SOJF Slur - Kettle ......

JetsLife

15 minutes ago, jgb said:

Again, we can be hopeful about the finish without being convinced of it.

Those who are hopeful about the finish don't still scream for Gase's head and claim that Darnold is a bust.  Those are the SOJF's stuck in Week 4 with their irresponsible airplanes, pretending that Luke Falk, Karre Vedvik, and mononucleosis never happened.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

Which is why you’re correct when someone who predicted 7 wins is wrong, right?

Show me where you predicted 7-9 with Darnold missing a month, 4/5 of our OL out or playing in the wrong position, the #32 rushing offense, and Mosley, Enunwa, and Herndon out for the entire season.

Just paste that prediction right here.  Because I don't remember it.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Show me where you predicted 7-9 with Darnold missing a month, 4/5 of our OL out or playing in the wrong position, the #32 rushing offense, and Mosley, Enunwa, and Herndon out for the entire season.

Just paste that prediction right here.  Because I don't remember it.

SAR I

Image result for reporter rain

"My prediction of sun today would've been correct if only there were less clouds."

• Haha 1

Just now, jgb said:

So your premise is that correct predictions don't count if you don't show your work. But wrong predictions are correct because... stuff happened. Ok, Homerbot. 

Not at all.

Like everyone else, my prediction was based on a healthy team with the typical amount of NFL injuries.  1 or 2 players missing significant time.  1 or 2 players on IR.  The usual.  This season turned out to be anything but usual in the injury department.

So if you predicted 7-9 uninjured your prediction was wrong.  Because 7-9 uninjured translates to 3-13 in our condition.  My 11-5 got reduced to 7-9 because of injuries, your 7-9 gets reduced to 3-13 because of injuries.

SOJF's.  They never learn.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Not at all.

Like everyone else, my prediction was based on a healthy team with the typical amount of NFL injuries.  1 or 2 players missing significant time.  1 or 2 players on IR.  The usual.  This season turned out to be anything but usual in the injury department.

So if you predicted 7-9 uninjured your prediction was wrong.  Because 7-9 uninjured translates to 3-13 in our condition.  My 11-5 got reduced to 7-9 because of injuries, your 7-9 gets reduced to 3-13 because of injuries.

SOJF's.  They never learn.

SAR I

When's the last time you were invited to a party that didn't involve your parents and one of these?

Image result for cookie puss cake

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Analysis is fine.  But all that analysis said is that the Jets played some lesser teams.

It said quite a bit more, matter of fact.  

That analysis doesn't take into account that the Jets were worse than all the teams being analyzed.

By what metrics?  Other than your own personal opinion, of course.

That's what SOJF's do.  Twist everything into a pretzel that says "Jets Suck" instead of giving them credit for some nice accomplishments.

And that's what Trolls and Homers do.  They ignore any analysis that doesn't suit the agenda of "we're awesome and on the cusp of a title!" instead of accepting and understanding all the facts and figures objectively, as they are.  Good and bad.

I mean ffs SAR, do we need more of your posts claiming Sam Darnold, today, is the 2nd best QB in the AFC?  I mean seriously dude.

They can't sleep well at night if the Jets are successful.  Too scary a thought.

If you say so, I can't speak for others, but I'd sleep just fine after a title. 

The night the Nats won the World Series, I slept like a baby.

Ravens had 11 cake games.  The Jets had 0.

Ravens SOS was 0.05.  The Jets was -1.12.

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

I appreciate your game-by-game analysis.  My responses:

1.  All the games mentioned in the 6-2 finish featured the Jets in a terrible roster position due to illness and injury and games against teams whose rosters were stronger than ours on the days we played them.  Regardless of record, the Jets were the worst team in the league when we played the Bengals and Dolphins.  So to say you are disappointed in some losses and expected some wins is quite a bit of revisionist history.  I don't remember you predicting anything like that stretch after 1-7.  Most had expectations of 2-6, not 6-2.

2.  The Patriots and Bills made the playoffs with the same schedule, and the Ravens schedule was even easier.  I didn't hear any chatter about those three AFC teams "undeserving" of a playoff berth.  The Bills have only beaten 1 decent team in the last 2 years-  the Titans, twice.  The Jets aren't far behind the teams we're competing with for the playoffs next year.  If you look at all the injured players coming back, we surely have the most upside.

3.  The Jets 2020 schedule features just as many weak teams, most of them at home-  Dolphins, Dolphins, Bills, Bills, Broncos, Raiders, Cardinals, Browns, Chargers, Rams, Colts.  That's 11 games that one can easily argue the Jets should be able to win based on this year's beat-up team alone; imagine what could happen next year when totally healthy.

