HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

6 minutes ago, Arsis said:

I'm sorry, I must have slept in the wrong side of the bed.

I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to ask.

Was me asking what strawman argument I was using a joke? Yes, it was. The person used the wrong logical fallacy. A strawman is when you misrepresent someone's argument and reframe it so you can more easily attack the new fake position. He was calling me out for saying that people were on scumteam together which, to me, is an obvious exaggeration

Also again, writing legit question and then joking around is a form of dramatic irony. I used opposite language for humorous or emphatic effect.

Is the problem that you're an idiot? Or that I'm an idiot?

I was more concerned about you asking how you could be better, being the joke. I know what Strawman is. 

1 minute ago, Drums said:

I was more concerned about you asking how you could be better, being the joke. I know what Strawman is. 

Apparently you don't know what sarcasm is and aj has no idea what a strawman actually is besides a decent rhetorical device that people fall for.

3 hours ago, Dicetosser said:

Careful Nyn   you know how powerful that phrase is lol   

3 hours ago, JiF said:

@Arsis @Dicetosser @Nynaeve

everytime you down vote me an angel gets their wings.  

Dice seconding the (true) statement that fragile masculinity of the collective here while downvoting everyone in sight that hurts his feelings is just....

so, so, so perfect

2 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

The second paragraph seems like a seperate event than what happened after with Crusher.

Yes - and SMC already stated scenes have hints...so clearly another shot taken. I have a guess...but neither here nor there.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My guess is if he's telling the truth, there's a mechanic that makes a lynch fail or something.  Similar to when @HessStation was Jaws in DPR's game.  He had to eat a bomb in order to die.  I think Jaws was a 3rd party role too.

I'll wait to hear more from Stark but definitely willing to go there and test his claim today.  

Interesting game to bring up, actually...

IIRC Hess had to chomp on a bomb to die and we all mass claimed early, so Hess knew who not to bite down on...which effectively brought the game to a stand still. I'm pretty sure to advance the game he eventually just ate a bomb intentionally...but maybe I'm making that up.

Regardless...not sure how it's relevant here other than to say pushing for more info has hurt in the past. I'd rather focus away from Stark today.

• Upvote 4

JiF throwing that vote down at deadline yesterday and leaving was pretty damn gross after all the flailing about. I do agree with Nyn, too, that he's been a little more over the top than usual...somethings off, I just can't tell how.

vote JiF

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Nynaeve said:

I looked into Crusher's posts some to see if he had a read list. Not so much. He was mostly fosing pac a lot. And some sprinkles in JC and AJ. Maybe saw something about Smash. Might have been a pure fear kill or PR hunting.

Not logic worthy of a case but worthy of saying out loud, there are a few JN vets that I know like to take Crusher out early because he's the hardest lynch in the game but not going down that rabbit hole.  It just might make look at those vets a little closer as we move along.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, AVM said:

Yes - and SMC already stated scenes have hints...so clearly another shot taken. I have a guess...but neither here nor there.

IIRC Hess had to chomp on a bomb to die and we all mass claimed early, so Hess knew who not to bite down on...which effectively brought the game to a stand still. I'm pretty sure to advance the game he eventually just ate a bomb intentionally...but maybe I'm making that up.

Regardless...not sure how it's relevant here other than to say pushing for more info has hurt in the past. I'd rather focus away from Stark today.

Nope that happened 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, AVM said:

I made this comparison for 2 reasons:  1) Stark seems to be claiming he's "all-powerful", which jives with the theme/show/SMC's own words.  Jaws was also kind of "all-powerful" with only one way to kill him.   2) There was also a Bomb in this game, of course, so that brought back additional memories.  

SMC is a creative mod just like DPR.  Given the claims and flips we've had so far, there are a lot of moving parts.  

5 minutes ago, AVM said:

JiF throwing that vote down at deadline yesterday and leaving was pretty damn gross after all the flailing about. I do agree with Nyn, too, that he's been a little more over the top than usual...somethings off, I just can't tell how.

vote JiF

Yup

We need a Gross List:

AJ peeling off the wagons yesterday was Gross. Nolder coming out of nowhere to vote for “competing trains” was gross. Pac saying he could vote for Stark and then voting for Smash is gross. 

55 minutes ago, Arsis said:

Apparently you don't know what sarcasm is and aj has no idea what a strawman actually is besides a decent rhetorical device that people fall for.

Dont get so defensive I’m just asking a question. 

• Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, AVM said:

vote JiF

Meh, I had a good round.  Hit 2 of the best shots of my life yesterday.  A gnarly chip shot that had water implications, almost sank it for a tap in Par.  Then on this long par 5, I pushed it right into the trees and had to punch out but was able to advance it just a little bit.  Had 220 to the hole, water left, very little area to miss right.  I pumped my 5 wood 12 feet from the hole for a perfect birdie putt, that I missed. 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I made this comparison for 2 reasons:  1) Stark seems to be claiming he's "all-powerful", which jives with the theme/show/SMC's own words.  Jaws was also kind of "all-powerful" with only one way to kill him.   2) There was also a Bomb in this game, of course, so that brought back additional memories.  

SMC is a creative mod just like DPR.  Given the claims and flips we've had so far, there are a lot of moving parts.  

Agreed with these points - my "not sure how it's relevant here" isn't a shot at you bringing it up to be clear. Just wanted to be careful to completely equate the two. Focus more on the "I'm not sure" than the relevance lol

4 minutes ago, DPR said:

Yup

We need a Gross List:

AJ peeling off the wagons yesterday was Gross. Nolder coming out of nowhere to vote for “competing trains” was gross. Pac saying he could vote for Stark and then voting for Smash is gross. 

Agreed...though I would say AJ's play has both been gross and I still believe his reveal much like I believe Starks.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DPR said:

Yup

We need a Gross List:

Smash play sorta gross too though. Rhetorically fine but the votes. BUT that said easy to put a vote on him D2 if I were scum I’d probably go that route...If Smash were town 

grammar edits

Edited by HessStation

Just now, AVM said:

Agreed with these points - my "not sure how it's relevant here" isn't a shot at you bringing it up to be clear. Just wanted to be careful to completely equate the two. Focus more on the "I'm not sure" than the relevance lol

Nope I didn't take it as such.  

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He also said he could pass his powers on...if he's town, why would he let the game end if he was killed?  

He cant just sit out there with that claim, sorry.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Meh, I had a good round.  Hit 2 of the best shots of my life yesterday.  A gnarly chip shot that had water implications, almost sank it for a tap in Par.  Then on this long par 5, I pushed it right into the trees and had to punch out but was able to advance it just a little bit.  Had 220 to the hole, water left, very little area to miss right.  I pumped my 5 wood 12 feet from the hole for a perfect birdie putt, that I missed. 

You're so off I honestly feel like you're a jester or something.

And nothing worse than hitting the shot of your life then choking on the putt....basically my golfing summed up. Only I'll then be pissed and half-ass the tap in and miss that, too 

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Smash play sorta gross too though. Rhetorically fine but the vote. BUT that said easy to put a vote on him D2 if I were scum I’d probably go that route...I’d Smash were town 

Smash also has weird obsession and vendetta's.  I could totally see him as scum following my lead to a townie so he could use it against me in a get behind the JiF fashion.  He's also someone on my list of who would kill Crusher N1. 

We need to kill Stark but Smash will be easy to read soon enough.