New York Jets - Sack Artists

BettyBoop

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

There will always be a guy "who should have been taken" before any player.  Is it hard to get excited about Sam Darnold because Quenton Nelson is a Pro Bowler?  Do you dislike Jordan Jenkins because Tyreek Hill was taken a round later? 

Yes.  Because the Jets suck because of decisions like these.  Am I supposed to be excited about a 3-7 record?

I don't give two sh*ts about individual accomplishments that don't move the needle in the W/L column.  Jamal Adams is a me-first player, and anyone that supports that numbskull at this point deserves what they get from the Jets.  

51 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

by teams with marginal upside rookie QBs on really really bad teams....

i've already said that i wouldnt bet this game...  some traditional thjings are going against raiders,

cross country early game, classic look past opponent game...    but WHO WE REALLY ARE...

i fear no QB pressure returns...  while we hang with them mostly when its our D vs their O

and our OL gets gradually dominated and pehaps turnovers return for Sam. hope i am wrong man.

Well we will see. I will say this though. I noticed almost an immediate change once Blessaun came in, so hopefully he continues to be part of the secret sauce.

4 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Looking at the matchup/prediction on ESPN... raiders insider says... 

"Bold prediction: The Raiders will not allow a sack by Jets safety Jamal Adams, who is coming off a three-sack game and has six on the season. "If you don't account for that guy," Raiders quarterback Derek Carr said, "he can ruin a football game." -- Paul Gutierrez"

what would you place the odds at , as a betting prop??  Curious.

Well he’s on track for ~8 sacks through a 16-game season, putting the odds of a sack in an individual game at 2-1.

He’s on fire right now so I like the odds of him making a big play (sack or turnover) this week at home. 

24 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

He’s on fire right now so I like the odds of him making a big play (sack or turnover) this week at home. 

this isnt a suggestion that you and me bet...  but you'd bet even money that he gets a sack?

my point is that he's played FAR MORE games where he doesnt get any...  

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

If he doesn't get a sack then the Raiders are overly focused on him and I think others on the Jets we eat some lunch....maybe Jenkins, Anderson, perhaps QW.

What's being done right now by Gregg Williams with an exceptionally talented, multi-dimensional defender like Adams on an otherwise bad defense is incredible.  I know the Hyperbole Police come out when someone tries to compare Adams to Ed Reed or cites that Jamal has more sacks than Khalil Mack, but so what.  I'll take it a step further....Jamal is being moved around and used in so many different ways that it reminds me of what Belichick was doing with Lawrence Taylor in the early 80's before opponents caught on.  LT was such a dynamic, unstoppable force as a blitzing LB that offenses, particularly Bill Walsh's 49ers, had to innovate and change blocking schemes, leave tailbacks in to block, turn tailbacks into pass-catchers to force the OLB to hesitate on a pass rush, etc.  No, Jamal Adams isn't LT, but there is no place on the field that Jamal Adams doesn't come from....the deep Safety spot creeping up, lining up at the LOS outside and sliding over to blitz up the middle on Dak's 2-point conversion attempt, jumping over the offensive line to grab Daniel Jones from behind, and of course outside blitzes.  This has been fun to watch and I'm really curious as to whether Oakland stays base against him or truly gameplans to try to neutralize him.

One last thought on the Raiders O vs the Jets D - I think the game comes down to the following 4 people.  How successful are TE Darren Waller and RB Josh Jacobs in comparison to S Jamal Adams and DT Quinnen Williams?

Raiders are going to play there two Te Sets  Waller+ Moreau  With their Fb Alec Ingold + Rb Josh Jacobs with Tyrell Williams as the lone Wr. ( they played that a lot) 

They can bring in another Te D Carrier in the backfield occasionally with J Jacobs . ( three Te formations) Was very successful in Green Bay. 

I don’t think Jamal Adams going to be successful for the fact Jacobs and Ingold / Carrier all are excellent blockers, and Carr gets rid of the ball very fast.( Gruden will design plays to take advantage of J Adams aggressiveness.

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

If he doesn't get a sack then the Raiders are overly focused on him and I think others on the Jets we eat some lunch....maybe Jenkins, Anderson, perhaps QW.

Yeah cuz our DL has been sitting at the buffet table all year long when Adam doesn’t get a sack, which is first seven weeks of the season 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Raiders are going to play there two Te Sets  Waller+ Moreau  With their Fb Alec Ingold + Rb Josh Jacobs with Tyrell Williams as the lone Wr. ( they played that a lot) 

They can bring in another Te D Carrier in the backfield occasionally with J Jacobs . ( three Te formations) Was very successful in Green Bay. 

I don’t think Jamal Adams going to be successful for the fact Jacobs and Ingold / Carrier all are excellent blockers, and Carr gets rid of the ball very fast.( Gruden will design plays to take advantage of J Adams aggressiveness.

I guess we’ll be blitzing the kitchen sink too then. 

22 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Maybe if it happened more often, and perhaps against a good team, we'd give him more credit.  As is stands its real hard to get excited about Jamal being a "game changer" for a 3-7 team while Deshaun Watson is an MVP candidate.  

He has 11.5 career sacks, 6 FF's, 4 FR's, 2 INT and 2 career TD's.  You make it seem like he does amazing stuff every week.  Even if you take all those "impact numbers", that's about once every other game where he's doing something impactful....but you fanboys forget there's a tradeoff:  He's constantly a step slow in coverage, and his free-lancing at the LOS puts the pass D at risk overall (hence why we're well below average in pass coverage as a unit).  

He's not a transcendent talent.  He's a good linebacker who sometimes covers people.  The mental gymnastics are coming from you guys on this one.  

when a player has to make up for the lack of a certain facet in the game (sacks) that the Jets are really poor in, Jamal happens to be the type of player that Williams puts in a  position to do those things.  If he's a the sack leader , so be it. 

But to say that he's one step behind in coverage? LOL, maybe if you want to nit pick certain plays that perhaps Mayes should have been partaking in , or broken cover schemes , it can't  be all on him.

Amazing stuff is that you make it sound like it's his fault the Jets are 3-7.