I don’t get this criticism of Gase

25 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Of all those players Darnold is ranked in the Mid 20s and Crowder and Anderson were in the high 30s

Wesco and Brown were in the 40s to 60s

Bell was ranked in the teens

yes Ive played and done well in fantasy football

if those were your week in week out starters your team sucked

Nobody had a whole team of Jet players. That isn't  what i said

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Do we then consider Ryan Griffin and  Crowder as players who flourished under Gase or are they just lucky flukes as well.

Crowder was solid most of his years in Washington. His play here was the same as those yrs, except for injury yrs.  Griffin was ok here.  Facts are facts. Thos dolphins were awful under Gase and played very well the moment they were rid of him. Just too many to be coincidence. Frankly, Gase's offensive scheme this season was flat out bad. 

6 hours ago, kmnj said:

anybody that thinks parker is not a stud wr should find another hobby-dude made some incredible catches this season and he had great games against some of the leagues top corners -he is WAY BETTER than Robby or Crowder and it is NOT EVEN CLOSE

Yup.  Yet he didn't/couldn't do sh1t under Gase. Yes we should all believe in Gase's offense because........ ????  Oh.. peyton manning, I forgot.  An aged Peyton Manning is ALL Gase has to go on. Pathetic 

5 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

This reminds me of the Pennington years....  10-6, 9-7 but we all knew it was a fake shallow type of winning season.  We never really had a chance with Penny.  We now have Sam, who if handled right has the look of a SB winner.  13-6, 16-10, lack of second half play all tell us we need more from Sam ad the coaches.

Exactly. 100%

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Crowder was solid most of his years in Washington. His play here was the same as those yrs, except for injury yrs.  Griffin was ok here.  Facts are facts. Thos dolphins were awful under Gase and played very well the moment they were rid of him. Just too many to be coincidence. Frankly, Gase's offensive scheme this season was flat out bad. 

Sam missed multiple games and the Oline was a sieve - what did we really expect.

7 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

No, this is what makes Gase Bad:

The Jets offense is ranked DEAD LAST in the NFL.

Fewest Yards from scrimmage. 

Second fewest points scored (Redskins). 

The Pittsburgh Steelers, Miami Dolphins, and Cincinnati Bengals all had statistically better years offensively than  the New York Jets. 

The Steelers outranked them with third and fourth string QB's. 

The Dolphins and Bengals beat them outright. 

Of the teams we beat this year NOT ONE had a winning record. 

Two had no wins until we played them. 

One will end the season with one of only two wins being against the Jets. 

The only successful squad, and the only reason this team was even moderately successful, was the defensive side of the ball. 

The defense, decimated by injuries, wound up ranked 7th overall and 2nd against the run. 

Gase had absolutely nothing to do with Greg William's defense. 

His 22 year old QB had to intervene and tell him to stop the nonsense plays and stick to what works.  There was an improvement in execution immediately thereafter. 

That's alarming.

Your point being?  :)

23 hours ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

Sam Darnold had:

More Yards 

More TDs

Higher QBR

Less interceptions

And most important more wins

Im not sure what else people expected?

Ok, i’ll Play this game.

1. Forget the fact that just about any QB in the league, rookie or not, could’ve improved off those 5 stats you mentioned Darnold put up last year.

2. The total yards ranked where among NFL starting QBs?

Total TDs... lol what, 18?

Higher QBR... big jump. 27th to 25th yippee!

Less ints... thanks to Gase finally realizing after watching him, Darnold can’t throw a good deep ball and his mechanics are so wanting, he is wildly inconsistent on medium depth routes, he had Sam throw tons of quick, short passes. This not only cut down on his ints, but helped improve his completion pct. from last year (there, I threw one in for you) also.

Finally your last point.... How about if we expected him to have improved his footwork, decision making and not torpedo the season by getting mono? How about showing just a little consistency, forget week to week, how about within a game?

i could go on, but I want to stay positive here. ?

• Upvote 1

the gase criticism is valid.  right now he has an out because the team had to deal with so many injuries and the fact that many of the players were sign off the street types or journeymen.  it takes time for any team to hit its stride and this one took a full half season.  no telling if this slow start was due to gase or the injuries.  probably both. it seemed to take gase a bit of time to adapt to the reality that was.  imo too much is being read into gase's reputation as a qb whisperer.  i mean he whispered into peyton mannings ear?  made peyton a better qb?  pretty unlikely.  but manning has said good things about gase and right now darnold seems to like the way gase is doing things.  of any player, darnold is the guy gase needs in his camp.

right now they've set themselves up to makes some serious strides next season.  if douglas brings in some good players via the draft and free agents, and launches the malcontents like trumaine then they should be considered to be a playoff team.  especially if they can keep williams as dc.

15 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Ok, i’ll Play this game.

1. Forget the fact that just about any QB in the league, rookie or not, could’ve improved off those 5 stats you mentioned Darnold put up last year.

2. The total yards ranked where among NFL starting QBs?

Total TDs... lol what, 18?

Higher QBR... big jump. 27th to 25th yippee!

Less ints... thanks to Gase finally realizing after watching him, Darnold can’t throw a good deep ball and his mechanics are so wanting, he is wildly inconsistent on medium depth routes, he had Sam throw tons of quick, short passes. This not only cut down on his ints, but helped improve his completion pct. from last year (there, I threw one in for you) also.

Finally your last point.... How about if we expected him to have improved his footwork, decision making and not torpedo the season by getting mono? How about showing just a little consistency, forget week to week, how about within a game?

i could go on, but I want to stay positive here. ?

image.thumb.png.b0c9ff2fd0bd25886d66f10b396af5d0.png