Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

3 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I read a little bit I’m inexperienced and I liked what some of the pro shoot people were saying so that’s how I voted. 

I know the pro shoot people have influenced you that much is obvious I was wanting to know why exactly you went with killing another player to vett a player that can't really be reliably vetted

1 minute ago, Beaver said:

I’m knew so I’m not sure on this.   Do we know if Verbal has more than one shot?

No we don't ...I thought I picked up on subtle hint earlier but it was not really reliable. If hes wanting to shoot on day one I would say odds are he has more than 1 shot because why waste one action on a shot in the dark

2 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

As a hypothetical here, let’s say verbal is a  scum with a power like rolefinding or roleblocking. There is value for him to prolonging his lynch so he gets to gain info for his team. 

I’m not saying that’s likely but you still have to defend against it as town. Holstering is basically a way of prolonging things for what, Not wanting to shoot a townie when we could just have that townie role claim before verbal submits the shot?  

I don't like the way you are glossing over potentially outing a Town PR this early. Gross.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

I don't like the way you are glossing over potentially outing a Town PR this early. Gross.

you guys are all over the place with the probability logic. Your potential to out a true power role is 2/18 if there are just two power roles. Oh sh*t 1 in 9 shot at it. Guess i won’t take that chance (cough we literally have the same probability and lynch during the day with the same probability) but that is somehow less dangerous to you? 

4 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

As a hypothetical here, let’s say verbal is a  scum with a power like rolefinding or roleblocking. There is value for him to prolonging his lynch so he gets to gain info for his team. 

I’m not saying that’s likely but you still have to defend against it as town. Holstering is basically a way of prolonging things for what, Not wanting to shoot a townie when we could just have that townie role claim before verbal submits the shot? 

JVOR I think it's more not wanting to shoot a town power role pr Outing a town power role if they get run up in votes for the shot ....Losing a townie and possibly 3 in one day all with getting no information is a bad Idea. If verbal shoots and its confirmed .what would you label Verbal As ? Would you be 100 % sure he's a Vig ? Or would there still be questions. 

With the vote even if it ends up being Holster still give us valuable information just like a normal vote count would.

33 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

What? Why do you think scum is going to shoot him tonight? They've also have a mod-confirmed Townie, and possible Doc and Cop to worry about. With the percentages favoring Verb's shot hitting Town, why would they be so eager to kill him tonight? Not to mention that there are maybe 4-5 scum votes helping to direct the shot to make sure it doesn't hit Scum.

But, okay, I'll play your game for a second. Say Verb takes his shot, hits a likely VT, and vetts his ability. What's your play for D2. Where do we go from there?

Educationally speaking you think it’s more likely for scum to keep a townie with a power role alive as opposed to a confirmed townie with 0 killing abilities and who also asked vig to shoot him lol ? stop 

2 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Because one of you is voting to holster and adding momentum to that at a pivotal moment with some Very faulty logic. 

1. If I ask another player a direct question, don't answer for them. It skews their answer (as you should know, because you just went through the same thing with Ape) and it makes it look like you are protecting them.

2. Faulty logic? I don't want to give Scum an extra kill tonight, because that's more than likely what is going to happen, and I don't think verifying that Verb has a kill does all that much for Town right now. IMO, we'll be in the same boat we are now, but minus 1 extra Townie. Let's wait until we can make a more educated guess.

You trying to push a kill looks gross, IMO.

5 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Because one of you is voting to holster and adding momentum to that at a pivotal moment with some Very faulty logic. 

JV the only faulty Logic is shooting a player to get info on a SHooter we can't reliably Vett with the possibility of killing a Power role or Outting one.

If it was a situation where we could 100 % vett said shooter I would agree with you in what you have put forth but all we are looking at now and would be looking at tomorrow is a "shooter." What if verbal is a one time shot as scum ? Will you vett him and let him coast to end game because he shot someone? 

Explain to me How Verbal gets vetted after shooting. Also what if he is an SK ? Regardless of what you or I think in the numerous scenarios that exist how are we vetting this guy and why risk killing 2 townies in one day with a NK pending

I’ll promise to shut up if smash, crusher, and smoot dispute the math:

day phase voting on day one: 21 players to start. Ape is mod confirmed townie. 20 Total players alive for potential pool for scum. For any townie playing, you Know yourself is not scum. 19 total players alive for you to pick from. If we assume three power roles and five scum, you have: 3/19 chance at running a voting train on a power role. there is 5/19 chance at voting up scum. There is 11/19 chance you vote train a vanilla townie. 

math for a shot tonight: 2/18 voting up tonight to out a true power role if verbal is truly a vig. 10/18 we ring up a vanilla townie. 5/18 chance we ring up scum. 

so... suddenly the risk is scary for you now when presumably the probability to out a townie is less than it was on day one? Why didn’t we no lynch yesterday than if you all were so scared about that? 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

you guys are all over the place with the probability logic. Your potential to out a true power role is 2/18 if there are just two power roles. Oh sh*t 1 in 9 shot at it. Guess i won’t take that chance (cough we literally have the same probability and lynch during the day with the same probability) but that is somehow less dangerous to you? 

Than what was your point about having the player role claim, if not to protect from killing a PR? If the chances favor us hitting a VT anyway, then who the **** cares if they claim VT?

