BREAKING: Winston Hill to NFL Hall of Fame

14 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

These processes and the writers are such a joke. He wasn't a HoF'er several years ago but all of a sudden he is now? They couldn't put the guy in when he was alive? ******* hell.

T-Rex isn't a Hall of Fame Band (but is).

Pete Rose is a Hall of Fame player (but isn't).

Hall of Fames are dumb and biased and subjective and generally meaningless.  They change nothing about the people who get in or don't get in.  They're as much popularity contests as they are true reflections on a guy's career.

Never saw this particular player play, before my time.  Good he got in.  Sad it's after he died (sounds like). 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Hall of Fames are dumb and biased and subjective and generally meaningless.  They change nothing about the people who get in or don't get in.  They're as much popularity contests as they are true reflections on a guy's career.

Never saw this particular player play, before my time.  Good he got in.  Sad it's after he died (sounds like). 

I think the idea of the HOF is dumb but T-Rex (which is basically Marc Bolan) def deserves to be in.  He started the whole glam rock movement and was literally a rock sensation all by himself for a few years.  Bowis ate his lunch buf Bolan was a genuine rock icon.  His influence has never wained despite an early death.  He made some great albums.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Lith said:

Well deserved.  Too bad this couldn't have happened a few years ago when he could have enjoyed the honor. 

Hopefully the Hall will get it right with Klecko soon.

They are saying that this wave of retro inductions will be unique to the Centennial.  In other words, dont hold your breath for Klecko. If he gets in, it'll be after we are long gone as well as Klecko.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

This thread needed your diatribe on Hall of Fames and awards?

Narcissist.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jetworks said:

And apparently a rebuke from you as well.

Judgmental mod wannabe.

Yes to the 1st sentence.  Agreed.  LOL @ the 2nd sentence.  Did you think it was serious???  And more importantly....  are you ready to commit to this year's JN Mock?  Didn't you go missing  last year?

edit:  I have given myself the appropriate reprimand.  The Buttfumble.  Bless me fadda, for all to see.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Yes to the 1st sentence.  Agreed.  LOL @ the 2nd sentence.  Did you think it was serious???  And more importantly....  are you ready to commit to this year's JN Mock?  Didn't you go missing  last year?

edit:  I have given myself the appropriate reprimand.  The Buttfumble.  Bless me fadda, for all to see.

Lol, have you ever known me NOT to diatribe? \\:D/

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dcat said:

Please let me have my smarmy commentaries unfettered, thankya.

I don't do mocks, turtlenecks or otherwise. Clearly you have my confused with some other nondescript poster with a 'Jets' prefix. Sorry, fella.

1 hour ago, Jetworks said:

Please let me have my smarmy commentaries unfettered, thankya.

I don't do mocks, turtlenecks or otherwise. Clearly you have my confused with some other nondescript poster with a 'Jets' prefix. Sorry, fella.

sorry, I must be confusing you with someone else who has a Mangold pic.

• Upvote 1

sorry may have been said in one of the previous posts but if Alex Karras can get in with a one-year gambling suspension certainly Klecko deserves it.
that said I do understand the ‘fame’ aspect of the HOF and Karras certainly was a colorful guy and i don’t begrudge him the honor.
but 73 ? cmon man.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1