Thursday Night Football

FTR, I was the Jets in the 2017 JN mock draft and I took Dalvin Cook at #6, over a safety.... 

Not only did the Jets disagree with me, they doubled down with - "Fck you paradis, we're take yet ANOTHER safety in the 2nd before your boy Cook" 

Clearly, the egg is now on my face. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Obrien2Toon said:

Watching Cook hurts 

I wasn’t sold on Mahomes that much, so that one doesn’t bother me but I couldn’t believe how lucky we were for Cook to fall to us, only to take a second consecutive safety 

A lot of the board wanted him especially at that point. Unfortunately on this current team he wouldn’t be any better then Bell. 

3 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Watching Cook hurts 

I wasn’t sold on Mahomes that much, so that one doesn’t bother me but I couldn’t believe how lucky we were for Cook to fall to us, only to take a second consecutive safety 

He was one of the guys I wanted us to draft, but what would he really be doing behind this OL? 

We have Bell and he can barely do anything. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

A lot of the board wanted him especially at that point. Unfortunately on this current team he wouldn’t be any better then Bell. 

The thing is if you draft well you end up paying your good players and do not endlessly have to over pay lousy players in FA.

So we take cook we do not take maye, we do not sign bell for tons of money and we pick up some value safety on the cheap. 

10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

FTR, I was the Jets in the 2017 JN mock draft and I took Dalvin Cook at #6, over a safety.... 

Not only did the Jets disagree with me, they doubled by saying - "Fck you paradis, we're take yet ANOTHER safety in the 2nd before your boy Cook" 

Clearly, the egg is now on my face. 

You are better then mac and puppet joe.  Id hire u today for the job.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

The thing is if you draft well you end up paying your good players and do not endlessly have to over pay lousy players in FA.

So we take cook we do not take maye, we do not sign bell for tons of money and we pick up some value safety on the cheap. 

Too much thinking for a Thursday night but yes I get what you’re saying. The butterfly effect 

6 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He was one of the guys I wanted us to draft, but what would he really be doing behind this OL? 

We have Bell and he can barely do anything. 

Agreed, but in this alternate reality, we didn’t sign Bell and spent the money on the Oline 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You are better then mac and puppet joe.  Id hire u today for the job.

I wish there was a way/competition/event where a couple of a draft-nerds could be on "Stage B" throughout the draft, making their picks -- then have that reviewed a year or two later.... I really don't think these GMs are as good as we assume. I think paralysis by analysis, and war room politics play a big part. They don't see the forest through the trees, and tunnel vision takes over. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1