Just an FYI there’s 20 players left I have hope in town especially this early on why not out lies and get info ? Say he shoots town we get to re read said person’s interactions get a feel for any votes their way. But holstering leaves clear probability for a lie. Even if SK scum would still try to kill this person. I have more faith we can follow the clues especially since it’s Day 1. Like I said when verb revealed I thought it was premature but w.e let’s try to use this to our advantage 

6 minutes ago, GATA said:

Educationally speaking you think it’s more likely for scum to keep a townie with a power role alive as opposed to a confirmed townie with 0 killing abilities and who also asked vig to shoot him lol ? stop 

You failed to answer my question. Noted.

10 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Its day one EVERYTHING is Probability , You thinking you can Vett a shooter is just as much probability as anything else put into play here. But in your probability someone dies when they really don.t have to die.

The bottom line here is you either believe verbal or you don't you are not going to properly vett him before major damage is done if ever.

The simplicity of it is Verbal would not be stupid enough as Scum to claim Vig. That would be the single worst play he could have made by far.

3 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

day phase voting on day one: 21 players to start. Ape is mod confirmed townie. 20 Total players alive for potential pool for scum. For any townie playing, you Know yourself is not scum. 19 total players alive for you to pick from. If we assume three power roles and five scum, you have: 3/19 chance at running a voting train on a power role. there is 5/19 chance at voting up scum. There is 11/19 chance you vote train a vanilla townie. 

math for a shot tonight: 2/18 voting up tonight to out a true power role if verbal is truly a vig. 10/18 we ring up a vanilla townie. 5/18 chance we ring up scum. 

so... suddenly the risk is scary for you now when presumably the probability to out a townie is less than it was on day one? Why didn’t we no lynch yesterday than if you all were so scared about that? 

JV I never disputed the math all Im disputing is there is no way to vett verbal and it be trustworthy so my argument is why even bring the MAth into something I deem to be a bad decision based on how the game functions ?

Like I said I would rather you give me a sur fire way to Vett verbal rather than throw math at me I already know

41 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

What? Why do you think scum is going to shoot him tonight? They've also have a mod-confirmed Townie, and possible Doc and Cop to worry about. With the percentages favoring Verb's shot hitting Town, why would they be so eager to kill him tonight? Not to mention that there are maybe 4-5 scum votes helping to direct the shot to make sure it doesn't hit Scum.

But, okay, I'll play your game for a second. Say Verb takes his shot, hits a likely VT, and vetts his ability. What's your play for D2. Where do we go from there?

9 minutes ago, GATA said:

Looks like a non-answer to me.

16 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

You right  

unvote holster vote shoot JVOR 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I know the pro shoot people have influenced you that much is obvious I was wanting to know why exactly you went with killing another player to vett a player that can't really be reliably vetted

My thought process is that of verbal shoots he most likely kills a VT. Not a huge hit, but if we hit someone who’s scum then great. I’m willing to take the risk of him shooting a town member or a member of the mob. 

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

JV I never disputed the math all Im disputing is there is no way to vett verbal and it be trustworthy so my argument is why even bring the MAth into something I deem to be a bad decision based on how the game functions ?

Like I said I would rather you give me a sur fire way to Vett verbal rather than throw math at me I already know

Curious, do you think i’m scum or do you think i’m townie with bad logic or neutral? 

@Spoot-Face  and crusher ask the same At this point. 

Just now, JustEndTheSuffering said:

My thought process is that of verbal shoots he most likely kills a VT. Not a huge hit, but if we hit someone who’s scum then great. I’m willing to take the risk of him shooting a town member or a member of the mob. 

Chances are he's not hitting Scum, and we're only giving them an extra NK.

45 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Thought you were just blabbering...

D2 read death scene(s) 

as I mentioned on my previous reply see interactions. Even reactions from this night phase are giving information 

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I don't give a **** about the math.

I don't think the benefits of confirming whether or not Verb CAN shoot, and not his alignment, are worth the price of an extra dead Townie, PR or not.

You're just giving Scum an extra NK.

Nope, please answer the question about the math disputing the statement : i’m worried about outing a town power role. 

and the conflict of this statement: there is lower probability we out a power role tonight than on day one. 

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Chances are he's not hitting Scum, and we're only giving them an extra NK.

Unless you know right now he is about to hit town we still have a chance at hitting scum why are you so quick to just assume it’s a vt

5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I don't give a **** about the math.

I don't think the benefits of confirming whether or not Verb CAN shoot, and not his alignment, are worth the price of an extra dead Townie, PR or not.

You're just giving Scum an extra NK.

^ I mean you’re so sure it’s an extra NK are you scum? 

Just now, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Curious, do you think i’m scum or do you think i’m townie with bad logic or neutral? 

@Spoot-Face  and crusher ask the same At this point. 

It's starting to look that way to me, yes.

1. You insist on there being an extra kill tonight, even though you agree that it'll most likely be Town who gets got.

2. You answered a question for Gata (who I'm know looking at as Scum) even though you JUST chided Ape for basically doing the same god damn thing.

3. You glossed over the potential of outing a Town PR, when YOU were the one who suggested that anyone getting the shot from Verb can just role claim.

4. I think you're obfuscating with numbers here, when that's not really the point, and ignoring other arguments.

• Haha 1