Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

44 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I think it was a post by you that pinged. You or dels

Ape I have a question for you. Since everyone thinks verbal should shoot someone to vett himself should we shoot you since we know youre vanilla town and wont risk shooting or outing a power role ?

12 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Ape I have a question for you. Since everyone thinks verbal should shoot someone to vett himself should we shoot you since we know youre vanilla town and wont risk shooting or outing a power role ?

Verbal shooting someone does NOT vet him at all. Veteran players should know this full well and if any are arguing it does vet him, they’re stupid or scum.

If verbal cannot holster, then he should shoot me to ensure he doesn’t hit a power role, if y’all aren’t confident he can find scum on his own.

There are countless scenarios for why this doesn’t vet him. Make some of these clowns explain how it does. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Verbal shooting someone does NOT vet him at all. Veteran players should know this full well and if any are arguing it does vet him, they’re stupid or scum.

If verbal cannot holster, then he should shoot me to ensure he doesn’t hit a power role, if y’all aren’t confident he can find scum on his own.

There are countless scenarios for why this doesn’t vet him. Make some of these clowns explain how it does. 

Gawd I missed enjoying the mafia goodness with you. 

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Unshoot Smash

If there’s some possibility we’re missing something aside from the serial killer/scum-version vigilante scenarios I’d like to know that before deciding

Just now, jvill 51 said:

Unshoot Smash

If there’s some possibility we’re missing something aside from the serial killer/scum-version vigilante scenarios I’d like to know that before deciding

And Jesus ******* Christ there better not be I’ve had about 4 too many whiskeys to think through another one

34 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Thank you I've been trying to explain the role but getting pinged for it :)

Also why it would be stupid to claim the role as scum

At work for my last check in for the night, if sh*t changes please up date this ridiculous vote

Verbals Shot:

Verbal (1) Brickhouse

Smash (1) JOVR, 

Holster (2) Crusher, Smash

Majority gets Shot. I guess we should bold our votes just like a real vote.

The Moderator does not approve this message. :)

**** Him

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

The value of your role is that you’re not getting lynched and that your alignment is a guarantee town vote.

You are suggesting, if verbal is town, he does the dirty work for mafia by shooting you. You realize mafia has to eat it and shoot you at some point if Verbal is telling the truth as town. That’s one night THEY would have to spend in this scenario letting a potential cop or doc get to live a night. 

If Verbal is scum faking vig, let’s say tomorrow rolls around and you are the only dead body. What does that tell us exactly? Scumverbal in this scenario can claim oops guess the result was inconclusive help me pick a target tomorrow guys. 

Also, for the math: if verbal is town vig, let’s assume 4 or 5 scum as the standard is typically around 25 percent scum roughly speaking. Since he doesn’t have himself or ape in a sane world as scum targets, he actually has a 5/18 or 4/18 blind probability of shooting scum tonight.

Let’s say there is Two power roles other than Vig in this game. That is 2/18 random probability he shoots power role. that would leave in general 11/18 chance in a five scum setup he shoots vanilla townie. 

this is mafia guys. First of all there is no blind random possibility because this is a game about information. You are educated guessing with information at hand to help guide your decision. As town there will never be a decision where vig could shoot into a majority of scum since  they’d have already achieved their win condition. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Unshoot Smash

Please... they spend all this time giving us a million scenarios as to why things are what they want us to believe. However, they choose to be vague and half-assed here. The shot must be taken. Or there is a blatant lie.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Please... they spend all this time giving us a million scenarios as to why things are what they want us to believe. However, they choose to be vague and half-assed here. The shot must be taken. Or there is a blatant lie.

Wow for the newb to understand this ??????

8 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Lol yup shoot the one town confirmed role ???

& give mafia a free open shot at anyone else 

?? ok

35 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I think crusher and smash voting to holster after i’ve detailed the rationale as to why it is objectively bad for town should tell you all you really need to know as to who should be shot/lynched first imo. 

I have zero issue breaking down further why this is the case if anybody is confused. 

I know you can rationalize what you think is the way to go and it’s an option. Personally and I’ve explained this  I feel it’s smarter to get the shooting pool down to a more reasonable size before taking the shot. If we use your scum makes up 25% of the game then he has close to a 75% chance of shooting town right now. If we go with the consensus method of shooting tonight we literally have as little info to go on that we will the entire game. Not saying waiting till end got  but a couple nights to get a better Idea of who is you and the percentage Of a good shot go’s up. 

You wanting to shoot now and potentially double the kill per day and night time makes me worry about you. You acting like Smash and I are somehow scum fur disagreeing with you makes me consider Verbal  shooting you instead of holstering. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

The value of your role is that you’re not getting lynched and that your alignment is a guarantee town vote.

You are suggesting, if verbal is town, he does the dirty work for mafia by shooting you. You realize mafia has to eat it and shoot you at some point if Verbal is telling the truth as town. That’s one night THEY would have to spend in this scenario letting a potential cop or doc get to live a night. 

If Verbal is scum faking vig, let’s say tomorrow rolls around and you are the only dead body. What does that tell us exactly? Scumverbal in this scenario can claim oops guess the result was inconclusive help me pick a target tomorrow guys. 

Also, for the math: if verbal is town vig, let’s assume 4 or 5 scum as the standard is typically around 25 percent scum roughly speaking. Since he doesn’t have himself or ape in a sane world as scum targets, he actually has a 5/18 or 4/18 blind probability of shooting scum tonight.

