Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

6 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I was dicking around with AJ. With beaver I actually had time to... oh I dont know... log on and actually read posts?  His vote record was questionable with two scum trains and him picking to get on the third town one. Plus his sk mentions pinged. Townies hunt for bad guys. Getting all hyperfocused on sk hunting is more indicative of a scum for obvious reasons. 

That's why I voted him.

But nice nudge there

ok fair enough

have a feeling the last scsum will try to bring nolderconfirmed to 1v2 endgame, should they make it that far, and hoep for a 50/50 random.org vote (j/k, but coin flip) like last months game. espe cially with the comment mod posted during day phase from dead thread "is nolder a noob?" 

On 2/15/2020 at 12:20 AM, jvill 51 said:

I think we've probably got two vets and two newbies as scum. I think its likely one of the vets has been bussing, and the other has been trying to defend his scummates. Since I'm leaning heavily towards Spoot as the one scum defending his fellow scum this list follows based off that. If Spoot flips town it would change but I'm pretty confident he's dirty rotten scum. (Note the list within the groupings isn't necessarily in order.

Scum Senses Tingling Heavy:

1. Spoot - I've explained why before. Pivotal vote that ensured CTM's demise Day 1. Big swing vote to try and keep a semi-unlynchable Smash from getting a bullet between the eyes on Night 1. JiF pointing his way from the outset, JiF ending up dead Night 1. CTM pointing his way, CTM gets a bullet Night 3. Either he's Forrest Gump showing up at pivotal moments through sheer happenstance or he's scum. I'd feel pretty damn confident betting on scum. I don't see myself voting anywhere else today.

Scum Senses Tingling Medium:

JVOR - his thoughts have mostly aligned with mine. He was all in to shoot Smash night 1, all in to lynch Smash thereafter, and right there in agreement that Spoot is the most likely candidate today. But I thought that if someone was bussing, and its likely that someone is, it was CTM, and they killed him off last night. He's the next man up in that regard and I think scum would be able to sneak him into the end of the game his voting records been so good. 

AJ - Had you firmly pegged as town, but as CTM said, almost so town that I'm suspicious. And there's not a lot to go off of with you unfortunately since you took over pretty recently and your predecessor didn't leave much of a track record. Would be easy for you to slide right in as the helpful townie with Smash already on the verge of lynch with or without your vote.

Scum Senses Tingling Light:

Stark - If Spoot flips town I think he goes to the top of the list. If Spoot flips scum he might drop. Need to see how it plays out though.

Newbies:

Really don't have a firm read on any of them. Need more info/deaths/posts. I remember thinking I'd put Booz at the bottom of the list of suspected newbies but can't remember why.

Town Senses Tingling Heavy:

JC - I get the inactivity arguments but I feel like scum have been trying to throw him under the bus and cast suspicion on him solely for that reason from the very beginning of the game. Nothing he's actually done has struck me as anti-town, and I believe he said going as far back as the sign-up for this game that he'd likely be limited in his ability to post. A convenient target to throw out whenever heat gets too heavy on scum.

GATA - I've been back and forth on her from the beginning of the game, but she's struck me as town recently. Even if I haven't always agreed with her I get where she's been coming from. Was all aboard the shoot train Night 1, was willing to take the bullet herself, and doesn't seem to be trying too hard to appear too pro-town so I don't think she's bussing. That could just be because she is incapable of replicating human emotions though.

Confirmed Town:

Nolder

Jvill

This obviously doesn't vet anyone but I'm going to guess Cop peaked @Jetscode1 & read him town. 

I'm not tin-foiling that I WILL NOT VOTE JC till end game if I make it there and JC is still alive.

My current scum leans are as follows 

deck & drums.

neutral on 

Nyn

Boozer

Town 

JC (based on cop)

& obviously town confirmed NOLDER 

yall welcoem to vote for me and resolve my slot , i have no clue who the last one is. and the last two dead leaderse didnt get a chance to state their backup plan in the event i flip town

they were pretty sure its me as top choice, dont recall a definitive backup plan

2 minutes ago, deckerfan said:

ok fair enough

have a feeling the last scsum will try to bring nolderconfirmed to 1v2 endgame, should they make it that far, and hoep for a 50/50 random.org vote (j/k, but coin flip) like last months game. espe cially with the comment mod posted during day phase from dead thread "is nolder a noob?" 

Why do you figure there's one scum left?

To be perfectly honest when I came into the game I figured there was someone deepwolfing for sure just by the way this game was going. It almost felt... too obvious, I guess. I thought it was prolly AJ because it's his strongsuit. Jvor was my second choice as he seemed to be saying the right words but was mostly standing back. Both obviously weren't. So I'm kinda conflicted atm.

As for the rest of your post, I don't know what happened last game.... not sure why you're theorizing if Nolder is gonna be kept alive till end game or not... am I missing your point?

