Kingmaker Mafia - Game Over, Scum Win!

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nolder:  Best if lynched on Wednesdays.  Sleepy.  Prone to missing practices and games.  Hates dogs.  Once was lynched as a horse.  

I need to clarify something here.

I don't hate dogs. I hate ugly dogs.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

LeeLou, your grace, allow to offer my explanation for why Pac should indeed be the choice to be sent to the gallows or, better yet, have his head stuck on a pike.

As you will clearly observe, if you have not already, he possesses an extremely unearned sense of bravado that will only grow, for reasons that defy explanation, as the game progresses. His ego threatens to swallow your reign whole, and Pac himself is no stranger to swallowing things whole given his clearly projection-driven penchant to give everyone an objectively horrendous nickname based on homosexuality or phallic objects.

I imagine that should your reign at some point end and you join the rank of the peasants, you will rue the day you decided to let him survive. Should the kingmaker inexplicably name Pac king, we will all undoubtedly be subjected to a king that makes Joffrey look like George Washington without the slaves.

Also, he sucks.

Vote Pac

This is better than the Ape Case when he was town confirmed lmaoooooo

• Upvote 2

I am bored and read last game's D1, mostly because this game's mechanics are unusual. My eyes... Just kidding, it was just 25 pages. Will read the rest of the game piece-by-piece as the current game progresses ... I had forgotten everything about this game except who prevailed.

What's interesting to me is that near the end of Day 1, JIF asked DPR-King (not confirmed town) to provide his own Top 3 and argue about them. Not much support for JIF from what I could tell. Pac, Lily, and Lizzie apparently also supported the same general idea ->

Lizard King wrote: "Pac, Lily, and me originally, are on the right track by forcing the king to argue who is he going to kill and why. That is how we get the most knowledge about the town out. I've only been advocating for it the whole time and I'm glad that others are starting to pick up on it."  

Throughout the day, DPR posted his detailed reads twice. <Calder, Pac, Nyn> looked to be his early top 3 suspects list, but hard to tell at that point how serious he was.

Final Vote Count (18 total players) didn't go very far. Top vote-getter was only 5 (Calder), with two others at 3 (Hallia, Decker). Without majority lynch, apathy eventually set in pretty quickly with numerous complaints ... although, DPR-King only took maybe 2-3 IRL days to make his decision. Eventually, DPR did go with the top vote-getter (Calder)

Random notes:  I quoted a bunch of random stuff  for lulz. 4 years later, most of the jokes are the same - Phish, Blockhead, Pac, Ape even when he's not playing, Virgin, Fat, Twink, Hippie, Lucid Hess, Klecko sighting, etc. 

Sorry, this is a bit of a mess. Thoughts? Other than wanting to shower this post with DELETE THIS emojis, that is. :P 

On 5/23/2016 at 9:47 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Time and time again
What you said ain't what you mean
Even if all my bones are broken
I will drag myself back from the edge to

Kill the King, The King is dead, Long live the King

Kill the King, The King is dead, Long live the
King,
I am the King, God save the King

Kill the King, The King is dead
I am the King, Long live the King
Kill the King, The King is dead
I am the King, Long live the King

On 5/23/2016 at 8:21 AM, Verbal said:

A King has been chosen.  They will have the only vote that counts today.  If they place a single vote, the day is over and that voted person is lynched (executed).  If they choose to listen to the village majority, well, it is their prerogative.

DPR is the King.  All hail the King!

It is now Day 1.  There is no deadline for this day, but I'll impose one if needed.

It takes 1 to lynch.

On 5/23/2016 at 8:28 AM, Verbal said:

Also, as it may have occurred to a few of you, I technically don't have to do vote counts this game.  Perfect Verbal Mafia - lazy man!

But really, I'm happy to provide vote counts of the village consensus if the King requests it.

