Martz Or Callahan

KRL

1 hour ago, JetsRay said:

Is this a bad thing?  We should want the offensive minded Head Coach to run his system.  Does Belichick have somebody run their system on his team?

It’s a horrible thing Gase will try and fit round pegs in square holes, or worse get rid of awesome round pegs for average at best square pegs.

5 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Gase needs a guy like Mike Martz up in the booth calling plays for his offense. He makes so much sense for Gase considering their relationship. I would be very excited for the offensive side of the ball if the Jets replaced Dowell Loggains with Mike Martz.

You guys do realize Gase is really the OC like how Rex was the DC

45 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

It’s a horrible thing Gase will try and fit round pegs in square holes, or worse get rid of awesome round pegs for average at best square pegs.

Is that what he did in the last 8 games?  Sure seems to me once Darnold came back and was able to settle in, Gase had a better understanding of what he had on this past year's team, strengths and weaknesses and made the adjustments, both in game and with the game plan.  Your synopsis just isn't true.

Let's not forget Gase and his staff was brand new to this team going into the season.  Add the handicap of Darnold missing the first 4-5 weeks, that killed us out of the gate.  

A new regime needs time, players need to learn, settle in, and play with confidence.  We saw exactly that in the second half of the season.

Id love to see Gase add an OC of Asst HC focused on offense. Our play execution on runs and screens especially has been awful under Gase. 

It can be his offense and his play design but if he is going to call plays someone needs to keying in on in game adjustment and execution. In principle that did be Loggains but there was none of it this year...

46 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

Is that what he did in the last 8 games?  Sure seems to me once Darnold came back and was able to settle in, Gase had a better understanding of what he had on this past year's team, strengths and weaknesses and made the adjustments, both in game and with the game plan.  Your synopsis just isn't true.

Let's not forget Gase and his staff was brand new to this team going into the season.  Add the handicap of Darnold missing the first 4-5 weeks, that killed us out of the gate.  

A new regime needs time, players need to learn, settle in, and play with confidence.  We saw exactly that in the second half of the season.

I can’t credit Gase for going 6-2 vs 6 scrub teams, and another sitting starters, my eyes work just fine take your cherry picking stats elsewhere.

12 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I can’t credit Gase for going 6-2 vs 6 scrub teams, and another sitting starters, my eyes work just fine take your cherry picking stats elsewhere.

I don't care who you are playing, winning NFL games isn't easy. Ask the Patriots why they couldn't be the dumpster fire Dolphins. 

callahan would be a massive showing by gase that he's willing to revamp a lot of what he likes to do and how he would call games.  First off if callahan is coming here its as offensive line coach and assistant HC which means they'd have to demote/fire 2 coaches (very unlikely), then gase would have to change the base run philosophy of his system.  Gase has alway preferred to be an inside zone scheme, alot of his offensive principals are based off of that run system.  Now you bring in callahan which is more of a gap blocking scheme and it changes a lot of the play action packages and RPO stuff. 

Also changes things for darnold as zone can be run equally between under center and out of shotgun/pistol sets.  Gap/man blocking principals usually hit better when the back is coming downhill from an 8 yard split and the quarterback under center. 

19 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Callahan is a serious hardo who would piss everyone off, and the Jets staff already has too many of those. 

But he coached for us arguably the best OL in football and by far the best running schemes.  Even with scrubs it will not happen reducing Bell to an afterthought or that BS waiting 8 games to adjust the free defensive coming free on almost every passing play.  

On 1/1/2020 at 10:45 PM, Lupz27 said:

Cherry picking?  ?

Uh huh...  Your eyes failed you because what you say you saw, isn't what actually happened.

seems everyone assumes gase is this or that without any real knowledge.  as i recall gregg williams was hired by chris johnson.  douglas, though he was essentially a gase hire got a 6 year deal.  so it's not like everything is gase's way or the highway.  i suspect there are enough adults in the room to come down on gase if he's doing something foolish.  and it's not like he's the first jets hc to also be the oc.  bruce coslet was hc/oc and finally quit when he was told to hire an oc.  this is not to say gase can't do both jobs.  mcvay seems to be doing it in la and so is shanahan.  the bellichicken has always had a firm grip on the defensive side of things.