HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

31 minutes ago, DPR said:

If you say so.

So far this game I've posted that I thought the CTM/Pac thing was nonsense and that the vote train on CTM was also nonsense. I FoS'd and voted Barry for his style, which I explained seemed like he was uncomfortably trying to fit, which is common for scum. I called you out and voted you for your weirdo sh*t & lack of posting. You appeared like a genie and decided to play, so I unvoted you. And now I'm asking Nyn why she sees Jc as town, and she decided that it was an attack.

Aside from the usual snarky comments, I don't see how that's spinning. 

Any time you say something, then eventually need to go back and re-frame what you previously said, you’re typically spinning. In fact, this reply is a perfect example. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

Jif.  I said that much last night.

I'd destroy CTM because hes CTM.  Dandie needed to be motivated and it seems to have worked as she's active now.

Patently false. I told you all when I could start. Lying is bad.

11 minutes ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

Any time you say something, then eventually need to go back and re-frame what you previously said, you’re typically spinning. In fact, this reply is a perfect example. 

You’re confusing “spinning” with “synopsis”

4 minutes ago, DPR said:

You’re confusing “spinning” with “synopsis”

No, Wes, a synopsis provides summary. Spin re-frames. You do more of the latter. Even when you mean well. This entire back-and-forth is exhibit A. Byeeeeeee!

See U GIF by swerk

• Upvote 2

Official Vote Count:

Dandie (3) - JiF, Hess, Pac

CTM (3) - Smash, Nolder, 80

JIF (5) - Nyn, AVM, Barry, AJ, Drums

Barry (1) -  JC

JC (1) - Dandie

Arsis (1) - Dice 

DPR (1) - CTM

Pac (2) - Crusher, Arsis

Hess (1) - Stark

With 19 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 10 to arrest

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

No, Wes, a synopsis provides summary. Spin re-frames. You do more of the latter. Even when you mean well. This entire back-and-forth is exhibit A. Byeeeeeee!

See U GIF by swerk

But I’m the creepy, eerie one... 

Alrighty then

1 hour ago, Drums said:

Honestly, what a bunch of shady sh*t around the Dandie train. 

As I was reading through AJ kinda jumped out at me first, probably because he was more active. Here are my notes (copied from a Google Doc)

• Pretty much starts the CTM train in post 14. By pretty much, I mean Smash votes CTM and AJ votes him 1 minute after.

• Plants a seed about me being a bit too quiet early in the game, a weird game at that

• Post 184, to me, sounds like he has extra info. I had to go back and re-read the original storyline. Could just be experienced observations

• Votes me to just poke a little since I was quiet. I didn’t take it as more than that

• Cools on CTM

• Starts the Dandie train in post 415 

• Barry jumps on right away

• Continues to make somewhat of a big deal over Dandie, which doesn’t really make sense.

• Eggs on others to vote him too 

• Even cooler on CTM now in post 549

• Still low key planting seeds that I’m scum because I’ve been quiet in post 668

Also not feeling great about JC because he just tried way way too hard to get Dandie lynched.

Feel good about Barry hopping off after Crusher clarified he's not Ape.

Jif is on my radar as well, and stands out for giving me the same feel he gave during Kingsman:

• Made the “I’m my favorite role” post but it was weird

• Made a few posts here and there but hasn’t actually voted anyone (2-3 days into D1)

• Finally votes Dandy claiming “we should just kill it” in post 565

Expect more of this but I have a sh*t ton of work to do from not having any energy all weekend or. yesterday. Feeling good today though and finally into this game.

Unvote vote Jif 

My current play where I'm voting someone on D1 reminds you of my play from a game where I didnt cast a vote the entire game?

lmfao

solid

19 minutes ago, deckerfan said:

Official Vote Count:

Dandie (3) - JiF, Hess, Pac

Barry (1) -  JC

JC (1) - Dandie

Arsis (1) - Dice 

DPR (1) - CTM

Pac (2) - Crusher, Arsis

Hess (1) - Stark

With 19 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 10 to arrest

5 players voting to take out the towns biggest asset on D1 with literally zero to go on other than "I expect more". 

lmfao

Def some scum up in there. 

• Haha 1

Probably Drums, go look at what he voted me for. Total garbage.  A lot effort to act like he wasnt going to vote the biggest train and "hunting" only to vote the biggest train because of the way I played 4 games ago which is actually totally different than I'm playing now, a much weaker case than the other "work" he did. 