On 5/23/2016 at 8:41 AM, DPR said:

theKing.gif

On 5/23/2016 at 9:34 AM, DPR said:

I HAVE MADE A DECISION.

On 5/23/2016 at 11:45 AM, HessStation said:

My Dearest Brothers of Chaos,

The Gods have shunned me. They have stripped me of thy armor and exiled me, in death, to the Nevernever, where the giant, fire breathing, repugnant drool monster, Chan, rules. Right below the 8th circle. Oh brothers, it is so dreadful here. The smell of burning patchouli is constant and the music is awful. I fear I may be trapped here with a subhuman man they call, Ape, forever. Pray for me brothers. As I pray for thee...

Your dead friend,

HessStation

ps BFF

On 5/23/2016 at 12:36 PM, JiF said:

blockred_sm.jpg

On 5/23/2016 at 12:39 PM, Leelou said:

blockheads-sledding-sm-300x202.jpg

On 5/23/2016 at 12:45 PM, JiF said:

KILL THE BLOCKHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 5/24/2016 at 10:59 AM, Lizard King said:

The king is chosen at random by the kingmaker, therefore the king could be an assassin, right?

The kingmaker is chosen by the mod and therefore, the kingmaker is village, right?

On 5/24/2016 at 11:00 AM, Nynaeve said:

If I understood the rules correctly, yes and yes

On 5/24/2016 at 11:29 AM, Klecko73isGod said:

The game is afoot!!! Where are my manners?

Pac sucks at this game!!!!

carry on. 

On 5/24/2016 at 11:36 AM, Lizard King said:

So both the kingmaker and anarchist are obviously extremely important roles. The kingmaker had to roll the dice on night one but should have a better feel moving forward. The anarchist keeps the king, and therefore assassins, honest by extension because at any point the anarchist can upend the whole process between an aligned king and assassins.

On 5/24/2016 at 11:39 AM, JiF said:

DPR KILL SOMEONE ALREADY!!!!

Preferably someone with an 8 and 0 in their name.

THANK YOU!!!

On 5/24/2016 at 10:25 AM, AVM said:

If it really bothers you just find out what "I love Phish" is in binary and post that.  You'll be his forever.

I'm feeling that Awesomeness is a lock.  Otherwise? He's a scoundrel and a thief and smells of rum.  I don't trust him and neither should you.

On 5/24/2016 at 10:27 AM, CTM said:

Phish is a nostalgia act..  more into younger bands

On 5/24/2016 at 12:04 PM, Verbal said:

I'm going to impose a deadline pretty soon.

On 5/24/2016 at 12:53 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh yeah?  Well here's another one whether you like it or not.  GFY.

Calder (4) - Leelou, Hallia, Crusher, Lily

Smash (3) - EY, JC, 80

Ballin (2) - AVM, Crusher

Decker (1) - Crusher

80 (1) - Decker

Leelou (1) - CTM

DPR (1) - Crusher

Lily (1) - Calder

JiF (1) - Smash

Not Voting (7) - Pac, JiF, Lily, Ballin, LK, Nyn, Decker

With 18 alive (+ ghost Hess) it takes 1 stupid vote by DPR for a life to be snuffed out in this stupid game.

Deadline:  Whenever the f*ck DPR decides whilst sipping a martini.

On 5/24/2016 at 2:33 PM, Integrity28 said:

I beg to differ...

KongGif2.gif.CROP.original-original.gif

On 5/24/2016 at 3:47 PM, Verbal said:

Deadline has been set for noon EST tomorrow (Wednesday).

On 5/24/2016 at 3:55 PM, DPR said:

Hit a majority and I'll pull the lever. Otherwise, I'll go with the vote leader before deadline.

On 5/24/2016 at 5:49 PM, HessStation said:

I also have a Russian Jewish friend who's very abrasive and pretty much what JiF was saying about Israelis. His wife, I think first generation Israeli of course is also very abrasive and def acts like she hate you. Or everyone. Very rich, very materialistic, they have beautiful things but it's like they just want people to know they have it. Like, you can't use it. So weird. 

