Jets finish 6-2

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Steelers were playing with their 3rd string QB.  The cowboys were an inconsistent mess with an also bad HC. 

The cowboys were not an inconsistent team at the time.  They were the team most thought were going to crush the Jets.  Who could injure Sam etc. Back then. Steelers?  They were the example, the team playing backup QBs and were still able to win.  

Lets rewrite history now 

• Upvote 1

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Firing a guy after one year after a 7-9 season where sam did better and changing the whole system on sam again literally makes zero sense

He may not work out.  May eventually get fired. 

This isn’t the year, 7-9 with all that happened to fire anyone.  

Gase deserves another year.  Don’t love his play calling though.  Seemed like I could correctly predict run and pass..far too often.  

offensive line should be a priority...and wide receiver.  I want Bell back.

but why does it seem lithe Jets suffer more injuries than other teams?  I’m sure there’s a stat that quantifies injuries...factoring in injuries to “key” players.  I wonder where the Jets rank..over recent years?  Maybe I’m wrong..as there are so many injuries all over the league.

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Has what to do with the conversation?

His original post was about we finished 6 and 2 so Gase shouldn't be fired..

He won't be fired but he should be..Perfect example of why was our NE game. Completely out coached and the offense could only muster 86 yards passing. sh*tty Dolphins and Fitzmagic over 300 yards passing. 

7 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

His original post was about we finished 6 and 2 so Gase shouldn't be fired..

He won't be fired but he should be..Perfect example of why was our NE game. Completely out coached and the offense could only muster 86 yards passing. sh*tty Dolphins and Fitzmagic over 300 yards passing. 

Comparing what we did and they did yesterday is meaningless.  All things aren’t the same.  6-2, 7-9 overall this season, this roster on the field gets no one fired after one season

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

The cowboys were not an inconsistent team at the time.  They were the team most thought were going to crush the Jets.  Who could injure Sam etc. Back then. Steelers?  They were the example, the team playing backup QBs and were still able to win.  

Lets rewrite history now 

Fair point.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Firing a guy after one year after a 7-9 season where sam did better and changing the whole system on sam again literally makes zero sense

I agree. I was not (and am still not) sold on Gase as the answer, but with the lack of talent, injuries, the record, and the fact that the team never quit gives him another year in my book. My biggest concern is his inability (or unwillingness) to adjust his game plan for his people and oppositions - lets hope he can move past his stubbornness.

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Steelers were playing with their 3rd string QB.  The cowboys were an inconsistent mess with an also bad HC. 

Did you see who the Jets were playing with?   Not sure who wants to perform the exercise but lining up the 22 offensive and defensive starters for the Jets vs. the Cowboys and then the Steelers might be quite revealing when we see that about 5-7 guys on the Jets might be the better starters.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Comparing what we did and they did yesterday is meaningless.  All things aren’t the same.  6-2, 7-9 overall this season, this roster on the field gets no one fired after one season

And pretty much every sub par team has followed that rule and stayed sub par for a long time. 

Hire slow, fire fast is a model used in successful companies. 

FWIW.... I wouldn’t fire Gase. in fact, I believe  MAC was the problem.