Tampa Tommy and his bag of balls already violating offseason program rules.

Only leaking now after happening two weeks ago on April 7, Brady accidentally wandered into a Tampa house while trying to find the home belonging to Buccaneers offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich. 

David Kramer to TMZ.com, “I literally was just sitting here and I watch this tall guy just walk into my house. He didn’t even look at me. He just like dropped his duffel bags down on the floor and just kind of like looked up at me and I’ll never forget the look on his face. . . . He just goes, ‘Am I in the wrong house?!'”

Brady was in the wrong house, and even though being “sighted” there won’t result in him being “cited” by the authorities, Brady’s explanation could result in the team being “cited,” not “sighted,” by the league.

ESPN.com confirmed the incident, and reports (i.e., passes along the self-serving leak from the Buccaneers) that “Brady and Leftwich were trying to follow social distancing guidelines, having Brady come to pick up materials from his new coach rather than meeting with him.”

It doesn’t matter, under NFL rules. As one source explained it to PFT, players cannot meet with coaches at any time prior to the start of the offseason program. Meetings outside the building are even more problematic, because in many cases those meetings can happen without detection.

“Totally illegal,” the source said. “They should be fined. Plus, I bet those duffel bags had footballs in them.”

In other words, the source suspects that Brady fully intended not only to meet with Leftwich but also to participate in some sort of workout in which Leftwich would have been directly involved.

• Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

Only leaking now after happening two weeks ago on April 7, Brady accidentally wandered into a Tampa house while trying to find the home belonging to Buccaneers offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich. 

David Kramer to TMZ.com, “I literally was just sitting here and I watch this tall guy just walk into my house. He didn’t even look at me. He just like dropped his duffel bags down on the floor and just kind of like looked up at me and I’ll never forget the look on his face. . . . He just goes, ‘Am I in the wrong house?!'”

Brady was in the wrong house, and even though being “sighted” there won’t result in him being “cited” by the authorities, Brady’s explanation could result in the team being “cited,” not “sighted,” by the league.

ESPN.com confirmed the incident, and reports (i.e., passes along the self-serving leak from the Buccaneers) that “Brady and Leftwich were trying to follow social distancing guidelines, having Brady come to pick up materials from his new coach rather than meeting with him.”

It doesn’t matter, under NFL rules. As one source explained it to PFT, players cannot meet with coaches at any time prior to the start of the offseason program. Meetings outside the building are even more problematic, because in many cases those meetings can happen without detection.

“Totally illegal,” the source said. “They should be fined. Plus, I bet those duffel bags had footballs in them.”

In other words, the source suspects that Brady fully intended not only to meet with Leftwich but also to participate in some sort of workout in which Leftwich would have been directly involved.

One year suspension.  And a first round pick to the Jets because . . . uhm , I'll think of something.

• Haha 3

Maybe I will get slammed for saying this on here, but I wouldn't mind seeing Brady have a good year in Tampa. 

The guy I have always detested in Beli (not Brady), and with Brady out of the division, it would be fun to watch NE completely fall apart without him and Beli's legacy take a (very small) hit as Brady has success without him. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Maybe I will get slammed for saying this on here, but I wouldn't mind seeing Brady have a good year in Tampa. 

The guy I have always detested in Beli (not Brady), and with Brady out of the division, it would be fun to watch NE completely fall apart without him and Beli's legacy take a (very small) hit as Brady has success without him. 

I agree with this. One way to tarnish Belichick legacy is to see Brady succeed and him fail. As much as I’d like to hate Brady when you’re see him interviewed he seems like a decent guy. Belichick seems like a jerk. He also really screwed us by resigning as coach and going to Pats. Belichick has always bad mouthed the Jets since leaving also. Brady just played and won. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I don't mind Brady having a good, even great year in Tampa but for the love of whatever God he follows, would he not consider playing on a level playing field and play within the fricken rules that govern all NFL players for once?

Hi greatness is asterisked by a repeated disregard to compete within the rules.

Are there other cheats in the NFL? Sure, they all suck deflated balls but none more obvious than him.

He was even kicked out of a public park in Tampa that was shut down under the quarantine rules.

Is greatness about completely ignoring the rules? 

• 5 months later...

How did I miss this gem, hahahaha. I was searching for something with Leftwich and this came up, LMAO. A couple of years ago I said over/under Tom Cheat or the Cheats are involved in something nefarious before he retires. I took the over. So  far I'm doing pretty good.

Just for the record I didn't even think that Deflategate was a big deal when it came down to brass tacks/the grand scheme of things (it really is small potatoes IMO); but to all of the Tom Brady/Constipated Bill/Cheats Defenders, all I have to say is that whenever something is left of center these three things are always in the conversation: Tom Brady/Constipated Bill/Cheating. That's because everyone is out to get them! OK.

Too bad Tampa didn't get pasted by Denver. Now, now, every once in a great while it really is Any Given Sunday. I still get that rosy afterglow whenever I think of Cleveland demolishing NE at home in Nov. 2010. Anyway, Cheats gonna Cheat, Brady gonna Shady, Refs gonna ref, Jets gonna Jet.

P.S.: I texted Garb as soon as Deflategate broke, "Best day of my life." Hahahaha.

• Upvote 1