Just now, deckerfan said:

yall welcoem to vote for me and resolve my slot , i have no clue who the last one is. and the last two dead leaderse didnt get a chance to state their backup plan in the event i flip town

they were pretty sure its me as top choice, dont recall a definitive backup plan

If not present a case on someone 

just saying resolve my slot if you are town is not pro town 

Town currently has majority 6 vs 1

if you flip town we lose 2 

That is not good for town so if you really are town make an effort 

if you flip scum ..End game ... TY 

Just now, Nynaeve said:

To be perfectly honest when I came into the game I figured there was someone deepwolfing for sure just by the way this game was going. It almost felt... too obvious, I guess. I thought it was prolly AJ because it's his strongsuit. Jvor was my second choice as he seemed to be saying the right words but was mostly standing back. Both obviously weren't. So I'm kinda conflicted atm.

As for the rest of your post, I don't know what happened last game.... not sure why you're theorizing if Nolder is gonna be kept alive till end game or not... am I missing your point?

because everyones speculating 5 vs 16, and it makes sense. everyoen mentioned 5 at most, 4 at the least but unlikely. last game 2 vs 7, seems liek THE right type of ratio on JN wiwth power roles stnadard cop doc 

the start of the game was originally 20 players, Ape was a late add on in the midst of day 1. 6 vs 14 seems steep? idk i proby shouldnt speculate like that then

never heard of deepwolfing, and nah just pointless ramble re: nolder and killing time

3 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

original set up was a 20 person game so i was thinking it was a 5 person team. 80 added the 1x unlynchable to balance the 21 players.

Do you think 6 makes more sense?

1 minute ago, deckerfan said:

because everyones speculating 5 vs 16, and it makes sense. everyoen mentioned 5 at most, 4 at the least but unlikely. last game 2 vs 7, seems liek THE right type of ratio on JN wiwth power roles stnadard cop doc 

the start of the game was originally 20 players, Ape was a late add on in the midst of day 1. 6 vs 14 seems steep? idk i proby shouldnt speculate like that then

never heard of deepwolfing, and nah just pointless ramble re: nolder and killing time

deepwolfing is a townie seeming scum that managed to get himself into the town core, and therefore goes unnoticed. There are also scummy townies or obvious townies. A taste for everyone.

AJ for instance plays a really clean game as scum. Similar to his town game with minor differences that you typically won't make out unless you played a great deal with him.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GATA said:

If not present a case on someone 

just saying resolve my slot if you are town is not pro town 

Town currently has majority 6 vs 1

if you flip town we lose 2 

That is not good for town so if you really are town make an effort 

if you flip scum ..End game ... TY 

ok, but that voting record like the dead town leaders said is almst WAY too sketch to keep stringing along.  dicker refusing to vote a flipped scum like that, or anyone, for that matter, is super sketch and id think it was most  likely scum if it was someone else not me. but yes ill try like i said yesterday to a few peeps but no guarantee of 1% usefulness 

2 minutes ago, GATA said:

original set up was a 20 person game so i was thinking it was a 5 person team. 80 added the 1x unlynchable to balance the 21 players.

Do you think 6 makes more sense?

No. typically the standard ratio is 1:4. I just wanted him to answer the question mostly.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, GATA said:

This obviously doesn't vet anyone but I'm going to guess Cop peaked @Jetscode1 & read him town. 

I'm not tin-foiling that I WILL NOT VOTE JC till end game if I make it there and JC is still alive.

deck & drums.

neutral on 

Nyn

Town 

JC (based on cop)

Can you give me the short version of why you find drums and dicker suss?

32 minutes ago, GATA said:

deck & drums.

neutral on 

Nyn

Town 

JC (based on cop)

u neglected 2 mention boozer

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Can you give me the short version of why you find drums and dicker suss?

Ok without quoting everything 

PDX (deckerfan now) 

Jvill mentioned what do we think of him before he died. He was mostly inactive. 

Might be reading into this too much but I think Jvill was careful about what he said.

After D2 you didn't see him say much of anything honestly. 

Yesterday, when scum tried to get me lynched with Nolder's case on me decker was also trying to clear beaver and didn't vote for him.

Today he went straight into the voting phase voting BumKnee . Might be a buss to clear his name. 

Drums: 

Day 1 Verbal revealed he was vig to avoid a lynch. We ended up lynching CTM

N1 A majority wanted to shoot but a few wanted to Holster.  

NOTE ::: EDIT*** I was wrong about the vet thing I think one of the other newbs said that. 

I'm quoting his actual vote further down 

So far on the holster has pretty much been all scum with the exception of Crush & Stark

I think Drums could be scum because of his vote here. 

