Who SHOULD Be The MVP?

49 minutes ago, CurtMart said:

I hate Lamar Jackson from as much as I hate Brady but he’s getting it this year. 

Why?  What exactly has he done to put him on the same level as the guy who’s owned us for nearly 2 decades, won 6 Super Bowls, and cheated along the way?

It's Jackson. Easily.

There is a reason why QBs win most MVPs. If you are going to have a dominant offense, you need a great QB. It's that simple.

You can win a division title, maybe even a Super Bowl, with a decent, game manager type. To do that though you need a strong running game and a dominant defense. I don't buy the argument that's so popular here, the one that says put QB X on team Y and his record wouldn't be as good as it is on team Z. A great QB makes every team he's on very good.

That's why teams chase QBs in the first round. They can single handedly change a franchise. No other position does that. They make good teams better, bad teams competitive. QB is the most important position in any sport. Football is a team game, no doubt, but it's also a QB driven one.

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

enot \I don’t think Mac is the MVP I think Henry is but what he did stat wise is similar to what Jackson did for their positions 

Similar, yes but guys have done what McCaffery has done, they've just never caught as many balls.

Faulk did what McCaffery is doing on the regular.  Tomlinson had a 100+ reception year.  Hell, Bell used to have similar seasons with Pitt.  Maybe not as good but pretty dang close.  

Whereas, I've never seen anyone do what Jackson did this year.  The year Vick went for 1k rushing, he accounted for 22 TD's.  Jackson was 47. 

16 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

You think Bell would of done what Mac did? Bell isn’t what he use to be and Mac did something Bell did do in his prime on a SB team. 

Put Bell from 3 years ago on that team and give him 142 targets, yes, I think he can catch 100+ balls.  sh*t, he might have this year.  He caught 66 of 78 on the Jets.  

44 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

It’s Jamal Adams, sir.

Good call, sir. Who can forget how an injured Jamal Adams inspired the Jets to victory against the Dolphins from the sidelines, after which all of his defensive teammates—who held the Fish without a touchdown—had to answer questions about the invaluable role that Jamal—in street clothes—played on that fateful day. It was like the Jordan Flu Game, but if Jordan said “**** it” and didn’t play because it might hurt his negotiating position after the season.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, JiF said:

Put Bell from 3 years ago on that team and give him 142 targets, yes, I think he can catch 100+ balls.  sh*t, he might have this year.  He caught 66 of 78 on the Jets.  

Bell didn’t have McCaffrey’s numbers on a Super Bowl caliber team with a Hall of Fame quarterback potential Hall of Fame wide receiver till he lost his mind and one of the best olines in the NFL. Both Mac and Jackson broke positional records and I don’t think either are the MVP. 

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

I think if you put Wilson, Mahomes, Rogers or any of the other top QBs on the Ravens they’d be just as good if not better. 

What RB are you going to replace Henry or McCaffery with? Which WR would you replace Thomas with? If you replace them with someone else is their team going to be just as good or better? No

The Ravens finished as the # 1 seed in the AFC.  The Panthers didn't make the playoffs.  The Titans barely made it, and you have to give some credit to Tannehill (highest QB Rating in the league, top 5 DVOA season).  

Michael Thomas is the only name on your list that holds any water.  He had a monster season, no doubt about it, and his productivity didn't drop off even when Brees got hurt.  It's unfortunate that this is such a QB-driven award, otherwise he'd be a serious contender.

Obviously if you replace ANY of these guys the team isn't going to be "as good or better".  

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Good call, sir. Who can forget how an injured Jamal Adams inspired the Jets to victory against the Dolphins from the sidelines, after which all of his defensive teammates—who held the Fish without a touchdown—had to answer questions about the invaluable role that Jamal—in street clothes—played on that fateful day. It was like the Jordan Flu Game, but if Jordan said “**** it bad didn’t play because it might hurt his negotiating position after the season.

haha... I will never be convinced he didn't sit out rather than have to chase Jackson around.

Just now, New York Mick said:

Bell didn’t have McCaffrey’s numbers on a Super Bowl caliber team with a Hall of Fame quarterback potential Hall of Fame wide receiver till he lost his mind and one of the best olines in the NFL. Both Mac and Jackson broke positional records and I don’t think either are the MVP. 

That's because Bell had to share the ball with the best WR in the game and a ton of other weapons.  McCaffery was force fed the ball like no other player in the league out of necessity.   I'm not saying Bell is McCaffery, just saying, it's not a stretch to see him catching 100+ balls if he was targeted 146 times.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Ravens finished as the # 1 seed in the AFC.  The Panthers didn't make the playoffs.  The Titans barely made it, and you have to give some credit to Tannehill (highest QB Rating in the league, top 5 DVOA season).  

Michael Thomas is the only name on your list that holds any water.  He had a monster season, no doubt about it.

Without Henry the Titans are picking in the top 10 instead of playing in the championship and every name on there was a potential MVP

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Without Henry the Titans are picking in the top 10 instead of playing in the championship and every name on there was a potential MVP

The difference between picking top 10 and the # 6 seed isn't as vast as you think it is.  They were 9-7.  Typically, a 9-7 team has less than a 50 % chance of making the playoffs.  We went 7-9 and are picking 11th.  

Also, for the first 9 weeks of the season, Henry was mostly a non-factor.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

I don't see how hes replaceable, even if youre right and Mahomes would have won on the Ravens.  I also think Jackson, with the year he had on the Chiefs would have won.  

Look, its been debated forever, who's the MVP, the best player or the player that makes the biggest difference to his team.

Im just giving my opinion, can see the other argument but we all know who's going to win the award

As we have all seen for so many years the award goes to the best player not necessarily the MVP. And to take it to the next level it usually goes to a QB.

Split it up 

Best Player of the Year award - Jackson

Most Valuable player award - any of the other 5 :)

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Replace Jackson with any top QB and Baltimore is still in the playoffs and might still be in them. 

Merely making the playoffs and # 1 seed in your conference is a vast difference.  Far more vast than the 6-seed and a Top 10 pick. 

And I don't fully agree that a replacement-level QB would have gotten the Ravens to the playoffs.

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Good call, sir. Who can forget how an injured Jamal Adams inspired the Jets to victory against the Dolphins from the sidelines, after which all of his defensive teammates—who held the Fish without a touchdown—had to answer questions about the invaluable role that Jamal—in street clothes—played on that fateful day. It was like the Jordan Flu Game, but if Jordan said “**** it” and didn’t play because it might hurt his negotiating position after the season.

lol....Don't ever change, man.

10 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

another prop up our bottom 5 QB by bad mouthing Lamar thread.

JetNation!!! 

I’m guessing you have half of the board blocked by now because you’re oversensitive but anyway this has zero to do with Darnold. Darnold wasn’t a top 10 QB last season much less an MVP candidate 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

How do you not give it to Jackson?

The MVP doesn't say the winner is the best player in the league, the most valuable to his team.

And that's Jackson. 

Have to agree. However, you live by the knife and the gun, you die by the knife and the gun.