead due to the pass.

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

To my eyes, Quinnen has played well whenever he is in there. Trouble is, he's not in there enough.

McLendon has been playing very well on the nose in early downs, and the Jets seem to be using Quinnen more as a designated interior rusher on passing downs.

He has done well, but I would like to see him on the field more often.

I actually agree, but the issue is once again positional value.  If you pick a guy 3rd overall he has to do more than be a good run stopper and get the odd pressure.  He has to be a clear difference maker who gets you the ball back.

None of our good defensive players do that.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BCJet said:

What a preposterous thread.  Here is the pff write up on Quinnen from last night. 

Both Quinnen Williams and Leonard Williams were exceptional all night long defending the run, often tossing New England offensive linemen around like ragdolls. The former looked just like he did back in his Alabama days, operating as an unblockable wrecking ball of destruction on the interior of the defensive line.

 

Exceptional against the run? Did we not give up 3 running TDS to Sony Michel?

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

To my eyes, Quinnen has played well whenever he is in there. Trouble is, he's not in there enough.

McLendon has been playing very well on the nose in early downs, and the Jets seem to be using Quinnen more as a designated interior rusher on passing downs.

He has done well, but I would like to see him on the field more often.

I agree but this is a staple of Greg Williams and not an indictment of Quinnen at all. 

Williams loves to stagger his DLine and while great in theory he needs his best players on the field more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Exceptional against the run? Did we not give up 3 running TDS to Sony Michel?

I’m guessing the pro football focus grade is based on what Quinnen does as opposed to what he and the other ten guys do.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both williams' played well last night. They didn't get sack numbers or pad statistics that are tracked but they kept good pressure on Brady the whole night.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QW knocked down a pass from Brady last night on 3rd down and had at least one pressure on Brady I saw

 

 

but yeah all I did was watch the games 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MS jets Fan said:

The answer to the thread is when he gets it! Got it?


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Better question: what year will Jonah Williams finally play an NFL snap?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We should have drafted Josh Allen the edge rusher. 

I liked Allen too but he’s been just okay so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

To my eyes, Quinnen has played well whenever he is in there. Trouble is, he's not in there enough.

McLendon has been playing very well on the nose in early downs, and the Jets seem to be using Quinnen more as a designated interior rusher on passing downs.

He has done well, but I would like to see him on the field more often.

We have a glut at DE and Mac wasn’t smart enough to trade Leo for a future pick after drafting QW

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

qwilliams has been making good plays in every game he's played so far.  he was injured after all.  we all want the player drafted no. 3 to be a monster out of the box but it isn't always the case. i can see lots of negativity being thrown qwilliams way when his only sin is to be drafted so highly.  mac is gone so let's worry about what douglas does in the draft.  and if there is anything good from last night it's that the jets are most likely out of the playoff hunt and will be drafting top 10.  that should get them some good players in rounds 1-3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Quinnen flashed a bunch last night.  After an offseason of an nfl strength and conditioning program, williams will be much better next year.

Right now he is a boy playing against men.  And he is still flashing out there.  It is encouraging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't worry guys, he gets a ton of pressures. And we all know that's just as good as sacks.  60% of the members here agree with that sarcastic and idiotic statement I just made. 

Oh here's a new one that's getting told now. "It takes time for a rookie to adjust to the NFL, he'll be fine". I was told this was a generational talent and he had to be picked at #3. I was also told that D.K. Metcalf would be a terrible NFL WR bc his 3 cone drill was slow. Idiots

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

QW knocked down a pass from Brady last night on 3rd down and had at least one pressure on Brady I saw

 

 

but yeah all I did was watch the games 

I thought I saw him stuff a run too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...