Ok ok back to dying.  No more rambling from filth hell.

On 5/24/2016 at 7:06 PM, DPR said:

Calder making the mistake of steering because he be new.

Pac sea gulling the thread.

Nyn holding too much tension.

On 5/24/2016 at 7:02 PM, DPR said:

MY LOYAL SUBJECTS, GATHER 'ROUND AND I WILL REGALE YOU WITH A TALE OF KINGMAKER.

It works like mafia. If I just throw down a guess, we miss all of the back and forth and won't have any material to case or any vote counts to go by. This would be stupid. 

THE END.

On 5/25/2016 at 7:01 AM, Nynaeve said:

I mean you got the geyno dude bitching about lack of content and serious posts around what? page 16/17? Then people start posting more seriously and suddenly the best approach is to pick randomly cause MATH AND NUMBERS AND sh*t.  LOL

SMHSMHSMHSMHSMHSMHSMH .... *head falls off*

Guys I have this really wild and crazy concept. Bear with me here. How about we.... I dunno... lynch the scummiest person by majority. Pretty out there I know. We have never done it before but there's always a first.

>.>

On 5/25/2016 at 7:20 AM, JiF said:

I'll have you know, if you King me, someone dies basically at day break with no discussion required.  I know who I want to kill and when I wan to kill them and I dont need you scumbags directing my brilliant mind. 

////waves at Smash, winks at 80

On 5/25/2016 at 7:21 AM, JiF said:

Wait, have we decided we're just going the normal route of voting?

GHEY

On 5/25/2016 at 7:21 AM, Nynaeve said:

But for the record not a huge fan of geyno either. Halli is a question mark for me atp. But I think I'll prolly be able to tell better as the game progresses. I've liked what I've seen from Lee, but i kinda wish she'd be around more. So that nags at me a little bit (SO getting bitchslapped when she shows lol). I also kinda like AVM. And Crusher to some degree, but I like the guy so that could be a contributing totally not game related factor.

Pac being all stoic is a doozy. Prolly preparing for the upcoming elections. Prediction: He loses.

DPR is a buttface. 

Oh and I need to see more from JiF other than cheering for a Smash or 80 kill. That's all I've seen from him thus far. And more of CTM other than cheering for voting inactives, but not voting an inactive himself.

And well obviously inactives need to post more. The rest dunno yet.

80 sort of went quiet?

Just general thoughts out there and stuffs.

On 5/25/2016 at 7:27 AM, DPR said:

You know, I've been analyzing your tendency toward anger, your approval of violence and salty language, and if we can get the beer thing worked out, you'd make an excellent pirate.

On 5/25/2016 at 7:28 AM, DPR said:

VODKA VODKA VODKA VODKA

Seize the day.

On 5/25/2016 at 7:29 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

JiF's bloodlust for me is so town-friendly, isn't it?  Yeah, I get it, I'm an annoyance.  But at least I'm participating.

On 5/25/2016 at 7:37 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Rationale for my Top 4 Scum:

1) Decker:  Still isn't participating or voting, last I checked.  I'm down to lynch an inactive.

2) Smash:  Can't decide if he's just being idiot townie or if he overplayed his reaction to a couple votes.  Possible he's mad about getting caught.

3) CTM:  Still has yet to respond to either me or Nyn regarding his vote placement on Leelou when he's pushing to kill an inactive.  Put your money where your mouth is, Pied Piper.

4) Calder:  Still don't like the way he assumed Smash is town.  Too early in the game to be operating on such an assumption.  Makes me want either his or Smash's alignment.  I don't want him dead today, however, probably.

Rationale for Top Town Reads:

1) 80:  Duh.

2) Crusher:  Actively participating and helpful.  Can't see him being scum like this.

3) JC:  Without the Ape in the game distracting him it's much easier to read him, lol.  I read him as strong town.

