Package 48 and 79 and go get Mims or Higgins

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

Don't sleep on Duvernay....guy is a total stud. 

I don't doubt that, but I just don't like him quite as much as Higgins, Pittman, Mims and Shenault.  

So many stud WRs left on the board, I just don't think it makes much sense to trade up.  I'd only move up if it cost us a 4th.  I'd like to keep both 3rds.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't doubt that, but I just don't like him quite as much as Higgins, Pittman, Mims and Shenault.  

He's a different type of receiver than those other guys but I have some serious man love for Duvernay. I could see him being a fan favorite early on.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

is there much of a difference between higgins and pittman?

Huge difference, and I like Pittman.

But Higgins is the 3rd best receiver (teetering on 2nd) and it's egregious that so many WRs were taken before him.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, King P said:

Huge difference, and I like Pittman.

But Higgins is the 3rd best receiver (teetering on 2nd) and it's egregious that so many WRs were taken before him.

He's gonna go in the first 3, maybe 5 picks tonight, is my guess, with someone probably moving up to get him.  

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, RobR said:

If Swift is there we have to consider him. As much as I want a wr I'd be good with Swift. If he's off the board it has to be wr.

I just can't justify in my mind drafting a RB any earlier than the 3rd round.  I know we need a RB and I know the top guys are very talented.  But a stud RB just doesn't help us more than a capable WR1 would, and the latter will undoubtedly have much more longevity on our roster.  

Draft RBs in the middle rounds, run them into the ground for 4 years, then let them walk at the end of their deals.  Rinse, repeat.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I just can't justify in my mind drafting a RB any earlier than the 3rd round.  I know we need a RB and I know the top guys are very talented.  But a stud RB just doesn't help us more than a capable WR1 would, and the latter will undoubtedly have much more longevity on our roster.  

if the jets roster wasn't such a mess they could do it but i agree, they need wr/cb/either OL or edge tonight.

• Upvote 1

I understand both points of view and I'd be extremely happy with a WR. I'm just not discounting what a guy like Swift would bring to the table immediately. I'm talking about a guy that is easily capable of putting up over 1200 yards from scrimmage and I can't see any WR doing that.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

if the jets roster wasn't such a mess they could do it but i agree, they need wr/cb/either OL or edge tonight.

I could go RB in the 3rd, with either 68 or 79.  Just not with 48.  

Only way I go RB in the 2nd is if none of the WRs we like are available at 48 and we trade down.  In which case we'd miss out on the best RBs anyways.  

1 minute ago, RobR said:

I understand both points of view and I'd be extremely happy with a WR. I'm just not discounting what a guy like Swift would bring to the table immediately. I'm talking about a guy that is easily capable of putting up over 1200 yards from scrimmage and I can't see any WR doing that.

Immediate impact would be awesome, but I want Douglas to go with the slow and steady approach to drafting, keeping in mind the next 5-10 years.

3rd/4th round would be the perfect time to take a RB.  Not too late but not too early.

I could go RB in the 3rd, with either 68 or 79.  Just not with 48.  

Only way I go RB in the 2nd is if none of the WRs we like are available at 48 and we trade down.  In which case we'd miss out on the best RBs anyways.  

if akers or dobbins slipped to late 2nd, maybe you trade up and have a legit rb who splits carries this year and is the featured back next year.  but odds are we're looking at a day 3 rb pick.

• Upvote 1

Immediate impact would be awesome, but I want Douglas to go with the slow and steady approach to drafting, keeping in mind the next 5-10 years.

3rd/4th round would be the perfect time to take a RB.  Not too late but not too early.

The only reason I would consider him is because I think there is a huge drop off with the RB's.

