Greenbean on how Jets fans view Sam Darnold

Maxman

On 12/12/2019 at 2:38 PM, nico002 said:

Darnold can make mistakes and has made mistakes and will continue to make mistakes. I just don’t care right now. The kid is working a miracle behind the worst offensive line I’ve ever seen. He’s demonstrated an incredible ability to learn and improve. From fixing his college fumbling issue, to tightening his release, to throwing the ball away more often. He is a baby, he will get to the elite level. He’s already has multiple long game stretches of elite play. Did you know that 43% of Darnolds career INTs have come in 3 games? My issue is that every mistake is magnified to an absurd level. Take the Miami game... a good game by Sam that is talked about as some disaster because he threw an ugly pick. I also don’t think there are “factions”... 90% of people here are on the right side, there are just 10 or so very loud trolls that like to stir things up. 

You left out that every pass he completes, and this year he completes 60% of them, has to be in a window the size of a thimble, same as last year....receivers get zero separation.

The picks being concentrated in a very small number of games tells the tale of his putrid team being totally totally overmatched in those games and he thinking he has to win them all by himself.

On 12/12/2019 at 11:19 AM, Patriot Killa said:

His overall stats just don’t look good but I see so much hope and promise when I sit down and watch an actual game.

I see some really good plays and I see some really bad plays. The question is will the really bad plays start to diminish ? Because if he keeps making the same dumb mistakes at the rate hes making them now what does it matter. Great QB's threaten you on every drive we've seen Manning do it we've seen Brees do it Rodgers, Brady, Wilson, Big Rapist, now Mahomes and Jackson ...Does anyone fear Darnold ?

10 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I see some really good plays and I see some really bad plays. The question is will the really bad plays start to diminish ? Because if he keeps making the same dumb mistakes at the rate hes making them now what does it matter. Great QB's threaten you on every drive we've seen Manning do it we've seen Brees do it Rodgers, Brady, Wilson, Big Rapist, now Mahomes and Jackson ...Does anyone fear Darnold ?

Hate to say it, but right now in addition to Jackson, I would fear facing  both Mayfield and Allen more than Sam. But this is not all on Sam. Those teams all have way more good pieces than do the Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, Maxman said:

What is it going to take to get the Jets over the mountain? Greenbeans is back!

I'll just say it first to try and avoid the onslaught. WTF with that camera work Bean????  Figure it out man!   ? 

I promise this won't happen again in the future guys. First day with a new gimbal and I'm showing my age. lol 

• Upvote 1

On 12/12/2019 at 4:35 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

I realize that not everyone is big on data, however it's worth noting that when hope and promise do not translate into any sort of data, that's bad.

Sam darnold is not the gye for

On 12/14/2019 at 4:12 PM, Losmeister said:

Just came across this. Worth a look, imho.

Chris Trapasso @ CBS sports.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/grading-nfls-next-generation-of-quarterbacks-drew-lock-shines-on-the-road-lamar-jackson-does-enough-in-win/

He does an analysis of the young QBs on a game by game basis.

Good throw section/Bad throw section/Summary/Grade

darnold isint the gye for the job with Adam gase

[mention=9819]GREENBEAN[/mention]    called the lev bell 30 touches almost exactly.
is there a causal relation to the outcome? dont care. great prediction.

Right. It was a bit off as I wanted 20/10 but it’s still pretty good. Haha

I thought he’d a few more yds too but we still won so I won’t nit pick

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

There is a huge problem if you are using stats from the 60s to lift up your underachieving franchise QB.

This is 2019 ... Where the league is made for passing.

I'd prefer to compare him to Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Tony Romo, Phillip Rivers, Big Ben, Kurt Warner, Peyton Manning ... Pre Vikings Kirk Cousins even

Basically comparing our Franchise QB to other more current Franchise QBs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

On 12/24/2019 at 4:29 AM, Dunnie said:

There is a huge problem if you are using stats from the 60s to lift up your underachieving franchise QB.

This is 2019 ... Where the league is made for passing.

I'd prefer to compare him to Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Tony Romo, Phillip Rivers, Big Ben, Kurt Warner, Peyton Manning ... Pre Vikings Kirk Cousins even

Basically comparing our Franchise QB to other more current Franchise QBs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

hmmmm interesting take.

It's not so much a comparison to try and elevate him to elite status as it is to try and offer perspective. This vid was addressing the negative commentary concerning his performance in a single game. Taken out of context it may not be as relevant. 

It's not an attempt to prop anyone anywhere. Just a few tid bits on how Jets fans in particular seem to forget just how grim it has been for us over the years and why we might want to apply a smidgeon of patience to this situation with our young QB. Nothing more. 

3 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

apply a smidgeon of patience to this situation

25 games is a healthy sample.

QBR of ~45.

career pine-rider McCown had a QBR of 60 in 2017 with a 29th ranked OL.

Am rooting for him.

Last few weeks with 11td/2int is a significant trend which I appreciate.

25 games is a healthy sample.
QBR of ~45.
career pine-rider McCown had a QBR of 60 in 2017 with a 29th ranked OL.
Am rooting for him.
Last few weeks with 11td/2int is a significant trend which I appreciate.

Remember. I was simply talking about one game and using that to play with for a little perspective. It wasn’t some proclamation of anything really. Just a bit of fun.

That said I really don’t think 25 games is that large of a sample size when you add many of the circumstantial aspects of said sample.
We don’t like to take circumstances into account when we wanna dislike something/someone. They are seen as excuses but facts are facts. $hit happens.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app