HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

1 hour ago, Nynaeve said:

JC, dice... and god help me, pac, sound alright.

Arsis is trying but I'm not sure it's necessarily alignment indicative. We'll see.

I like Crusher and Hess but I admit to having a soft spot for both so it's a superficial read.

Nolder dropped off.

Barry seems weird.

JiF is dragging his feet.

DPR, AJ and CTM are in the same category for me. Some good posts and some that make me feel icky. Prolly feel less bothered by CTM out of the three. If the other two survive long into the game, kill them with a passion.

Drums is quiet. Havent played with him enough to know what that means. But he better start contributing.

Stark is being stark. **** me if I know lol

Smash hasn't bothered me so far. Hasn't wowed me either. 

80 is always scummy.

Did I forget anyone? If I have then consider yourself forgettable. Fyi that's a bad sign...

I'll have you know, I never drag me feet.  I wear flipflops 90% of my life, you cant drag your feeting wearing flipflops.  

1 hour ago, DPR said:

I go back and forth with JC - why do you see him as town?

I dont really see how you going back and forth with someone means anything.

JC isnt an easy read. I need to rely a lot on how he acts vs what he says. Cause he tends to be vague in his reasoning as either alignment. So far he seems engaged, volunteering thoughts vs having to drag it out of him.

It's only d1 so my reads are initial ones but so far I feel comfortable with him.

You as per usual creep me out

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

This is why I push for an Alt game but never get it. Sure at some stage in a large game we may figure out who is who but thats the fun of it as well and it will; eliminate the meta to a large extent as part of the fun will be not being discovered

I've played in some alt games. It was really fun.

19 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I dont really see how you going back and forth with someone means anything.

JC isnt an easy read. I need to rely a lot on how he acts vs what he says. Cause he tends to be vague in his reasoning as either alignment. So far he seems engaged, volunteering thoughts vs having to drag it out of him.

It's only d1 so my reads are initial ones but so far I feel comfortable with him.

You as per usual creep me out

See, this is just unnecessary - I simply asked you why you see JC as town. I openly state that my read on him goes from town to scum to put the question into context, and you don't really see why I did that? And then you immediately follow that up with the exact reason I did that, so you do see why it means something? 

Last game he talked a lot of sh*t, made no sense, and threw accusations around like confetti at a ticker tape parade. He was scum. His play this game is a little different, but kinda similar as well. 

Everyone knows its D1 and nobody will hold anyone to first day impressions - you know that. 

So I don't really see how this post explains why you see JC as town - it seems like more of an excuse to throw shade at me. 

• Thumb Down 1

Official Vote Count:

Dandie (3) - JiF, Hess, Pac

CTM (5) - Smash, Drums, Stark, Nolder, 80

JIF (4) - Nyn, AVM, Barry, AJ

Barry (3) - CTM, Crusher, JC

JC (2) - Arsis, Dandie

Arsis (1) - Dice 

With 19 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 10 to arrest

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Alt games only compound the low activity issue. 

^^^ TRUTH

It's an ungodly amount of work for the mod and too much frustration for the players. In concept its a great idea - eliminate the meta and boil everything down to a pure-reads style game. But it never works that way, lol 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, DPR said:

See, this is just unnecessary - I simply asked you why you see JC as town. I openly state that my read on him goes from town to scum to put the question into context, and you don't really see why I did that? And then you immediately follow that up with the exact reason I did that, so you do see why it means something? 

Last game he talked a lot of sh*t, made no sense, and threw accusations around like confetti at a ticker tape parade. He was scum. His play this game is a little different, but kinda similar as well. 

Everyone knows its D1 and nobody will hold anyone to first day impressions - you know that. 

So I don't really see how this post explains why you see JC as town - it seems like more of an excuse to throw shade at me. 

To be fair and to a certain extent you creep most of us out. Yet, it’s not alignment indicative and it makes you pretty endearing as long as there is at least one other person present at all times.,

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

To be fair and to a certain extent you creep most of us out. Yet, it’s not alignment indicative and it makes you pretty endearing as long as there is at least one other person present at all times.,

So you're saying you're into a threesome scenario - are you open to more?

