My thoughts

9 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Always glad to hear your thoughts, Dom, but it breaks my heart to see you become a My Thoughts Guy

In response to dbatesman

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

dtfb.thumb.jpg.c556217fd25d1221c95870870da775d2.jpg

I was going to say that I titled it thinking of Jack Handy. 

I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.  Not screaming in terror, like his passengers.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

In response to dbatesman

I was going to say that I titled it thinking of Jack Handy. 

I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.  Not screaming in terror, like his passengers.

Sometimes, when it's raining, a cute thing I tell my kid is that those are God's tears.

Then when my kid asks why God is crying I say, "probably because of something you did."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

I will take these threads any day over another Jamal Adams thread haha. Especially from someone that doesn't constantly start threads. 

I think we are seeing the team we saw a little bit in preseason and the team we thought we would get earlier in the season, but better late than never. I give Adam Gase some credit. This season got ugly fast and this team stayed together. The players always talk about how hard they practice every week and that's something the last few regimes didn't really seem to do. After losses, Gase always said they "had a good week of practice" so I was waiting for that to actually show up on Sundays. They've been preaching one week at a time for a while and I am actually doing that as a fan--one week at a time. They beat the Raiders--cool--now beat the Bengals. 

I think this is a different team without Gregg Williams. I am starting to worry a little that he will go and the defense will not be as good next year. The other thing that I've noticed is Gase does not seem clueless about the defense. I know it is GW's defense, but Gase can talk about every player, and also the gamelans, etc. That's nice to see rather than completely clueless HCs that only care about one side of the ball. He acts like a HC. Still though, we need to keep GW and keep all of this momentum going into next year.

Collectively, I think we felt pretty good about this year if we could have stayed healthy, but it didn't go that way. So, if we add some more pieces, while also building our depth, we can be a dangerous team. 

• Upvote 3

Another nice thing is that they seemed to score at will until they took their foot off the gas after the TD to open the 3rd.  I know people squawk about Dallas being one good half, but c'mon.  The Raiders quit - all due respect to Villain, but putting Glennon in was as much as waving the white flag.  I wondered why they elected to kick off, when they have been scoring off their script to start the game, so it was nice to score the TD to start the 3rd. 

• Upvote 1

Another point to note:  Arthur Maulet has played more than 90% of the snaps in each game of the 3 game win streak.  Prior to that he had been cut and added to the practice squad for a bit and had never played more than 3 snaps on D in the single game with the Jets.  He is a 5'9" CB with a 4.6+ 40 time.  He had 3 TFL.  Maybe he is good, or maybe he is good underneath and they are letting "the best safety duo in the league" and a supposedly fast/solid man guy in Blessaun Austin cover for his failures.  Either way, it seems to be working.  Might be an even bigger surprise than Austin.

the talking heads made a big deal about the jets oline and put up a graphic about the starters on day 1 versus now.  somehow they seem to leave the defense out of this.  there are maybe 3 linemen, 2 linebackers and the safeties who have been available for all of the games so far.  they've had a revolving door at cb and lb.  it's all about the players playing their positions the way the coach tells them to.

4 hours ago, Drums said:

I will take these threads any day over another Jamal Adams thread haha. Especially from someone that doesn't constantly start threads. 

I think we are seeing the team we saw a little bit in preseason and the team we thought we would get earlier in the season, but better late than never. I give Adam Gase some credit. This season got ugly fast and this team stayed together. The players always talk about how hard they practice every week and that's something the last few regimes didn't really seem to do. After losses, Gase always said they "had a good week of practice" so I was waiting for that to actually show up on Sundays. They've been preaching one week at a time for a while and I am actually doing that as a fan--one week at a time. They beat the Raiders--cool--now beat the Bengals. 

I think this is a different team without Gregg Williams. I am starting to worry a little that he will go and the defense will not be as good next year. The other thing that I've noticed is Gase does not seem clueless about the defense. I know it is GW's defense, but Gase can talk about every player, and also the gamelans, etc. That's nice to see rather than completely clueless HCs that only care about one side of the ball. He acts like a HC. Still though, we need to keep GW and keep all of this momentum going into next year.

Collectively, I think we felt pretty good about this year if we could have stayed healthy, but it didn't go that way. So, if we add some more pieces, while also building our depth, we can be a dangerous team. 

Well said.  I agree with all of your points. The injuries this season were/are insane. People forget that Avery Williamson was even on the team at this point, but we lost two high profile MLB's who were supposed to be the heart and soul of our defense.  Then their replacements went down. Gregg Williams has done an amazing job and no matter who goes down the "next man up" philosophy really seems to be accurate. They don't miss that much of a beat and actually improve. I hope he is tired of switching teams and just wants to try to create and maintain a legacy defense. 

Now on to the damned Bengals. As odd as it is to say this year, this could actually be a trap game. They better come out and dominate those bums!

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Darnold has looked pretty awesome.  He threw one ball that could have been picked, but otherwise, he is doing everything we could ask. 

Not to be too nitpicky, but I'm curious about which pass you're talking about here. It seemed to me like his first clean game of the season in terms of not throwing any picks or near picks.

1 minute ago, BroadwayRay said:

Not to be too nitpicky, but I'm curious about which pass you're talking about here. It seemed to me like his first clean game of the season in terms of not throwing any picks or near picks.

Why wouldn't you be nitpicky?  The point was nitpicky.  I watched at home.  The game was pretty much out of reach, going left to right and thrown towards the top (offense's right) of the screen into a jumble, with two or three Raiders looked like they could get their hands on the ball. 

Nothing horrible, but it seemed risky at the time, and my general point is that a few of these plays go a different way and the result is way different.  Same with the officiating.  I think they try to even things out, but it is impossible and just gets in the way of the game.  

Couldn't have happened to a nicer team.  That spray tanned muppet and Ritchie Incognito?  **** them.