"Doubling Up" at OL or WR?

Double Up?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. If the Jets take an Offensive Lineman with both their 1st 2 picks in the draft (11 & 48), I would.....

• Jump for Joy! That would be awesome!
    • Be happy
    • Be neutral - that could be good or bad - just have to wait and see
    • Be Unhappy
    • Shoot out my TV with a pistol like Elvis in the Jungle Room! Horrible Idea!
  2. 2. If the Jets take a Wide Receiver with both their 1st 2 picks in the draft (11 & 48), I would.....

• Jump for Joy! That would be awesome!
    • Be happy
    • Be neutral - that could be good or bad - just have to wait and see
    • Be Unhappy
    • Shoot out my TV with a pistol like Elvis in the Jungle Room! Horrible Idea!

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I'd be more than happy if they went oline with their 1st to picks.  More realistic to go oline with 2 of the 1st 4 picks they have though.

I will say this, I will be very disappointed if they do not go oline with at least 2 of the 1st 4 picks.

I want OL and more OL.  Anything to give Darnold more time.  Once Khalil was replaced, giving Darnold just a fraction of a second more, since he was still the most hurried QB in the NFL in 2019, he compiled stats over the last 8 games that rated 10th among all NFL QBs...and once again you have to realize he did that playing with nobodies on a bottom feeding O Unit (for those who will argue about the level of competition the latter part of the year).

With more time, going into his 3rd year, not having to learn a new play book, I don’t think it necessary that he have the prototypical #1 WR , although it would be nice but you can’t have everything, as the Kid has the ability to “throw receivers open”, which many QBs do not.

The OL makes EVERYTHING go.

• Upvote 1

It's simple. The Jets NEED to get a franchise LT in this draft. That is top priority above all else. To me, that means they need to take one at 11. If somehow the top tackles are off the board and they end up getting their next top OT in Rd. 2 or via trade down, great. If they have to move up a few spots to get 'their guy', fine, I hate to lose picks but this is where that extra 3rd and 6th could really come in handy. 

As we have mentioned a gazillion times, this is a deep draft at WR. The Jets should be able to get a play-maker if not a legit #1 type in Rd. 2 or 3. 

But to more accurately address the poll I'd be ok with the Jets taking two O-linemen back to back (assuming one of them was a blue-chip LT prospect) but no way in hell would I be happy if they passed on addressing OT until Rd. 3.  

• Upvote 1

I do think our first 4 picks will be OL and WR.  It’s a deep WR class so depending on how the first round shakes out I would love to grab a lot of WRs especially if Robby is gone.  The good thing about having Gregg Williams is that he has shown he can elevate under the radar players so hopefully this mean we are gonna focus on offense for most of our draft.  Like I said if we use all our first 4 picks on offense I will be happy 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

The OL makes EVERYTHING go.

Including the run game which i think people overlook. Our run game was putrid last year and if anybody watched it was not b/c of Bell but b/c the line was unable to give him any kind of push or develop any holes. Can you imagine how much better Sam and his 'pedestrian' WRs would look if he had a cleaner pocket, more time, and an adequate run game to complement the pass game? 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Including the run game which i think people overlook. Our run game was putrid last year and if anybody watched it was not b/c of Bell but b/c the line was unable to give him any kind of push or develop any holes. Can you imagine how much better Sam and his 'pedestrian' WRs would look if he had a cleaner pocket, more time, and an adequate run game to complement the pass game? 

Darnold has NEVER had ANY form of a running game to compliment his many skills.

Never able to “sell” play-action even once over 2 years.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Darnold has NEVER had ANY form of a running game to compliment his many skills.

Never able to “sell” play-action even once over 2 years.

To be fair, someone needs to come in and teach Sam the artistry of the play action. Sam can't fool anyone with the lame play action he has shown. 

4 hours ago, K_O_Brien said:

Ha, we will have to lock Gregg out of the draft war room. Probably Gase too. Like we should have done with Rex all those years. 

LOL

Yeah last year they had Macc sitting in the draft room alone.  

This year it will be Williams banging on the locked door screaming.  Great TV   lol

23 minutes ago, flgreen said:

LOL

Yeah last year they had Macc sitting in the draft room alone.  

This year it will be Williams banging on the locked door screaming.  Great TV   lol

With the 48th pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the New York Jets select........

7bG0.gif

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

What would be your reaction if the Jets "Double Up" at either offensive line or WR in the upcoming draft?

By "doubling up" I mean taking the same position at both #11 and #48

One idea: how about all 4? That is: if the value is there trade down from 11, then again, pick up 3 picks and maybe draft two o-linemen and two WR.

Seems like overkill especially as Jets need help at pass rush and CB. But offense wins championships in today's NFL, not defense.

• Upvote 1