Unvote

Vote Drums

OMGUS - maybe but gross is gross.

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I would look to the middle. 

I dont know what Nyn is voting me for, I mean, nothing but whatevs, Sister is cool with me.

AVM just decided I was scum right off the rip and has done nothing else, which is always stellar town play, would be surprised if he buries that all th way to the night.  

Barry has a thing for me, so I totally get his vote.  He's been obsessed with voting me for no reason for a few games now.  Honestly, it turns me on.

AJ is scared sh*tless of me.  So he makes sense.

Drums?  Now that was some gross fake scum hunting.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Probably Drums, go look at what he voted me for. Total garbage.  A lot effort to act like he wasnt going to vote the biggest train and "hunting" only to vote the biggest train because of the way I played 4 games ago which is actually totally different than I'm playing now, a much weaker case than the other "work" he did. 

Unvote

Vote Drums

OMGUS - maybe but gross is gross.

Wait, so you are mad that I voted you with what I said but the way you voted Dandie was ok? Also, it isn't that much effort yet, but it will grow as the game grows. Thirdly, are you saying you were the biggest train? Because you weren't when I voted you, at best you were tied.  I was actually holding off on voting you because I wanted to watch more of your behavior but the monkey's out of the bottle man.

And not just the way you played four games ago because I already get a different feel from you than last game when you were pretty obviously town. I know you didn't vote all Kingmaker--you said that in the last game-- which is why I have been paying attention to you. So what, you voted in this one, big deal it was a BS vote. Now your vote on me is a little better but still pretty weak. I'd say enough has happened now for you to comment on as the experienced player that you are but you haven't really mentioned any thoughts on anything that's been going on and come to think of it, you actually locked onto me in Kingmaker when you were scum though so maybe it makes sense. 

3 hours ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

Explain how not showing up makes drums look more like scum. I had been too busy to play, and I’m not scum. I suspect him for a sketchy momentum vote. Not for no-show. 

Feels like you’re You’re grasping at straws Just to echo suspicion in all 3 people I pointed at.  

Can you Explain why you said Jif hasn’t said ‘my favorite role’ all season? Thanks.

If you read the game then you have already seen the explanation. Drums - albeit limited sample size - has established a day & night meta for his alignment. As Town he is sharp, engaging. As scum he hid out in the QT until he got vigged after a few Days. I know this because I was on his team that game.

3 hours ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

The original gag was supposed to be impersonate him, but it’s a lot harder to pretend to be that obnoxious, narcissistic, and stupid than I thought. Especially while trying to play. 

Who are you really then? Just to clear the air.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont know what Nyn is voting me for, I mean, nothing but whatevs, Sister is cool with me.

AVM just decided I was scum right off the rip and has done nothing else, which is always stellar town play, would be surprised if he buries that all th way to the night.  

Barry has a thing for me, so I totally get his vote.  He's been obsessed with voting me for no reason for a few games now.  Honestly, it turns me on.

AJ is scared sh*tless of me.  So he makes sense.

Drums?  Now that was some gross fake scum hunting.

Barry’s been twitchy this game , but really too early to apply that to alignment.

Nyn? Bunny is not one to snap to judgment day 1 on. She is very good at town and as the game go’s on we get  flips then we can look at her better. Better to look at her lack of good town play later then try to discern her as scum. 

AVM doesn’t see you focused, not going to make shut up because really haven’t noticed much. 

Drums case was well thought out but did ring somewhat contrived . One to watch. Somebody was screaming for him as scum earlier. Maybe Barry? 

AJ is another one under my radar. 

DPR is DPRing and Smash and Nolder are doing their day 1 scarce thing. I do remember a Game  were Smash was scum and engaged very early. Not sure it applies. 

Pac? Cruising offering nothing, appearing like he’s ready to hammer but not willing to put the work in. Might be busy at work and might not. But  I’d kill him for a giggle right now. His late game  reads for the most part but abysmal as of late.,  I see very little downside in lynching him regardless of alignment. 

• Upvote 1

Official Vote Count:

Dandie (2) - Hess, Pac

Pac (2) - Crusher, Arsis

Barry (1) -  JC

JC (1) - Dandie

Arsis (1) - Dice 

DPR (1) - CTM

Hess (1) - Stark

Drums (1) - JiF