HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

Barry trended down some for me since yesterday. For switching onto what he said was his top Town read over one post & asking obvious questions. Not in scum range but don’t feel as good about him now.

Smash had a gross vote on my wagon, both because it was opportunistic but also because it was fluffing JiF who we all know by now is scum MVP. Somehow slipped onto the JC wagon as well after not playing D1 beyond fixating on CTM for something that happened in the very beginning.

Hess is doing that thing where he votes every wagon that comes along and never stays for long. I don’t see a method to the madness and it just feels for show imo. Don’t like the shade throwing on CTM or Pac post lynch either.

Nolder isn’t playing. Has questionable stances / conclusions that others have pointed out. Says he’s distracted by other stuff, fair enough. Doesn’t mean he isn’t scum.

Drums same story. Responds when he’s mentioned, seems to gear up and do case work to end up on the lead wagon. Tells me to check him if I can, but he could be scum of the non-hooded variety, which is who I think the Feds are searching for if my theory is correct about there being a difference between Tulsa scum and outsider scum.

Dandie shows up after hammer, calls Pac stupid. Needs to catch up. Another questionable slot.

AVM seems to be buddying JiF/80 a lot. Could slot him as another opportunistic player on my wagon.

Im already outed so I guess there’s no reason for me not to spill the beans.

I was told my results would be Kalvary or not Kalvary, and specifically mentions they wouldn’t be Tulsa local or not - which seems like an important detail. Not sure if it means there’s two scum factions or if the team is a mix of Klansmen and their Illuminati cohorts but it gives me the idea there’s another investigator who gets the opposite result of Tulsa native or outsider. Probably a Fed imo.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Im already outed so I guess there’s no reason for me not to spill the beans.

I was told my results would be Kalvary or not Kalvary, and specifically mentions they wouldn’t be Tulsa local or not - which seems like an important detail. Not sure if it means there’s two scum factions or if the team is a mix of Klansmen and their Illuminati cohorts but it gives me the idea there’s another investigator who gets the opposite result of Tulsa native or outsider. Probably a Fed imo.

You got results you’re spilling at night as the deputy cop?

45 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Barry trended down some for me since yesterday. For switching onto what he said was his top Town read over one post & asking obvious questions. Not in scum range but don’t feel as good about him now.

Smash had a gross vote on my wagon, both because it was opportunistic but also because it was fluffing JiF who we all know by now is scum MVP. Somehow slipped onto the JC wagon as well after not playing D1 beyond fixating on CTM for something that happened in the very beginning.

Hess is doing that thing where he votes every wagon that comes along and never stays for long. I don’t see a method to the madness and it just feels for show imo. Don’t like the shade throwing on CTM or Pac post lynch either.

Nolder isn’t playing. Has questionable stances / conclusions that others have pointed out. Says he’s distracted by other stuff, fair enough. Doesn’t mean he isn’t scum.

Drums same story. Responds when he’s mentioned, seems to gear up and do case work to end up on the lead wagon. Tells me to check him if I can, but he could be scum of the non-hooded variety, which is who I think the Feds are searching for if my theory is correct about there being a difference between Tulsa scum and outsider scum.

Dandie shows up after hammer, calls Pac stupid. Needs to catch up. Another questionable slot.

AVM seems to be buddying JiF/80 a lot. Could slot him as another opportunistic player on my wagon.

I deserve shade for switching from my top town read to voting on him, especially when he flipped town. I do want to add context to that though. DRP questioned my read, which was basically that he was aggressively scum hunting, and said something to the effect of he was being aggressive/opportunistic in trying to get anyone lynched. So I went back and reviewed his posts thinking about it from that angle.

It sure as hell did look that way and then I came across a new exchange I hadn't read of his yet where he first called DRP a liar for (paraphrasing) saying JC was just aggressively trying to lynch anyone, then Arsis said it didn't seem like he cared who got lynched, and they JC straight up said he didn't care. Add to all of that the fact that he mis-characterized something I said when he tried to push my train and it all added up to scum to me.

I should have stuck with my guns here. In the past being too stubborn and not rethinking has gone wrong so I want to try and be more open to things. 

As for "asking obvious questions" - I thought nyn's reaction of we're F'd was overboard even if you were the main cop since there's likely a doc. Definitely not an ideal spot but F'd seems a bit much. Whatever. I waited to ask that question until after the deadline because I thought it might be an answer like that.

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I deserve shade for switching from my top town read to voting on him, especially when he flipped town. I do want to add context to that though. DRP questioned my read, which was basically that he was aggressively scum hunting, and said something to the effect of he was being aggressive/opportunistic in trying to get anyone lynched. So I went back and reviewed his posts thinking about it from that angle.

It sure as hell did look that way and then I came across a new exchange I hadn't read of his yet where he first called DRP a liar for (paraphrasing) saying JC was just aggressively trying to lynch anyone, then Arsis said it didn't seem like he cared who got lynched, and they JC straight up said he didn't care. Add to all of that the fact that he mis-characterized something I said when he tried to push my train and it all added up to scum to me.

I should have stuck with my guns here. In the past being too stubborn and not rethinking has gone wrong so I want to try and be more open to things. 

As for "asking obvious questions" - I thought nyn's reaction of we're F'd was overboard even if you were the main cop since there's likely a doc. Definitely not an ideal spot but F'd seems a bit much. Whatever. I waited to ask that question until after the deadline because I thought it might be an answer like that.

You didn't do anything wrong. The problem was JC - he completely failed his responsibility to play his role for town. Just because other players were familiar with his meta of ******* off and slinging sh*t on D1 doesn't make what he did alright. He's mare than experienced enough to know that a Town Bomb is a negative utility role, but in the right hands can take out scum in crucial moments.

The fact that a Town Bomb exists tells you that there are lots of killing roles by virtue of the fact that it's usually used to semi-balance things toward the town, but meant to impact the game at a much later point. 

JC needed to play a straight town game and not attract too much attention until it was time for him openly attack scum and provoke them to hammer.

It's all water under the bridge now, but the takeaway is that we've got another complicated, multi-role game and we don't need any more ****ery. If they are town, Nolder and Dandie need to shape up entirely. Drums needs to get invested and stay that way. Smash and Dice need to step up involvement and give reads. Otherwise, they all just make it easy to mislynch them and give scum an easy win. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Since the game started people have commented several times on my reactions being overboard.

I'll clue you in on a little secret.... I'm a GIRL. Just because you guys have the emotional maturity of a tea spoon doesn't mean I'm like that. I get emotional when I care and things don't go my way. 

So if you want to lynch me cause I have a vagina, go ahead. But you better be lynching JiF right after me for the very same reason.

u drinkin' again? 

32 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Since the game started people have commented several times on my reactions being overboard.

I'll clue you in on a little secret.... I'm a GIRL. Just because you guys have the emotional maturity of a tea spoon doesn't mean I'm like that. I get emotional when I care and things don't go my way. 

So if you want to lynch me cause I have a vagina, go ahead. But you better be lynching JiF right after me for the very same reason.

Yeah but like...it's a really cool tea spoon