Let’s say there is Two power roles other than Vig in this game. That is 2/18 random probability he shoots power role. that would leave in general 11/18 chance in a five scum setup he shoots vanilla townie. 

this is mafia guys. First of all there is no blind random possibility because this is a game about information. You are educated guessing with information at hand to help guide your decision. As town there will never be a decision where vig could shoot into a majority of scum since  they’d have already achieved their win condition. 

Yup. I know. Take a deep breath. 

Neither JVOR or Crshers plan here can be framed as “wrong”. It just comes down to what you want to learn and when.

For the newbies: there are roles that can block and redirect kills. Telling verbal who to shoot and it happening only proves he can shoot. Not his alignment.

Frankly, we should focus less on vetting verbal right now, and more on analyzing d1 play. Verb is box into a reveal. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

@Jets Voice of Reason

Let me ask. Is it weird to you that you’d explain this, then Gatapoop would echo it in this way?

I’d like to see it play out first. The echoing Itself in a vacuum isn’t suspicious.

Her not picking a candidate while making the statements she is was making me want to observe It further. But thanks for jumping in and calling her out on it before there’s a whole lot of evidence to go off of. 

What holster equates to is you guys saying: hey, let’s no lynch during day phase cause we might run up town and i don’t want to take that risk. 

the percentages are exactly the same. No holstering if vig was hidden is a viable strategy. If verbal is town and is role revealed, the strategy changes since we can basically do the same thing At night phase in an organized way. 

1 hour ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I think crusher and smash voting to holster after i’ve detailed the rationale as to why it is objectively bad for town should tell you all you really need to know as to who should be shot/lynched first imo. 

I have zero issue breaking down further why this is the case if anybody is confused. 

So we have to listen to your rational but you don't listen to the fact claiming Vig and being scum is ridiculous. So verbal, a long time Vet of the game would make such a stupid move when He could have claimed Doc or Cop and outed a power roles for his team. Just because you say you Detailed Rationale does not make it correct not by a long shot.

Ape explained, as did I, that there is no way Verbal will be Vetted with a shot since he could have numerous other roles. That being said if he shoots townie how on earth are you going to vet him ? You will be in the same place you are right now not knowing a damn thing and town could very possibly be down a power role or out a power role based on the shoot vote.

This is a terrible percentage play all the way around on so many levels. If this was based on the only role in question being the Vig I would agree with some of your original posts but this is simply not the case here.

17 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Dude you are the absolute worst you are overly dramatic make subtle changes in what people say to fit your narrative and thats whats totally disgusting.  I'm sure people can go back and read that I NEVER said Verbal was NOT asking for Doc protection HE DID ask for it but he was not pushing it to the level you were trying to sell.

I also made it clear I was posting scenarios to help some of the new players yet you chose to ignore that and once again lie to fit your narrative.

You do this with me every single game we play and it becomes infuriating. Other players have acknowledged exactly what I was doing yet you keep on. 

So I didn't like the fact you were all over verbal and once again being overly dramatic then decided to vote spoot because of one post. maybe if you tone it down a bit and stop acting like a damn town crier I would not have went in the direction I did. Just sayin. 

In addition to everything else I've pointed out about Smash, he's not asking me to "tone it down".

Let me repeat that; he's asking me to tone down on my scum hunting and being passionate about my reads. 

Very town friendly gesture indeed. 

17 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

So early in the game it's not a good idea to shoot but if verbal wants to vet himself at the possible expense of shooting town thats a bad play to which verbal alluded to himself . 

According to JIF and Verbal Im a prime candidate because I tried to help new players by putting numerous scenarios out there to help the learning process and somehow that's scummy and I disagreed with JIF which always gets him to vote me in just about every single game we play . If he can play the Meta game on me I can play it on him as well.

Keep in mind the ONLY thing a shot proves is that Verbal has a gun and the ability to shoot it DOES NOT make him 100 % town since there are other 3rd party roles (SK) and even scum roles that allow players to get shot dead and they are not out of the question in a 20 player game.

Spin.  Creating a narrative.  I'm not suspicious of you because of helping newbies, I clearly stated why I've been suspicious and suddenly all the point I made you're parroting, this is laughable at this point. 

9 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I’d like to see it play out first. The echoing Itself in a vacuum isn’t suspicious.

Her not picking a candidate while making the statements she is was making me want to observe It further. But thanks for jumping in and calling her out on it before there’s a whole lot of evidence to go off of. 

?I made the poll,  & gave my Reasons why. Currently, there’s only a handful of us talking id like to see more from everyone else before casting my vote. 

Idc what you want to call out do it.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

My vote is to shoot JIF he's the guy I was voting 

I thought you were a percentages guy (remember when I called out D1 how you werent using those and you're the most risk averse player in the game) and now you want to shoot me.

lmfao

But i'm the one all over the place.

lmfao

15 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

FWIW JIF was Observing this thread for the last 40 MIN posted nothing and now has left the thread.

Take that as you will but thats why I chose him along with his drama 

You have to be kidding me.  On Friday night I was reading and not posting.  Are you suggesting I'm scared of posting?

lololololololololololol

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I thought you were a percentages guy (remember when I called out D1 how you werent using those and you're the most risk averse player in the game) and now you want to shoot me.

lmfao

But i'm the one all over the place.

lmfao

Keep reading Sparky you'll get there