Verbals Shot:

Verbal (1) Brickhouse

Spoot (2) GATA, Boozer

GATA (2) kdels62, ID 

Smash (3) JOVR, jvill51, Just End Me

Holster (7) Smash, Drums, Beaver, Spoot, Crusher, BUM-KNEE, Stark

Not Participating (1) Ape

Yesterday, after Nolder laid his case beaver rushed to spin narrative and drums did too. 

Even tho the day before he was so sure I was town.

Drums hammered yup great look & today he voted for the obvious hanging fruit Bum Knee 

but it feels like a buss. 

Those are my two for now.

3 minutes ago, GATA said:

PDX (deckerfan now) 

Might be reading into this too much but I think Jvill was careful about what he said.

Yesterday, when scum tried to get me lynched with Nolder's case on me decker was also trying to clear beaver and didn't vote for him.

Today he went straight into the voting phase voting BumKnee . Might be a buss to clear his name. 

Drums: 

Day 1 Verbal revealed he was vig to avoid a lynch. We ended up lynching CTM

N1 A majority wanted to shoot but a few wanted to Holster.  

So far on the holster has pretty much been all scum with the exception of Crush & Stark

I think Drums could be scum because of his vote here. 

He kept saying all the vets were agreeing to it poll doesn't back that up 

for sure ape , crush & smash wanted to holster but not all the vets.

Huh? I didn't base my vote off of a poll. In my opinion this thread was a mess at that point and I wasn't as into it. I didn't get into it until around after Smash died because it finally calmed down a little and there was room for me. So once again, my vote was based on the fact that I didn't think a random townie should die because I didn't realize how much info a death could bring. I've recently said it was a mistake to vote that way but I didn't know that at the time.

Honestly I think I've been one of the most transparent people in this game and you can ask me anything and I will answer it plain and simple. 

I understand you have a vendetta against me now but you're wrong. Either way, I see you differently after the Beaver kill so if you vote me whatever but I am not looking at you d8.

2 minutes ago, GATA said:

PDX (deckerfan now) 

i get this. nothing to dispute. this was my perspective, im repeating a lot but not to u tho 

i thought beaver was town. newb town. it does look bad for sure.

and as for today, AJ got onto me during night phase for not voting anyone at all, saying that was unacceptable regardless of alignment (paraphrasing) ... and that doing so means i deserve to die just for that alone. as a general rule. in past games, i sometimes would abstain from voting (iirc i played 1 game a year from 17-19 and u werein past 2) completely, and it nearly got or did get me lynched both times when someone flipped scum ( spoot and stark iirc) so lesson learned. not alignemt indicative anyways so

but today's a different case ree: voting, i really have no clue otherwise id vote. id prefer to just sheep dead town but idk who they thought it was, they told me to figure it out (oopsies). AJ was like "you or nyn will go likely after Bum" without saying anything else, and then night scene happened.

and as JVOR and AJ were talking to each other or at least discussing amongst themselves last night, they quoted a few of Bum's incriminating posts and how he talked about cop and stuff. stuff that happened last day phase when he was trying to steer the lynch to Gata. stuff about how he worded things weirdly. 

they wer esuper confident about Bum scum like they were confident about me being scum with Bum (which im not). Plus, the paranoia about jvor being scum was gone after the beaver flip. the tin foili stuff disappeared about ppl i thought might be scum. so, when they said Bum and decker in either order doesnt matter, well I was like Let's get on with it. they're on a roll. bum or me goes next, then the other after that, fair play.

13 minutes ago, Drums said:

He was nonexistent most of the time but he is batting 1000 on his votes that he's participated in. Maybe it's the LSD

ok. fair enough. well he still doesnt do the vote b olding propoerly, but at least this day phase he bolded something and didnt ask the mod to count a non bolded vote. 

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

Haha, I never said I am good at this game. I overthink too much. 

Edit:

PS Rule #14

i never said u were good or bad at this game, just new. and generally imo overthinking and being analytical is much better than sucking at it, i would know LOL :P oh and rule 14 back atcha (is this the new JN version of a high five because i dont remember anyone instituting a rule 14 here). must be the new no cursing rule that led to this

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, deckerfan said:

i get this. nothing to dispute. this was my perspective, im repeating a lot but not to u tho 

i thought beaver was town. newb town. it does look bad for sure.

and as for today, AJ got onto me during night phase for not voting anyone at all, saying that was unacceptable regardless of alignment (paraphrasing) ... and that doing so means i deserve to die just for that alone. as a general rule. in past games, i sometimes would abstain from voting (iirc i played 1 game a year from 17-19 and u werein past 2) completely, and it nearly got or did get me lynched both times when someone flipped scum ( spoot and stark iirc) so lesson learned. not alignemt indicative anyways so

but today's a different case ree: voting, i really have no clue otherwise id vote. id prefer to just sheep dead town but idk who they thought it was, they told me to figure it out (oopsies). AJ was like "you or nyn will go likely after Bum" without saying anything else, and then night scene happened.

and as JVOR and AJ were talking to each other or at least discussing amongst themselves last night, they quoted a few of Bum's incriminating posts and how he talked about cop and stuff. stuff that happened last day phase when he was trying to steer the lynch to Gata. stuff about how he worded things weirdly. 

they wer esuper confident about Bum scum like they were confident about me being scum with Bum (which im not). Plus, the paranoia about jvor being scum was gone after the beaver flip. the tin foili stuff disappeared about ppl i thought might be scum. so, when they said Bum and decker in either order doesnt matter, well I was like Let's get on with it. they're on a roll. bum or me goes next, then the other after that, fair play.

