Red Dawn Mafia - Day 6

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I guess we've learned that, all things being equal, you gotta kill off the most cerebral player at endgame.  That's the only kind of player that can confuse the remaining living players like that and help make it seem like ANYONE of the remainders can be scum.

In addition, those types of players usually get killed off earlier in the game, so you have to question why he/she is still alive at that stage.

80 already setting up his plan to carry me to endgame and get me lynched next time he's scum

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

So pac, after ignoring Barry's obvious point about lynching based off of Jif's symp signal. OMGUS's his way into jvill at the end and is doing a victory lap, even though he lost?

Sounds about right.

I laid it out clearly and concisely.  I didn't even know JiF had named them all.. 

As soon as I tried it was over for them..  Tried to drag these newbs to victory but they outsmarted themselves.

21 minutes ago, Pac said:

I laid it out clearly and concisely.  I didn't even know JiF had named them all.. 

As soon as I tried it was over for them..  Tried to drag these newbs to victory but they outsmarted themselves.

You started out slow,  but finished ok, like this kid MoMo I went to middle school with. It took him till he was 19 to graduate 8th grade but he was better than everyone at kickball 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Any delusions of grandeur I may have had were gone when Nolder woke up and told me in the scum QT that I’m only still alive because of town’s ineptitude in what I think was intended as a motivational speech

I stand by what I said. You got to endgame through stupidity and dumb luck. But YOU pulled it off in the end. Doesn't matter how you got there you earned that win. Most people would have given up the day you lost 2 members of your team.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, deckerfan said:

This year's late-game situations have been:

80 (Lynched), CTM, Nolder 

Dicker (Lynched), Nyn, Gata 

Dicker (Lynched), Hess, Spoot (Mason), Nolder

Drums (Lynched), Crusher, Gata, Nolder, AVM, CTM (Doc), 80 (Hero), Leelou (Anarchist)

Spoot (Lynched), Jvill,  Leelou, New Beaver

That mason game though...

15 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I stand by what I said. You got to endgame through stupidity and dumb luck. But YOU pulled it off in the end. Doesn't matter how you got there you earned that win. Most people would have given up the day you lost 2 members of your team.

It was the JN Mafia version of the Herb Brooks speech from Miracle and no one can convince me otherwise

image.gif.1f42f59b6216a9111b9b6691520ef14b.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

It was the JN Mafia version of the Herb Brooks speech from Miracle and no one can convince me otherwise

image.gif.1f42f59b6216a9111b9b6691520ef14b.gif

On Feb 24, 1980, US Hockey was down 2-1 heading into the 3rd period of the final game against Finland.  Had we lost that one, despite beating the Soviets just 2 days prior, we would have fallen all the way down to the Bronze.

In between the 2nd and 3rd periods, Brooks said this in the locker room, as recalled by his players:

"If you lose this game, you'll take it to your grave...your *$%#@ grave!" -Herb Brooks

It was one of the rare times Brooks ever cussed.  Could you imagine being in that locker room at that moment?

We beat the Finns, 4-2.  
  • Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

My favorite part of that speech is when Herb says “If we played em ten times they might win nine but not this game, not tonight.” I still reference it all the time. 

A similar speech was made in The Little Giants.  

• Sympathy 1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-red-dawn-emails-8-key-exchanges-on-the-faltering-response-to-the-coronavirus/ar-BB12uMDp

WASHINGTON — As the coronavirus emerged and headed toward the United States, an extraordinary conversation was hatched among an elite group of infectious disease doctors and medical experts in the federal government and academic institutions around the nation. Red Dawn — a nod to the 1984 film with Patrick Swayze and Charlie Sheen — was the nickname for the email chain they built. Different threads in the chain were named Red Dawn Breaking, Red Dawn Rising, Red Dawn Breaking Bad and, as the situation grew more dire, Red Dawn Raging. It was hosted by the chief medical officer at the Department of Homeland Security, Dr. Duane C. Caneva, starting in January with a small core of medical experts and friends that gradually grew to dozens.

@CTM