Who SHOULD Be The MVP?

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How do you not give it to Jackson?

The MVP doesn't say the winner is the best player in the league, the most valuable to his team.

And that's Jackson. 

I think if you put Wilson, Mahomes, Rogers or any of the other top QBs on the Ravens they’d be just as good if not better. 

What RB are you going to replace Henry or McCaffery with? Which WR would you replace Thomas with? If you replace them with someone else is their team going to be just as good or better? No

Jackson had a record breaking year, passing Mike Vick for most rushing yards for a QB.  When you factor that and he accounted for 43 TD's and had the best record in the NFL, it's pretty hard to argue for someone else.

Otherwise, it would be Henry, Wilson or Watson for me because I always look at the MVP as the true definition.  Who means the most to their team.  If you take those dudes off their respective teams, they're bottom dweller trash whereas I think the Ravens would still be pretty good. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I think if you put Wilson, Mahomes, Rogers or any of the other top QBs on the Ravens they’d be just as good if not better. 

What RB are you going to replace Henry or McCaffery with? Which WR would you replace Thomas with? If you replace them with someone else is their team going to be just as good or better? No

Yeah but that's not how it should or does work.  The only think we know is what they did, not what they would do if you switched guys to different teams.  

I get what youre saying and again, not saying the MVP makes him the best or better player than a Mahomes.  I'd take all the other QBs over him just saying off of what they did for their teams, this year, hes the MVP

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How do you not give it to Jackson?

The MVP doesn't say the winner is the best player in the league, the most valuable to his team.

And that's Jackson. 

then with that argument how is it not Tannehill ? You know the guy who turned an entire franchise around a basically made them an elite football team 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Jackson had a record breaking year, passing Mike Vick for most rushing yards for a QB.  When you factor that and he accounted for 43 TD's and had the best record in the NFL, it's pretty hard to argue for someone else.

Otherwise, it would be Henry, Wilson or Watson for me because I always look at the MVP as the true definition.  Who means the most to their team.  If you take those dudes off their respective teams, they're bottom dweller trash whereas I think the Ravens would still be pretty good. 

Didn’t MaCaffery do something similar?

Just now, Smashmouth said:

then with that argument how is it not Tannehill ? You know the guy who turned an entire franchise around a basically made them an elite football team 

Because he didnt play a full season, didnt play enough compared to a Jackson who won more games in a row than Tannehill played in

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

That’s how it should be. It’s the mvp if that player is replaceable like Jackson they’re not the MVP

I don't see how hes replaceable, even if youre right and Mahomes would have won on the Ravens.  I also think Jackson, with the year he had on the Chiefs would have won.  

Look, its been debated forever, who's the MVP, the best player or the player that makes the biggest difference to his team.

Im just giving my opinion, can see the other argument but we all know who's going to win the award

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Tannehill may not be the MVP of his team, to me its Henry

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Look, its been debated forever, who's the MVP, the best player or the player that makes the biggest difference to his team.

Im just giving my opinion, can see the other argument but we all know who's going to win the award

How many times has a quarterback won an award like the Heisman or the MVP when there was another player at a different position that was more deserving?How many times has a quarterback won an award like the Heisman or the MVP when there was another player at a different position that was more deserving?

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Didn’t MaCaffery do something similar?

The only issue I have with McCaffery is if you take McCaffery off the Panthers, do they win 3 games instead of 5?  Guy is amazing but I dont think you can call someone an MVP on a 5 win team.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Because he didnt play a full season, didnt play enough compared to a Jackson who won more games in a row than Tannehill played in

Tannehill played in 12 games and had one of the best passer rating's in history 117.5 I think he might have been second all time behind Aaron Rodgers.\

When it comes to Lamar you don't know what that team would have been with another very good QB running the show. Tannehill turned his team around when he replaced Mariota. With Mariota in there this team would not be in the position they are in now . Tannehill should be considered but he won't be because rushing yards are so important for a QB they do nothing when it comes to playing great defenses in the playoffs (it happens like clockwork) yet Tannehill ate up the vaunted Ravens defense with 2 quick TD passes putting tremendous pressure on the MVP who failed to respond throwing duck's all over the field

1 minute ago, JiF said:

The only issue I have with McCaffery is if you take McCaffery off the Panthers, do they win 3 games instead of 5?  Guy is amazing but I dont think you can call someone an MVP on a 5 win team.