I can't say I recall what my prediction was after the 1-7 start, but unquestionably, it wasn't 6-2.  Record-wise, we were better than I expected down the stretch.  That said, in a season that is already over, some people, myself included, are going to value performance over record.  So, while I was surprised that they ended up 6-2, I can't say I was terribly surprised by quality of play on the field.  The Raiders game being the notable exception.  Rarely did this look like a good football team for 60-minutes.  As such, any expectations that they'll become one going forward is hope.  Which is, again, fine.  But my point is that there's no good reason to begrudge those who don't share your optimism, because it's not based on what actually happened.

I'm not sure what the Bills and Pats, nor the Ravens had to do with this.  This conversation is about looking at the second half of the 2019 Jets season, and projecting what it means for the team going forward.  That said, maybe the Bills are the perfect example.  You're predicting a fall for them, no?  Had the Jets gone 10-6 this year with a playoff berth, it seems unlikely you'd be predicting that same fall.  Rather, "can you believe we went 10-6 this year?  We're going to the AFC Championship next year!"  So, why will the Bills fall, but the Jets rise?  Likely because you believe that Darnold will continue to improve, and Josh Allen has peaked, which is also sort of wishful thinking.  Not impossible, maybe not improbable, but again, sort of baseless in the "objective reality" portion of the conversation.  As for injuries, we're basically getting back a pair of ILBs, one of which we'll probably release, and a tight end.  Who else did we lose that's coming back to make a meaningful impact?  Enunwa?  Wishful thinking as he's now missed two full seasons, essentially.  Winters?  He's kind of toast at this point, no?

No sense going back and forth on your list of winnable games, because every one of those games listed has the Jets circled as a winnable game.

As Jets fans, we've seen this team fall to pieces after falling out of contention, its expected at this point.  Combine that with the amount of new guys on the team, the pricey free agents on the team, the airplanes, the banners, the NYDN hit pieces, it's a major accomplishment for Gase that he was able to keep the team together and rally them to many victories.  Half the battle as an NFL head coach is culture and motivation; Gase has got that down.  We're good there.

We've also seen the team win countless meaningless games to screw up our draft position.  So, I think this is a bit overblown.  I'm by no means suggesting they should have lost at the end of the year this year, because if we believe we have a QB (you're sold, many are too, I'm not, as many aren't), we need to win.  Again, I think motivation also comes from guys who were actually out there on the field playing for contracts.  Most of them were.  So, while I'm not on the fire Gase side of the argument, I'm not crowning him for this accomplishment.

Stop with the full-season stats.  They're meaningless.  Mono ruined Darnold that first half not just physically, but in learning the new system, bonding with ever-changing receivers, no running game, etc.  We should all be able to agree that the last 8 games are far more indicative of the Gase/Darnold future than the first 8 games.  Sam essentially missed 4 of them.  Then he rushed back for a bad trip to Florida and destruction against the Patriots.  The last 8 games, Sam looked comfortable, Gase made good adjustments, and 15 TD's, 4 INT's, 93.3 QBR is very solid, considering what happened earlier in the year.

Yes, but the last 8 games also come with the caveat of the schedule.  While Darnold did improve his efficency, he also threw for under 200 yards twice, and over 300 only once.  So, while yes, there are things to point to, there's really nothing there that suggests top tier QB performance, especially when you consider who the opponents were (which included 4 of 5 bottom pass defenses per FO, with WAS not much better).  Yes, it's good that he was able to limit the INTs, but the total performances still hinge on a hope that they get much better, if he's going to succeed going forward.  Again, hope, not evidence.

I see it differently.  I saw Sam and Adam working well together, learning the system, getting on the same page with the worst OL and rushing attack in the league.  Clearly we will be better next season.  Fully rebuilt OL?  No, but better than this year, at least to the league average, that's a realistic expectation.  The ST's will be fixed with a competent kicker.  The D looks really good and will only improve with all the hurt guys we have coming back.  The road schedule is tricky, the home schedule is easier than this year's. 

The good things we saw in the last 8 games far outweigh the bad things we saw in the first 8 games.  Momentum does matter year-over-year.  Not a single coach is leaving.  Not a single player is backstabbing in the press.  Players coming into camp will feel comfortable and a proud of the finish.  Free agents will see an enthusiastic Florham Park culture based on actual results, not some Pollyanna vision.  The corner has been turned.  It's Joe D's turn to do his job.  I'm confident he will.

Fine.  The point isn't how you see it, how I see it, or how anyone sees it.  The point is that there's plenty of actual, football reasons to be reserved regarding your expectations of what this team will do next year.  It doesn't make someone intentionally pessimistic not to buy all of the hype you're selling.

And, I would like to see some evidence of this momentum claim.  Because I don't think it exists.

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

That said, maybe the Bills are the perfect example.  You're predicting a fall for them, no?  Had the Jets gone 10-6 this year with a playoff berth, it seems unlikely you'd be predicting that same fall. 