You were Beaver's go-to vote until things got hot. Wonder if I should overthink that or not. 

1 minute ago, deckerfan said:

ok. fair enough. well he still doesnt do the vote b olding propoerly, but at least this day phase he bolded something and didnt ask the mod to count a non bolded vote. 

i never said u were good or bad at this game, just new. and generally imo overthinking and being analytical is much better than sucking at it, i would know LOL :P oh and rule 14 back atcha (is this the new JN version of a high five because i dont remember anyone instituting a rule 14 here). must be the new no cursing rule that led to this

Yup, it's the new high five ?

12 minutes ago, Drums said:

Huh? I didn't base my vote off of a poll. In my opinion this thread was a mess at that point and I wasn't as into it. I didn't get into it until around after Smash died because it finally calmed down a little and there was room for me. So once again, my vote was based on the fact that I didn't think a random townie should die because I didn't realize how much info a death could bring. I've recently said it was a mistake to vote that way but I didn't know that at the time.

Honestly I think I've been one of the most transparent people in this game and you can ask me anything and I will answer it plain and simple. 

I understand you have a vendetta against me now but you're wrong. Either way, I see you differently after the Beaver kill so if you vote me whatever but I am not looking at you d8.

Not really a vendetta, usually when things like what happened yesterday arise scum jump on board a train to save their own. 

Hence, Beaver & Bum Knee... same reason almost all scum was on that holster train they wanted to protect spoot & Smash. 

This points in your direction. 

Like I said your last 2 votes help your case but you did a full 180 after Nolder once you saw his story didn't stick you did another 180.

You can try to talk your way out of it.

It all seems scummy.

Just now, GATA said:

Not really a vendetta, usually when things like what happened yesterday arise scum jump on board a train to save their own. 

Hence, Beaver & Bum Knee... same reason almost all scum was on that holster train they wanted to protect spoot & Smash. 

This points in your direction. 

Like I said your last 2 votes help your case but you did a full 180 after Nolder once you saw his story didn't stick you did another 180.

You can try to talk your way out of it.

It all seems scummy.

I really did do a full 180, I will admit that. I had that going the day before and got over it but it never left completely. Then he got me thinking again. If that was fake, that is a really good strategy and it obviously worked. But I gotta say, I was just suspicious of that fact that I believed one of the vets were trying to pull the wool. But I doubt Beaver would have went after you unless this is some grand master plan, which I don't feel it is. I am 100% town. No way to prove it but it has to come out some time. I believe you are town too but that isn't saying much at this point when it is this obvious. 

8 minutes ago, Drums said:

You were Beaver's go-to vote until things got hot. Wonder if I should overthink that or not. 

yeah they switched to Gata after i replaced in. never got to find out if beaver and bum (and boozer - alignment unknown) would hav removed the pdxgreen vote if i hadnt replaced in OR nolder hadnt started the gata train. 

yeah i get what ur saying, in that my predecessor was consistently on beaver's "hes scummy, hes suspiciosu, hes quiet list, wishy washy  could be town or scum, could vote there" list, a safe place to park a vote on a lurker/inactive when prodded. on everey game day phase. but for the most part never an imminent lynch. 

pretty straight forward

• Upvote 1

I am going to look a little closer at Nyn. Not much to go on but the only votes I have from that person (id included) is voting for Verbal d1 and voting Beaver d6. I understand her not voting d7 but just the character in general doesn't seem great. ID was non-existent and new I think, so why did he vote Verbal d1? 

edit: bum also voted verb d1

18 hours ago, A.J. said:

Bum-Knee was pretty obviously slow playing that vote on GATA I think in the hopes someone else would vote first so he didn’t have to tying vote.

Decker stinks too. He consistently was trying to find reasons for Beaver to be Town. The SK case, the no claim, etc.

Both of these dudes need to fry and in a hurry. 2 scum left and it looks like they just got outed in a last ditch effort not to lynch their third. I respect that and no hard feelings fellas, just playing my wincon

I think I am looking at Decker and Nyn right now. Honestly Booz, you're killing me cause I can't get any type of read on you and it doesn't seem like anyone else has one either. Bastard.