Sam needs to be turned loose next season

19 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If Seattle played the Raiders, Giants, Bengals, Dolphins and Steelers at the end of the Season, they would have run the table. During the Reg season Seattle  beat teams like the Eagles, Vikes, SF, and those stingy Bengals and Steelers. They won 11 games. 

Most NFL experts had the Seahawks as an 11 win playoff team.

Most NFL experts had the Jets as a 7 win also-ran.

Both teams met the expectations of NFL experts.  I believe you were so down on Gase you had us at 4-12.  WTF are you complaining about other than complaining for the sake of complaining?

SAR I

• WTF? 1

22 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Agree that Darnold was all we had but who has a backup worth a ?

Hmm.....let me think......I don't know, maybe the Jets had a decent backup who went on to the New Orleans Saints, went 5-0, and helped the team win their division.

Food for thought:  Had the Jets kept Teddy Bridgewater instead of trading him for a bag of hockey pucks we would have finished the season 10-6 and everyone would be licking Adam Gase's balls right now.

SAR I

24 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

For Gods sake, it was one year. Do you call Sam running around with someone who gave him mono control? The fact is we have nobody onnthis team whobfeels entitled. That is more why the lockeroon was quiet than anything.

Take the time to present yourself properly in this forum or you will be Response Banned.  SAR has given other posters such a ban and is prepared to do this to you, today, if you don't get your act together.  We deserve professionalism.  You can take the extra 10 seconds and spell check, make your corrections, and then hit the post button.

SAR I

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

But there is no way around the fact that the Jets were literally the worst offense in the NFL...6-2 or not, if you produce the worst offense in the entire league you shouldn't be coaching in the league - especially considering the awful teams the Jets played.  The fact that Gase has now put up the worst offense in the league two years in a row is very scary.

Injuries.

Simple as that.

I know it gets boring, I know everyone wants a Shiny! Exciting! New! narrative every week.  I'm sorry this is no hot take.  But the facts are the facts and we had a Bottom 10 Maccagnan offense coming into the season and it takes no rocket scientist to see that it could only get worse after losing all the players we did.

We had "the worst offense in the NFL" because of the brutal 0-4 start and 2 games against the best D in the NFL, the New England Patriots.  Simple as that.  Luke Falk put up 3 points against the Browns at 6 points against the Eagles.  He's bagging groceries since being cut.

If Trevor Simean didn't get hurt or if Teddy Bridgewater didn't get traded I would agree with you completely.  But that's not what happened.

SAR I

32 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Most NFL experts had the Seahawks as an 11 win playoff team.

Most NFL experts had the Jets as a 7 win also-ran.

Both teams met the expectations of NFL experts.  I believe you were so down on Gase you had us at 4-12.  WTF are you complaining about other than complaining for the sake of complaining?

SAR I

I started a thread about how Sam should take advantage of situations where he can run, you turned it into a thread about Gase and wins and loses. Maybe ask yourself why you feel a need defend Gase when someone mentions him more a side note like I hope he isn't trying to make Sam a pure drop back passer when all the QB's in the playoffs  run and maybe you will have your answer 

30 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Take the time to present yourself properly in this forum or you will be Response Banned.  SAR has given other posters such a ban and is prepared to do this to you, today, if you don't get your act together.  We deserve professionalism.  You can take the extra 10 seconds and spell check, make your corrections, and then hit the post button.

SAR I

?

Was this written clearly enough for ypu to understand 

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

It was a ******* Joke.  

is there a part where it's, um, FUNNY?

nope. I mean, hyperbole, I know what that is. 

but this overwhelming need to paint Sam as this misunderstood genius/saint who is waterboarded into being a poor QB over 2 years

is exhausting,.

He is what he is until he isnt. 

(yes, i know the roster is poor as well. especially the OL)

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

14 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

is there a part where it's, um, FUNNY?

nope. I mean, hyperbole, I know what that is. 

but this overwhelming need to paint Sam as this misunderstood genius/saint who is waterboarded into being a poor QB over 2 years

is exhausting,.

He is what he is until he isnt. 

(yes, i know the roster is poor as well. especially the OL)

Once again more bullsh*t.  I’ve been very fair about Sam.  Not once did I say he has been great, not once did I say he is better than anyone else.  I have listed the things he needs to clean up.  However the oline and lack of weapons is the truth.  You may not like it but tough sh*t. I would say the same thing for any of QB in the league who deals with it too. I understand Lamar losing has you more butthurt than  usual but at least be factual 

13 hours ago, nico002 said:

Nah everyone here panics the second he throws a pick so he’s gotta be a conservative game manager 

I think that is what happens around here.  A QB like Sam is going to have picks... a lot of them sometimes.  Didn't Favre?  But molding him into a dink-and-dunk QB is just stupid coaching.  Sam is always going to be a gambler out there... and if you hold him back out of turn over fears, you prevent him from doing what he probably does best.  