His reasoning is--and I'm not kidding--that the Bills are a paper tiger because they beat up on lowly competition but that the Jets have demonstrated nascent greatness because they beat up on lowly competition. It is rank homerism that he doesn't even try to hide. And that's not the problem. The problem is the outrageous vitriol he spews at others who don't share his view. Quite frankly, it's gone way over the line of acceptable discourse. He's lucky this site takes a very liberal view on bannings.

Love debating the Jets with anyone and had some fun "battles" with lots of homers here. My favorite was the guy who predicted the Jets record at the beginning of the reason, let's say 10-6, but then in each game thread he guaranteed a win. I called him out and he just said "lol I can't imagine believing the Jets will lose any given week." (anyone remember @BwanaZulia?) It was fun and it was light. But this guy SAR--especially when you add in the Gase-ian "I'm rich" crowing--is just utterly insufferable.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

His reasoning is--and I'm not kidding--that the Bills are a paper tiger because they beat up on lowly competition but that the Jets have demonstrated nascent greatness because they beat up on lowly competition. It is rank homerism that he doesn't even try to hide. And that's not the problem. The problem is the outrageous vitriol he spews at others who don't share his view. Quite frankly, it's gone way over the line of acceptable discourse. He's lucky this site takes a very liberal view on bannings.

Love debating the Jets with anyone and had some fun "battles" with lots of homers here. My favorite was the guy who predicted the Jets record at the beginning of the reason, let's say 10-6, but then in each game thread he guaranteed a win. I called him out and he just said "lol I can't imagine believing the Jets will lose any given week." (anyone remember @BwanaZulia?) It was fun and it was light. But this guy SAR--especially when you add in the Gase-ian "I'm rich" crowing--is just utterly insufferable.

I'm not a homer with my own children, hard to imagine why I'd be one with this abomination of a franchise.  "At least they're not the Knicks" is about all I've got here.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In SAR's alternate Universe world, we swept the Bills in 2019.  And it does not matter at all that they rested their starters in Week 17.  

That's all you need to know about his opinion.  It's absolutely worthless.  

Reminds me of nico's complaints of not taking an analytical view of Dahnalds stats. If you'd only be more analytical when choosing which numbers to ignore we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Comical 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

Not a fan of analysis, eh?

@TeddEY deserves an award for his posts in this thread IMO. Bravo mate.

Yes, I hate the over use of them, without any context.

6-2 is 6-2.  No amount of analytics will change it.  

The Pats were undefeated early this season playing an easier schedule than those 8 games

No one, not Pats fans, no one really cared

Only Jets fans, in a SOJF thread, will dissect 6-2 to tell me how it really wasn't 6-2.  How their 13-35 team really didn't improve with that finish.  You can look at it anyway you want, I'm not bitching over 6-2.  We could just as early finished with abother 1, 2 or 3 wins. 

Do I think all 6 out of 8 runs are equal?  No.  Do I complain about it and talk about how meaningless it is?  Hell no.  Of course not but also not the point. 

But as we were saying earlier, everyone has their opinions, can interpret what it means in their own way

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yes, I hate the over use of them, without any context.

6-2 is 6-2.  

The Pats were undefeated early this season playing an easier schedule than those 8 games

Only Jets fans, in a SOJF thread, will dissect 6-2 to tell me how it really wasn't 6-2.  How their 13-35 team really didn't improve with that finish.  You can look at it anyway you want, I'm not bitching over 6-2.

Do I think all 6 out of 8 runs are equal?  No.  Do I complain about it and talk about how meaningless it is?  Hell no.  

You really have to respect the irony and humor of it all.  And as we said, everyone has their opinions.

So what does the 6-2 finish mean to you?

And what does it imply for 2020, specifically?

27 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So what does the 6-2 finish mean to you?

And what does it imply for 2020, specifically?

That they ended the season winning 6 of their last 8.

Until they do it on a regular basis, not a hell of a lot.  I don't think it means a thing for the next year other than the players are a bit more confident or buy in more than before

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

That they ended the season winning 6 of their last 8.

Until they do it on a regular basis, not a hell of a lot.  I don't think it means a thing for the next year other than the players are a bit more confident or buy in more than before

Ah.  Ok.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

6-2 is 6-2.  No amount of analytics will change it.  

Only Jets fans, in a SOJF thread, will dissect 6-2 to tell me how it really wasn't 6-2.

SOJF’s being SOJF’s. 

Sad, isn’t it?

SAR I

3 hours ago, CTM said:

Indeed, SARONE

You keep making this point which fundamentally illustrates your misunderstanding of fandom and why you are such a brainlocked SOJF.