If you put Jackson on Carolina they’re still not making the playoffs. If you put McCaffrey on a team like Seattle, Green Bay, Baltimore, San Francisco etc they’re better teams. 

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

How many times has a quarterback won an award like the Heisman or the MVP when there was another player at a different position that was more deserving?How many times has a quarterback won an award like the Heisman or the MVP when there was another player at a different position that was more deserving?

QB is the most important position on the field, dictates wins and losses more than a LB, RB (usually) a DE.  

And has nothing to do with MVP.  What did McCaffery do for the Panthers?  Did his play get them to the playoffs?  Jackson did.  No guarantee a different QB, not named Mahomes would have don't the same

12 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Another problem with saying McCaffery here is, he was 3rd in both yards and TD's for a RB behind Henry/Chubb (both had higher YPC) and Henry/Jones.  I get that McCaffery was 2nd in the league in receptions which is just a baller year but idk, I guess I could see a few guys step in have a pretty similar year....maybe not that good but close. Kamara, Chubb, Barkley, Henry, etc. 

Just now, Smashmouth said:

Tannehill played in 12 games and had one of the best passer rating's in history 117.5 I think he might have been second all time behind Aaron Rodgers.\

When it comes to Lamar you don't know what that team would have been with another very good QB running the show. Tannehill turned his team around when he replaced Mariota. With Mariota in there this team would not be in the position they are in now . Tannehill should be considered but he won't be because rushing yards are so important for a QB they do nothing when it comes to playing great defenses in the playoffs (it happens like clockwork) yet Tannehill ate up the vaunted Ravens defense with 2 quick TD passes putting tremendous pressure on the MVP who failed to respond throwing duck's all over the field

Hes not even in the discussion.  

Youre right, no one knows what the Ravens would be like with another QB.  So why does that mean Jackson shouldn't be the MVP for what he did?

I don't know that a QB with a better resume would have accomplished the same or more with the Titans either.  Would you know what Teddy Bridgewater would have done the Titans?  With Henry running wild the last half of the schedule?

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

QB is the most important position on the field, dictates wins and losses more than a LB, RB (usually) a DE.  

And has nothing to do with MVP.  What did McCaffery do for the Panthers?  Did his play get them to the playoffs?  Jackson did.  No guarantee a different QB, not named Mahomes would have don't the same

The QB is the most important but if he can be replaced by another QB and the team is just as good or better he’s not the MVP. 

Just now, New York Mick said:

If you put Jackson on Carolina they’re still not making the playoffs. If you put McCaffrey on a team like Seattle, Green Bay, Baltimore, San Francisco etc they’re better teams. 

Sure but I dont know that this is as strong of an argument as you think.  The same could be said for a lot of players going to a lot of teams.  I think you could use Bell in that type of an example and the same would apply.

I'm quite confident that Jackson played on the Panthers, they're probably better than a 5 win team but who knows.  

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Another problem with saying McCaffery here is, he was 3rd in both yards and TD's for a RB behind Henry/Chubb (both had higher YPC) and Henry/Jones.  I get that McCaffery was 2nd in the league in receptions which is just a baller year but idk, I guess I could see a few guys step in have a pretty similar year....maybe not that good but close. Kamara, Chubb, Barkley, Henry, etc. 

I don’t think Mac is the MVP I think Henry is but what he did stat wise is similar to what Jackson did for their positions 

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Sure but I dont know that this is as strong of an argument as you think.  The same could be said for a lot of players going to a lot of teams.  I think you could use Bell in that type of an example and the same would apply.

I'm quite confident that Jackson played on the Panthers, they're probably better than a 5 win team but who knows.  

You think Bell would of done what Mac did? Bell isn’t what he use to be and Mac did something Bell did do in his prime on a SB team.