• Upvote 1

Lol, why trade up?  Only guy even remotely worth trading up for is Mims.  Pittman Jr.,Higgins?  Are you guys for real?   Bryan Edwards, Chase Claypool, Laviska Shenault are every bit as good if not better than either of them.   In fact, I can't wait to see who drafts AGG and what round.  Give this guy a year of NFL coaching and he could be the best receiver of this group!  That is not even considering guys like Quez Watkins,  Van Jefferson, Isiah Hodgins, Jauan Jennings, Collin Johnson, Tyler Johson, Devin Duvernay....   There is a reason people keep saying this is the deepest draft in a generation.   No need to panic and trade up unless the guy he absolutely loves is sitting there a few picks away and he can send a 4th, 5th or better yet, 6th rounder to move up.   Otherwise stay put and let one fall to you.  Again as deep as this draft is, that guy might wind up better than the one you  want to trade up for. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Antonio Gibson please! 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Lol, why trade up?  Only guy even remotely worth trading up for is Mims.  Pittman Jr.,Higgins?  Are you guys for real?   Bryan Edwards, Chase Claypool, Laviska Shenault are every bit as good if not better than either of them.   In fact, I can't wait to see who drafts AGG and what round.  Give this guy a year of NFL coaching and he could be the best receiver of this group!  That is not even considering guys like Quez Watkins,  Van Jefferson, Isiah Hodgins, Jauan Jennings, Colin Johnson, Devin Duvernay....   There is a reason people keep saying this is the deepest draft in a generation.   No need to panic and trade up unless the guy he absolutely loves is sitting there a few picks away and he can send a 4th, 5th or better yet, 6th rounder to move up.   Otherwise stay put and let one fall to you.  Again as deep as this draft is, that guy might wind up better than the one you  want to trade up for. 

Give me any of the top group you listed at 48, and Golden-Gandy in the 3rd!

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

Just him and CEH. They were easily my favorites this year.

Interesting.  I know Taylor and Dobbins were graded highly, but its so hard to trust Big 10 backs.  They always seem to run behind a great OL.

The only RBs of any worth from Wisconsin since the AFL-NFL merger were Melvin Gordon, who is already on his 2nd team, and James White, whose value has been tied to the NE system.

• Sympathy 1

Interesting.  I know Taylor and Dobbins were graded highly, but its so hard to trust Big 10 backs.  They always seem to run behind a great OL.

The only RB of any worth from Wisconsin in the last few decades was Melvin Gordon, and he's already on his 2nd team.

Those guys are easily a tier lower for me and I'm not very fond of Taylor. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Give me any of the top group you listed at 48, and Golden-Gandy in the 3rd!

I would love any of that group as well but they are all big and physical receivers.  I would like to another "speed" receiver in Devin Duvernay or Quez Watkins with our second 3rd round pick or 4th rounder.   If not we could probably snag John Hightower (A Robby Anderson Clone but better route runner).   

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Think Akers, Moss, Gibson, or any other RBs on the lower tiers that you like will be available to us in Rd 3?

They'll be good RB's available later, I just wanted to nab one of the two great RB's. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I would love any of that group as well but they are all big and physical receivers.  I would like to another "speed" receiver in Devin Duvernay or Quez Watkins with our second 3rd round pick or 4th rounder.   If not we could probably snag John Hightower (A Robby Anderson Clone but better route runner).   

Yes, this.  I want to pair a move-the-chains WR1 with a burner WR2 in rounds 2 and 3.  

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What's the problem with this guy?  Seems like one of those WRs people sleep on because of a slow 40.

I don't know much about him but watching him play he looks like a tweener to me. Not great at route running, looks like a RB with the ball in his hands. Again I haven't watched much but kinda reminds me of ty Montgomery 

2 hours ago, RobR said:

If Swift is there we have to consider him. As much as I want a wr I'd be good with Swift. If he's off the board it has to be wr.

I cant imagine he would but yeah, that would be super intriguing.  I think I'd still prefer WR but that's hard to pass on.  Plus I like some later round guys too.

If they did, they'd have to go WR/WR in the 3rd IMO.