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I didn't  say we don't  build a team, i ssid he needs to take the yards when they are there. He looks to pass when there is a sea of grass in front of him, he just should tuck and run. 

Cool. However to be honest, the above reads different than the below.

14 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Watching Watson, Mahomes, Wilson, even Rogers to an extent, all these QB's run. For yards. Sam is a mobile QB. He needs to do this also. 

I hope Gase isn't going to try to make him a drop back QB. 

There's a difference betweeen Gase making him into something that he isnt, and Darnold not taking what the defense is giving to him in the rushing department. 

I just didnt get that from your initial comment. It sounded like you were concerned that Gase was forcing Darnold to do something that limited his game, while these other QB's that you named flourished under better coaching/talent.

23 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Cool. However to be honest, the above reads different than the below.

There's a difference betweeen Gase making him into something that he isnt, and Darnold not taking what the defense is giving to him in the rushing department. 

I just didnt get that from your initial comment. It sounded like you were concerned that Gase was forcing Darnold to do something that limited his game, while these other QB's that you named flourished under better coaching/talent.

Your second paragraph  isn't  so far off the mark. I do believe that Gase doesn't  coach to Darnolds strengths. We all know how good he is while passing on the run. Even at this early stage, i think Darnold does this as good if not better than any other QB. We saw very little of this, mostly due to Sam getting murdered and not having anywhere to run but there was practically  no design for this by Gase. That means to me that Gase is wanting him to stay in the pocket. I think he needs to show Sam had you run here, we have a first down. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

It's  better than losing but not much of an accomplishment.  I know we weren't  good, that os may point.

Better than those other teams it seems.  hahaha.  I'll take it after the crap injury luck we had man  :) 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Watching Watson, Mahomes, Wilson, even Rogers to an extent, all these QB's run. For yards. Sam is a mobile QB. He needs to do this also. 

Did you see those offensive play call especially by Andy Reid the one that most here didn’t want just like MM, another washed up HC. 

Tell me after watching the Fraud for a year here that you have confidence of seeing half of those plays being implemented here.  Yesterday you saw a real offensive guru not someone being happy carrying coffee for an already hall of fame.

15 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

What makes you think Sam is mobile? I mean he can roll out but he doesn’t run with the ball very well. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

Did you see those offensive play call especially by Andy Reid the one that most here didn’t want just like MM, another washed up HC. 

Tell me after watching the Fraud for a year here that you have confidence of seeing half of those plays being implemented here.  Yesterday you saw a real offensive guru not someone being happy carrying coffee for an already hall of fame.

I just want to see the aspect of mobile QB play being utilized. It is apparent  that you need to have that as part of your offensive package. 

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Hmm.....let me think......I don't know, maybe the Jets had a decent backup who went on to the New Orleans Saints, went 5-0, and helped the team win their division.

Food for thought:  Had the Jets kept Teddy Bridgewater instead of trading him for a bag of hockey pucks we would have finished the season 10-6 and everyone would be licking Adam Gase's balls right now.

SAR I

Bridgewater had 50 times the firepower with Thomas.  Bridgewater with Thomas and a coach who knows what to do with a running game, unlike Gase,  can win. And dont blame the OL.  Drake played behind a terrible OL in Zona. Gase failed to recognize talent and flat out stifled it.  Why in the world you love this guy is beyond me. Everything screams "awful" about him. Sorry man. Just how I see it presently.  Frankly, I am hoping you're right here. But I wouldn't put any chips on that, because Gase's offensive scheme is horrible and he does nothing to make the most of the talent he has on the roster, no matter how minuscule. 

Coach of the year?  Nope. At best, Gase gets an Incomplete. If not that, then a D minus.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m going the opposite way and suggesting that Sam needs to be deemphasized in the offense and Douglas and Gase need to build a massive run-oriented, play-action passing game. Sam has talent, but there are too many games where he’s simply not mentally prepared to compete at a high level. Very, very Eli. 

Except Eli had the clutch gene.

15 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Does he project better than Jamies? Darnold to date has basically been an injury prone mix of Winston and Fitzpatrick. 

Aside from the ankle thing, the mono, the toe, and the thumb, he's been fine. It was only when he was throwing off his back foot, under throwing deep balls and making poor decisions that he struggled.

It's very easy to see that if we get an excellent OL, a bunch of premiere WRs, and a Derrick Henry type RB, Sam will be fine. He just needs a few weapons and we'll have an Aaron Rodgers 2.0 to call our very own.

Oh by the way, he's only 22. Did you know that?