Kingmaker Signups - closed

Ok, folks, this is a unique mafia game - Kingmaker.

Kingmaker is a mafia game variant with an open setup.

The game is very non-traditional, and has several rule changes.  The biggest is that the town does not vote on their lynch choice.  Instead, there is a player called the Kingmaker that chooses a player each night to become King.  During the following day phase, the appointed King listens to the erst of the players in the thread and eventually decides who he will kill.  The King's lynch choice ends the day.  Night kills are handled normally.

Any player, including the Assassins, the mafia group trying to take over the town, can be King.  The Kingmaker's goal is therefore to identify pro-town players and crown them King over the Assassins.

Kingmaker may contain other roles unique to its variant.  The Hero is a pro-town role that, when targeted for a kill by the King, survives and kills the King instead.  An outed Hero may not become King.  Other roles are the Knight, who protects a player from being nightkilled (similar to a Doc), and the Anarchist, who can overthrow the King once per game to bring about democracy for one day (normal majority lynch).  There may even be a Backup to the Kingmaker, depending on the size of the game.  Once there is no Kingmaker, the game reverts back to a normal majority lynch.

Do you have what it takes to save the kingdom?

Roster:

1.  Nolder

2.  Barry

3.  Stark

4.  Drums

5.  80

6.  Dr. Crushlove

7.  GATA

8.  Spoot

9.  CTM

10.  Decker

11.  Pac

12.  Kdels

13.  JiF

14.  Greece

15.  Leelou

16.  Nyn

17.  Jvill

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

43 minutes ago, Nolder said:

But not 19?

Eh, I don't like the balance with 19+ tbh.

12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I really wanted to play in next game but I'm not sure I can play this game without wanting to murder or ban you. Probably both. 

I promise it is not a bastard game, that will be the one after this that I mod.  Once all the noobs are feeling good about their mafia skillz, I'll present a bastard game that will either get a new "punch verb in the face for a dollar" thread, or they'll outright delete their JN accounts.  :-)

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^ Says the guy who ran Capture the Fag, one of the worst games in Mafia history.  

Every genius has a miss for going too bold...Capture the Flag was mine.  I can own it.  The shame is, you dulards are so focused on my one miss, you forget my legendary games like; Land of Fat and Happy, Matrix and Holy Matrimony followed with well rounded fun games like Tombstone, Daredevil, Young Guns, Outsiders.  Just amazing games that get no respect because of one miss by an otherwise genius. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Every genius has a miss for going too bold...Capture the Flag was mine.  I can own it.  The shame is, you dulards are so focused on my one miss, you forget my legendary games like; Land of Fat and Happy, Matrix and Holy Matrimony followed with well rounded fun games like Tombstone, Daredevil, Young Guns, Outsiders.  Just amazing games that get no respect because of one miss by an otherwise genius. 

We don't forget the good games.  It's just more fun to make fun of you for the bad one.  You don't need the ego boost.  

17 minutes ago, JiF said:

Holy Matrimony game should forgive a dozen capture the flag games. 

• Sympathy 1