Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Danile Jones - Get Used To It

1 hour ago, Prez33 said:

I always find that the debate gets cheapened when people start slamming other’s intelligence. This is an opinion forum, for those who’ve forgotten. Taking shots at people because they disagree with you? 

Let’s take a deep breath. 

What turns me off is the way sh*t gets posted like it's a slam dunk fact XYZ will happen. Not much is 100% black or white, there's lots of grey to be sorted first.

2 hours ago, slats said:

From the outside, I like what looks like a plan from Joe Douglas to improve the OL and WRs (and the secondary), but I'm not entirely sold that these units are much improved, yet. I know Robby Anderson was a polarizing player here, but I don't feel like Perriman is a sure-fire improvement. In fact, I think he's a bit of a downgrade. I don't think I expect Doctson to even make the team. I'm excited to get Herndon back, hopefully he can stay healthy. Pretty sure that was the knock on him coming out. @JiF would know. I feel a little better about the OL mostly because I think McGovern represents a big improvement all by himself. If both of those groups are significantly improved, it'll be because JD slam-dunked the first two rounds of the draft. 

But yeah, no excuses. In his third year in the league and second in this offense, it's time to take some big strides. 

IMO Perriman is more talented then Robby.  But...all I can hope for with Perriman...is that a "lightbulb" went on in his head...that lead to his huge spike in production over those last six games last year.  Where due to injuries, he had an opportunity to be a full time starter.  And injuries...have been a factor in hindering him both with the Ravens and Browns too.   He's only 26...so maybe Jets are getting him at the right time.  We'll have to wait and see with him.

Herndon...gave Jets just about zero last year.  I'm counting on him being healthy and continuing the good chemistry and play he had with Darnold the year before.  I consider him  like a "new" weapon for Darnold.  Even better then that...cause we know what he can do if healthy.  

And..."louder with Crowder"...to mimick a youtube character...a solid dependable volume slot receiver...who should flourish even more...in the 2nd season in this offense.  

I love Mims.  A superior Braylon Edwards is how I see him.  An impressive athletic receiver. The backdoor plays...fades...acrobatic catches all over the field.  The ability to catch it on the fly 50 yards downfield.  He was a backup QB in high school...being groomed to be a starter.  Until he shown what he could do as a receiver.  I bring that up...because I believe this talk of Mims having a limited route tree is overblown.  Potential QB prospects should have a good concept of route running...if they're gonna fling it around the field.  Mims impressed with his route running at the Senior Bowl.  He's going to do so as a NYJ too.  He's also a ferocious run blocker.  IMO...a complete player.  There's always a learning curve with all rookies.  But I think he's going to surprise.

La'Michal Perine...is an ideal addition to the run game too.  Just the opposite of Bell...he explodes through a hole and makes quick cuts for extra yards.  Solid in pass protection.  And not just good for screens and bubble passes.  But he can release down the field for the passing game too.   Gase sees the run game more as a change of pace...to a prolific passing game he wants to implement.  So a Bell-Perine-Gore (familiar with Gase's offense) committee...is a good complement for the Gase pass attack.   

Cager could be an outright steal as a UDFA pick up.  Injuries have been his big problem.  He was having an impressive year at Georgia, until the injury bug cut his season short.  Could be an effective  situational  receiver for 1st downs and the redzone-endzone.  A chance down the road to be a solid productive #3-4 possession receiver.

The OL.  Simply put...in JD I trust.  Confident he must be...in what he wants...and has accomplished.  That I don't think he sees Warford as a proper fit for the quick athletic pieces he's assembled for the Jets OL.  One that's designed for wide splits, and an in-out zone blocking scheme.  Now the Becton pick...was the quintessential OL Beast...to be this decade's Jonathan Ogden...a Ravens I'm sure JD's familiar with.  

Then you have the pieces JD acquired for an "out of the box" defensive mind like GW to game plan with.  The D should be top 10.  Could be top 5...if QW breaks out and plays up to his talent.

In just one FA-draft-UDFA process.  JD has found pieces and upgrades in just about every facet of this team.  So much so...that Jets...for first time in a while...is a balanced enough football team, that can compete on any given day. 

Again...IMO...Jets have the QB edge.  A balanced team.  Good enough to compete and win the AFCE.

Can't wait to see what's gonna happen.      

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, GreenReaper said:

Just about all of your top QBs have improved from year to year while in their primes.  They're dedicated footballers who work at their craft in each offseason.  

Mono...plus a poor and injury riddled OL...was a real factor in holding back Darnold's development.

I don't give Darnold any excuses in his year three.  He has a much improved OL and skill players to work with.  He's also familiar with the playbook and offense too.  

I expect Darnold to lead Jets in winning the AFCE an land Jets into the playoffs.  

Thank you for driving home what I was rushing to say and what BARON doesn’t seem to get.  Claims it’s all too, complicated.  LOL

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, THE BARON said:

"Trust me", you say ??? Why should I ??? For all of your stated experience, you have no wisdom.  From where I am standing, it seems like you are complicating what I see as the obvious... 

Dude you’re clueless and you should watch tennis.  Too much to the game of football for you.  You’re taking a beating in your own thread.  Not cool

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Dude you’re clueless and you should watch tennis.  Too much to the game of football for you.  You’re taking a beating in your own thread.  Not cool

I don't post in search of agreement or to accumulate accolades. With football minds like yours in the neighborhood, I anticipate that many will often protest against my reasoning.  Instead of looking for significance through having your own thoughts reaffirmed by the masses, consider the contrary. Learn to appreciate the value of what you might not understand or agree with right off.  Give your larger brain a chance.  

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

2 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I don't post in search of agreement or to accumulate accolades. With football minds like yours in the neighborhood, I anticipate that many will often protest against my reasoning.  Instead of looking for significance through having your own thoughts reaffirmed by the masses, consider the contrary. Learn to appreciate the value of what you might not understand or agree with right off.  Give your larger brain a chance.  

Hey kids!

Here are two great examples of responding to the poster and not the post. Don’t do that. Let’s keep it civil. It’s better for everyone. 

Thanks! 

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, slats said:

Hey kids!

Here are two great examples of responding to the poster and not the post. Don’t do that. Let’s keep it civil. It’s better for everyone. 

Thanks! 

I don't mind his posts or any of his language.  None of it is offensive.  Some of the best threads are the ones that have controversy and intensity.  That is when some real thinking and expression gets done.  When you squeeze an orange you get orange juice.  When people are pressured a bit, you get the juice flowing. 

I didn't realize that this forum was for Archie, and Jug Head...

JugArchieComDig16.jpg

6 hours ago, Prez33 said:

I always find that the debate gets cheapened when people start slamming other’s intelligence. This is an opinion forum, for those who’ve forgotten. Taking shots at people because they disagree with you? 

Let’s take a deep breath. 

I was downvoted for saying I liked the Ram’s new uniforms. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

In what stats categories is Daniel Jones equal to or better than Darnold? 

Take a look...

Daniel Jones     2019  87.7  3027yds  279 ydsrg   62%  24/12

Sam Darnold    2019  84.3  3024yds    63 ydsrg   62%  19/13

Sam Darnold    2018  77.6  2865yds  138 ydsrg   57.3  17/15

• Haha 2