4) Nyn:  Playing like a badass.  A lot of her thoughts match my own to this point.  Spirit Animal?  ❤️

On 5/25/2016 at 7:48 AM, HessStation said:

I would have killed somebody Friday at 10:30. Just saying

On 5/25/2016 at 7:52 AM, DPR said:

I've analyzed this post with my scientific instruments and...

l_65ac57170bed4b178924cbad4dfe3628.gif

On 5/25/2016 at 8:00 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

I might get things thrown at me but I can kind of support Pac being king tomorrow.  It'll be entertaining at the very least.  And we can berate him when he inevitably makes a disastrously poor choice.

On 5/25/2016 at 8:12 AM, The Crusher said:

Can't speak for Nyn but I know for a fact Ape is between 100% and 107.5% nailing scum day 1.  Typically the entire scum team, sk, vig and even an occasional symp.  

On 5/25/2016 at 8:15 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Ha!  This is kind of funny.  You're against DPR taking his time to make a good decision, weighing what town wants to do in the process.  Then you protest your own death because it "won't help anyone".  If you were to follow DPR's line of thinking, you wouldn't be on the lynch radar at all.  Follow your own thinking, and there's no difference between you and the current vote leaders. 

See why DPR's strategy, at least on Day 1, is a pretty good one?  We need to make an informative lynch today.

On 5/25/2016 at 8:28 AM, DPR said:

***TRUMPETS***

HEAR YE, HEAR YE...

My day 1 impressions:

EY may be rusty, but he's backpedaling. He went from his "statistics over information gathering" stance to an apology tour. Scummish.

Calder is trying to sprinkle clever over his fluff. Scummish.

Nyn went from attacking to agreeing. Never a good sign.

Pac is holding back - he wants to say more (you know he does) but is restraining himself.

JC feels a bit off, like a guy who knows he's gonna peak at 1 and doesn't want to wait until 4.

And then we have the lurkers.

CTM is like a grounded, one winged plane. It's kind of sad. 

The rest is meh so far.

On 5/25/2016 at 8:31 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Vote Count

Calder (5) - Leelou, Hallia, Crusher, Lily, JC

Hallia (3) - Calder, Ballin, Nyn

Decker (3) - Crusher, CTM, 80

80 (1) - Decker

DPR (1) - Crusher

JiF (1) - Smash

Not Voting (5) - Pac, JiF, Lily, LK, EY

With 18 alive (+ ghost Hess) it takes 1 stupid vote by DPR for a life to be snuffed out in this stupid game.

On 5/25/2016 at 9:36 AM, Lizard King said:

Pac, Lily, and me originally, are on the right track by forcing the king to argue who is he going to kill and why. That is how we get the most knowledge about the town out. I've only been advocating for it the whole time and I'm glad that others are starting to pick up on it.

On 5/25/2016 at 9:34 AM, DPR said:

Apathy and confusion are the prices they paid...

On 5/25/2016 at 9:42 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

You're not even paying attention to the game.

But to be fair its a term I just invented.  That's the group of people who would prefer to simply sit back and see what the King does rather than make any attempt at participating.

On 5/25/2016 at 9:45 AM, JiF said:

My take:

Give us 3 names that you're feeling and if we really need some stupid pointless consensus at least we're putting you on the line by taking a stance because right now, you dont have to and can easily just point the finger after this stupid exercise of futility.  This community consensus is stupid and pointless and it does nothing.  80 is pushing this...that's all that needs to be said.

You're the King.  Take a stance and make people follow .

On 5/25/2016 at 9:49 AM, DPR said:

You do understand that this is still mafia, right? The setup has been altered to provide more distraction, but it's the same game. Putting the focus on watching the "king" just makes it easier for scum to evade notice.

On 5/25/2016 at 9:51 AM, DPR said:

Ima just wing this sh*t. 