Regimes change, fortunes change, seasons change.  2016 was an acceptable year for a Jets fan to be angry.  Coming off a 10 win season, Fitzpatrick was resigned and awful, Bowles was a sham  2014 another acceptable year to be angry.  Geno exposed, Ryan on his deathbed.  2019 different story.  Awful pile of injuries and illness, 1-7 disaster, 6-2 triumph.  Turnaround, not collapse.  Head coach respected, not ignored.  Young quarterback on the rise, not old and edging retirement.  GM on the same page with the staff, not with a misaligned agenda.

I hated the majority of the Edwards, Ryan, and Bowles years, they sucked for the most part.  Fly a plane for Idzik?  I'm with you completely.  But a few years and offseasons here and there have been optimistic, have been exciting.  A good fan reads the tea leaves and rides the ups and downs, just like the actual team does.  A good fan shows some patience.  A good fan understands rebuilding and development.

A SOJF never changes his spots.  Is always down in the dumps.  Is Eeyore.  Whoa is me.  Pity me.  All my sports teams suck.  Bury me in all my favorite colors.

Enough already.  2020 is going to be good.  Stop trying to bring the rest of us down to your depressed level.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You keep making this point which fundamentally illustrates your misunderstanding of fandom and why you are such a brainlocked SOJF.

The original post is about those who call others SOJF are really SOJF themselves projecting 

You seem like a good candidate if op is correct. Based on my 10+ years here on these boards a SOJF to me is someone who allows thier expectations to exceed reality every offseason, over reacts to short term swings good and bad, and when reality inevitably trumps expectations wallow in misery and negativity.  They also seem to develop weird obsessions with certain players and will defend them relentlessly and at the expense of the rest of the team.

But really given your penchant for trolling and championing contrarian view points,  the Gase love affair with you is likely just that. It's fun to watch frankly as I too enjoy how upset Gase makes people.

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

The original post is about those who call others SOJF are really SOJF themselves projecting 

A SOJF never changes his spots.  Is 100% downtrodden 100% of the time.  Identifies as a victim. 

Myself as an ORJF roll with the punches, call it like I see it.  Punt Carroll too quickly, I'm angry.  Keep Testaverde too long, I'm angry.  Keep Ryan too long, I'm angry.  But that's where it ends-  just anger, not a victim.  And can take joy in seasons and offseasons where we may not make the playoffs but I can see that the team is doing things the right way.  That's what ORJF's do.

The "projecting" in these parts are people like you who cannot comprehend why any Jets fan would be excited after this season.  It's mind-boggling to us how you could be so negative.  And that's fine, do whatever you like in the comfort of your own home.  Just stop trying to bring the rest of us down to your depressed level.  Yankees fans don't behave this way.  Rangers fans don't behave this way.  Sell your Mets poison elsewhere.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

A SOJF never changes his spots.  Is 100% downtrodden 100% of the time.  Identifies as a victim. 

Myself as an ORJF roll with the punches, call it like I see it.  Punt Carroll too quickly, I'm angry.  Keep Testaverde too long, I'm angry.  Keep Ryan too long, I'm angry.  But that's where it ends-  just anger, not a victim.  And can take joy in seasons and offseasons where we may not make the playoffs but I can see that the team is doing things the right way.  That's what ORJF's do.

The "projecting" in these parts are people like you who cannot comprehend why any Jets fan would be excited after this season.  It's mind-boggling to us how you could be so negative.  And that's fine, do whatever you like in the comfort of your own home.  Just stop trying to bring the rest of us down to your depressed level.  Yankees fans don't behave this way.  Rangers fans don't behave this way.  Sell your Mets poison elsewhere.

SAR I

What the hell are you rambling about. 

The jets dont make me angry or miserable, this is a distraction from real life. Entertainment. No more, no less. I get as mad about this team as I do when I see a bad movie.

Grow up. You are so tied to this team emotionally that you are on some kind of quest to convince others (and yourself)  that you are not a SOJF but something called an ORJF. Who cares. I was like that too, when I was 16. Its time you become an adult Sartoon.

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CTM said:

The jets dont make me angry or miserable, this is a distraction from real life. Entertainment. No more, no less. I get as mad about this team as I do when I see a bad movie.

Grow up. You are so tied to this team emotionally that you are on some kind of quest to convince others (and yourself)  that you are not a SOJF but something called an ORJF. Who cares. I was like that too, when I was 16. Its time you become an adult Sartoon.

I hope he's still under warranty before a malfunction kills us all.

26 minutes ago, CTM said:

That's exactly what a SOJF would say.  You see this, don't you?

SAR I

27 minutes ago, CTM said:

SOJF

• Haha 2

On 2/12/2020 at 3:28 PM, SAR I said:

Those who are hopeful about the finish don't still scream for Gase's head and claim that Darnold is a bust.  Those are the SOJF's stuck in Week 4 with their irresponsible airplanes, pretending that Luke Falk, Karre Vedvik, and mononucleosis never happened.

SAR I

You’re undefeated against straw men 

• Haha 1