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, DPR said:

My read on jc is my read on jc. I give my reads and my thoughts when I have them. I don't really care what day phase it is. Often I dont survive long and that's my opportunity to make a difference so you better believe I'm gonna do it. I'm not gonna be discouraged cause some chump is telling me it's too early.

Feels like you're trying to make it about you so I dont really get what you're getting at. Like not even a little.

And yeah I kinda know how JC was as none town last game. It just so happens I was in his team.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, JiF said:

FWIW, you have legacy of a strong cerebral player, you dont need the assistance of alts. 

cock rules

Btw I haven't responded to this cause I'm debating if this is legit what you think or you're saying it to stroke my ego.

6 hours ago, Dicetosser said:

Actually I kinda disagree   you DO   too heavily really   rely on meta    but only for players who have been here for donkeys. Ape Crusher etc

You rely on it so heavily that you dont scum hunt anymore which is why these games are largely a sh*tshow of abusing each other and chaos.

But you dont really bother with meta for newer players that much. And if they try to tell you their meta they get shouted down or lynched.

Barry's being cased on meta rn

12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Leave it to you to try to put a silver lining... 

• Haha 2

Honestly, what a bunch of shady sh*t around the Dandie train. 

As I was reading through AJ kinda jumped out at me first, probably because he was more active. Here are my notes (copied from a Google Doc)

• Pretty much starts the CTM train in post 14. By pretty much, I mean Smash votes CTM and AJ votes him 1 minute after.

• Plants a seed about me being a bit too quiet early in the game, a weird game at that

• Post 184, to me, sounds like he has extra info. I had to go back and re-read the original storyline. Could just be experienced observations

• Votes me to just poke a little since I was quiet. I didn’t take it as more than that

• Cools on CTM

• Starts the Dandie train in post 415 

• Barry jumps on right away

• Continues to make somewhat of a big deal over Dandie, which doesn’t really make sense.

• Eggs on others to vote him too 

• Even cooler on CTM now in post 549

• Still low key planting seeds that I’m scum because I’ve been quiet in post 668

Also not feeling great about JC because he just tried way way too hard to get Dandie lynched.

Feel good about Barry hopping off after Crusher clarified he's not Ape.

Jif is on my radar as well, and stands out for giving me the same feel he gave during Kingsman:

• Made the “I’m my favorite role” post but it was weird

• Made a few posts here and there but hasn’t actually voted anyone (2-3 days into D1)

• Finally votes Dandy claiming “we should just kill it” in post 565

Expect more of this but I have a sh*t ton of work to do from not having any energy all weekend or. yesterday. Feeling good today though and finally into this game.

Unvote vote Jif 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

Barry's being cased on meta rn

He's not saying a meta based fos cant be right. It's more so that meta should be a consideration and a basis, especially early on, but it can't be all of it. And sometimes here it is.

6 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

My read on jc is my read on jc. I give my reads and my thoughts when I have them. I don't really care what day phase it is. Often I dont survive long and that's my opportunity to make a difference so you better believe I'm gonna do it. I'm not gonna be discouraged cause some chump is telling me it's too early.

Feels like you're trying to make it about you so I dont really get what you're getting at. Like not even a little.

And yeah I kinda know how JC was as none town last game. It just so happens I was in his team.

How did we get from me asking how you see JC as town, all of the way to this dumpster fire? 

4 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

He's not saying a meta based fos cant be right. It's more so that meta should be a consideration and a basis, especially early on, but it can't be all of it. And sometimes here it is.

I was responding to his part about new players meta being ignored

Unvote 

Vote dpr 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Actually do to my size Mrs Crusher always  counted me twice. 

That's quite the compliment until Birthdays, Xmas and Anniversaries. Then it just gets expensive.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, DPR said:

How did we get from me asking how you see JC as town, all of the way to this dumpster fire? 

Because of your insistence that it somehow reflects on you and following up with that implying that im giving reads cause I won't be held accountable for them.

Im bored of this convo though so spin your nonsense on someone else. Got better things to do with my time.