On 5/25/2016 at 9:59 AM, DPR said:

Yes it is.

I posted my reads earlier. Why are you afraid to read the thread?

Doesn't read - calls everything retarded. MAKE THIS MAN KING. AFTER PAC.

On 5/25/2016 at 10:00 AM, JiF said:

Cool but right now I'm asking for you to gives us a top 3.

On 5/25/2016 at 10:01 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

You're forgetting that there's a secondary goal today:  Help the kingmaker decide who should be king tomorrow through our collective gameplay (I.E. kingmaker will probably want to choose a townie to make the decision).  Have you considered that while you've been busy not reading the thread and yelling for me or Smash to die?

On 5/25/2016 at 10:03 AM, JiF said:

I've read this entire thread.  Sorry I dont feel the need to respond to stupidity.

And stop telling everyone what needs to be done.  You dont decide the direction.  I'm worried about one thing right now because we can control it.  And that's forcing our king to make a stance.

You're the one letting him off the hook.  Wake up, dumbass. 

On 5/25/2016 at 9:51 AM, Klecko73isGod said:

Ahhh.... gotta love the high brow discourse of a JN mafia game. 

On 5/25/2016 at 9:56 AM, JiF said:

Suck a bag of dicks? 

On 5/25/2016 at 9:53 AM, DPR said:

No, I believe you are mistaken.

I'M THE KING.

Watch yourself. 

On 5/25/2016 at 9:58 AM, JiF said:

What I'm suggesting gets your stupid consensus but actually requires the king to make a stance.  

I dont expect you to follow but the more astute people will see why what I'm suggesting actually advances the game. 

On 5/25/2016 at 9:37 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Vote Count

Calder (5) - Leelou, Hallia, Crusher, Lily, JC

Hallia (3) - Calder, Ballin, Nyn

Decker (3) - Crusher, CTM, 80

Smash (1) - JiF

80 (1) - Decker

DPR (1) - Crusher

JiF (1) - Smash

Not Voting (4) - Pac, Lily, LK, EY

On 5/25/2016 at 10:06 AM, DPR said:

MY LOYAL SUBJECTS...

The burden of being your king is not a light one and It is fraught with many questions and many considerations. What is best for me? How can I have more? Who are all of these people interrupting the royal nap? 

Anyhoo, I've got a tee time, so now all of you may genuflect and hear my decree:

VOTE CALDER

King out.

*scepterdrop 

On 5/25/2016 at 10:37 AM, Verbal said:

Final Vote Count

Calder (1) - DPR

The King made his decision, and announced Calder to be executed.  The villagers all crowded around Calder and strung him up to die.  Nobody noticed the shiny suit of armor in the corner with Calder's name on it.

Calder, Knight, has been lynched.  He was town.

It is now night.  This phase will end tomorrow at noon EST, or when I have all night actions and am online to end the phase.

On 5/25/2016 at 10:37 AM, DPR said:

If you want to quantify a vote count as the only official info, you can, but that's what I mean when I say that this game is the same as mafia with more distractions. What we do have is all of the day 1 commenting and movement along with some votes. That's enough to to start casing for anyone who wants to read thru.

The next king may choose to say "I'll only vote if we get a majority. Otherwise it's no information for the town." But I wanted the first day to play out, see what folks suggested and get a feel for who's playing and who's not.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Leelou said:

Why do you keep digging into a game that is 4 years old? 

this is my first time being seirous about it. My page 1 post was just a quote of the endgame scene... and a joke.

Refreshing my memory about roles because I don't remember which roles are confirmed, what the backup and main kingmakers did when they got killed. How they're assigned as people die. Like, I learned what happened again when both backup and main kingmakers die - majority lynch happens again for rest of game.  And mainly how scum (which I was that game) decided to approach things.

And, how the mechanics work with who has to chose whom. I normally would not read a past game, but I really don't remember much about how this works other than the new king each day.

