Who SHOULD Be The MVP?

4 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I think it’s given to QBs to often when they’re not the MVP.  

Who would you give it to not who do you think will win it.

My list 
1. Henry  

2. McCaffrey

3. Thomas

4. Wilson

5. Mahomes

6. Jackson

Henry is a viable candidate man. Who could even argue that without him the Pats and  Ravens wouldn't have gone one and done?  That guy is an absolute BEAST!!!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

As we have all seen for so many years the award goes to the best player not necessarily the MVP. And to take it to the next level it usually goes to a QB.

Split it up 

Best Player of the Year award - Jackson

Most Valuable player award - any of the other 5 :)

I hear what youre saying but csnt agree.  

Don't see how giving the award to the wrong person helps those who were passed over wrongly in the past

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Per DVOA, Derrick Henry wasn't even a top 10 back this season, btw.  Probably because of his weak first half of the season.

First half of his season was just under 600 yards.

Not too far off from half of his NFL leading 1500 yards

And we have to take into account no one was playing the QB given how little Mariotta was respected.

Why I could care less about numbers that direct a great season to explain how it wasn't a great season.  Especially based on part of the schedule instead of the entire season

9 hours ago, New York Mick said:

My list 
1. Henry  

2. McCaffrey

3. Thomas

4. Wilson

5. Mahomes

6. Jackson

Folorunso Fatukasi 

14 hours ago, New York Mick said:

My list 
1. Henry  

2. McCaffrey

3. Thomas

4. Wilson

5. Mahomes

6. Jackson

Jackson

23 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Tannehill played in 12 games and had one of the best passer rating's in history 117.5 I think he might have been second all time behind Aaron Rodgers.\

When it comes to Lamar you don't know what that team would have been with another very good QB running the show. Tannehill turned his team around when he replaced Mariota. With Mariota in there this team would not be in the position they are in now . Tannehill should be considered but he won't be because rushing yards are so important for a QB they do nothing when it comes to playing great defenses in the playoffs (it happens like clockwork) yet Tannehill ate up the vaunted Ravens defense with 2 quick TD passes putting tremendous pressure on the MVP who failed to respond throwing duck's all over the field

Yes but it’s an award for the best regular season player. Personally Id go with Henry. I couldn’t think of another player in the league that could have done what he has done for the Titans. 

Lamar Jackson should be, and will be, the 2019 NFL MVP.

Henry had a great year, but when you look at the numbers, his increase in production goes hand in hand with the change to Tannehill, who also greatly increased the QB production when he took over.  They both deserve kudos, but neither deserve the MVP.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, PS17 said:

I think Russell Wilson is the most valuable player. That team is absolute garbage if you remove him from the equation. With him they’re a drive away from the NFC Championship. 

I think if you don't give the MVP to Jackson(which is absurd), you have a real argument to give the MVP to Wilson. That team's garbage without him and they were 1 yard away from winning the NFC West.

For all the people choosing Henry - are you aware that the MVP is a regular season award? Look at Henry's game log:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HenrDe00.htm

Giving the guy the MVP for a 6 game stretch is ludicrous. He was utterly mediocre the first 9 games of the season.