I didn't think it was super clear in the OP.

tl;dr So that the same mistakes aren't made again, whatever they were.

Do you think arguing about your reads is good?

P.S. I read current game again earlier tonight, as I said I was bored and this game is kinda complex 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Drums said:

I will not bend the knee

Vote Stark

? IDGI

11 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

LeeLou, your grace, allow to offer my explanation for why Pac should indeed be the choice to be sent to the gallows or, better yet, have his head stuck on a pike.

As you will clearly observe, if you have not already, he possesses an extremely unearned sense of bravado that will only grow, for reasons that defy explanation, as the game progresses. His ego threatens to swallow your reign whole, and Pac himself is no stranger to swallowing things whole given his clearly projection-driven penchant to give everyone an objectively horrendous nickname based on homosexuality or phallic objects.

I imagine that should your reign at some point end and you join the rank of the peasants, you will rue the day you decided to let him survive. Should the kingmaker inexplicably name Pac king, we will all undoubtedly be subjected to a king that makes Joffrey look like George Washington without the slaves.

Also, he sucks.

Vote Pac

Disagree with all of this! He nailed you last game. Is that why you're spending so much effort on perfect writing to get rid of him early? 

10 hours ago, Drums said:

You really are a dick

Thanks

9 hours ago, Pac said:

Cool your jets Corky..  Leelou was witnessing my greatness while you were still playing with yourself watching Queer Eye season 1.

She knows that my tactics are a necessary evil and my mafia prowess speaks for itself.

Normal Pac is back.

8 hours ago, Nolder said:

Hi, yeah I'm a little late to the party today but I'm here now. And yeah that thread...I don't even have words. It just makes me want to nuke the entire planet and end everything.

I like dogs, never seen them much in stores ever except PetSmart. and wouldn't take mine there. emotional support dogs were definitely something ive never heard of with a license LOL

21 minutes ago, deckerfan said:

this is my first time being seirous about it. My page 1 post was just a quote of the endgame scene... and a joke.

Refreshing my memory about roles because I don't remember which roles are confirmed, what the backup and main kingmakers did when they got killed. How they're assigned as people die. Like, I learned what happened again when both backup and main kingmakers die - majority lynch happens again for rest of game.  And mainly how scum (which I was that game) decided to approach things.

And, how the mechanics work with who has to chose whom. I normally would not read a past game, but I really don't remember much about how this works other than the new king each day.

I didn't think it was super clear in the OP.

tl;dr So that the same mistakes aren't made again, whatever they were.

Do you think arguing about your reads is good?

P.S. I read current game again earlier tonight, as I said I was bored and this game is kinda complex 

If you have questions about mechanics, you should be asking in this thread. 

yeah I’d like for people to argue their reads, I’m still giving some time for people to post and get into the game.

10 hours ago, Verbal said:

Fake Vote Count:

Pac (6) - 80, CTM, Barry, Pac, Jvill, Kdels

Nolder (2) - GATA, Stark

Spoot (2) - Spoot, Decker

Stark (1) - Drums

At this point, I’m not surprised on the run up on Pac, but I am surprised there isn’t a stronger second train. 

7 minutes ago, Leelou said:

If you have questions about mechanics, you should be asking in this thread. 

yeah I’d like for people to argue their reads, I’m still giving some time for people to post and get into the game.

Ok will do 

I meant giving out your own reads as King; am not at my most coherent this morning 

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

this is what we're looking at so far

town
----
Barry

scum
----
Nolder
Stark
Drums
Crushlove
GATA
Spoot
CTM
Decker
Pac
Kdels
JiF
Greece
Leelou
Nyn
Jvill

I thought PAC had an 80% chance at being town? 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I hopped out of this thread and there’s quoting of a game from back when I was ignorant to the mafia lifestyle. Can’t tell if that’s a tell of quarantine based insanity or  a blatant opaquing of the game.

Feels like a bad distraction.

• Upvote 1