Not in HOF

8 hours ago, Losmeister said:

and thats the truth ruth...

65 or 29

revis' 29 ints is hof worthy??   hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

All right, you've convinced me. You never actually watch football. You just read your favorite stats and form opinions. 

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

He was great in 2010, the fact that people always bring up this one play proves it.  He wasn't in football shape yet which was understandable, when he came back he dominated once again.

Only Jets fans can crap on the best player we've ever had.

Not in football shape because he held out. Holding out for more money coming in out of shape that effected his play? Yay Revis? Hey if your need to worship a player is that great then have at it. Not me.   I root for the laundry. 

28 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Not in football shape because he held out. Holding out for more money coming in out of shape that effected his play? Yay Revis? Hey if your need to worship a player is that great then have at it. Not me.   I root for the laundry. 

Since there do seem to be numerous questions even among the Jets faithful can we at least dispense with the argument that the topic is not even in question?  The ship has sailed.

Also... And this is really a pet peeve of mine but the folks lining up on the other side of this are very quick to cast aspersions about how good or not good we are as Jets fans.  In other words what kind of Jets fan could we be if we even question this wisdom.  Frankly it is coming in some cases from the same people who made the same comments when discussing DRob, Vernon Gholston, Christian Hackenberg and a very very long list of others.  We are not real fans because we accept what our eyes are telling us or some such.

Real Jets fans can agree to differ on the question of Revis and the HOF and still be real Jets fans.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I never get upset with players trying to get as much money as they can.  He was by far our best player and the team still started great even with him not his usual self.

40 minutes ago, slats said:

All right, you've convinced me. You never actually watch football. You just read your favorite stats and form opinions. 

ffs, Slats...     you know damned well that isnt the truth...   the argument for Mevis is extremely weak.

some uknown guy dies and i find out he's 65 INT....     but Revis should be in the HOF.

I watched his whole career. 3 great years. simply not enough.

3 hours ago, Losmeister said:

the argument is way too strong against. 3 great years w/o winning sh*t isnt HOF material.

29 ints over 11 yrs is weak.

HOFer Troy Polamalu had 32 in 12. And the same number of all-pro selections.

"jajajajajajajajajajjajajajajajajaa!!!!!!!!!!"

Just now, predator_05 said:

HOFer Troy Polamalu had 32 in 12. And the same number of all-pro appearances.jajajajajajajajajajjajajajajajajaa!!!!!!!!!!"

certainly the best argument i have heard yet!

the hair made him look better than he was!!!   

9 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

ffs, Slats...     you know damned well that isnt the truth...   the argument for Mevis is extremely weak.

some uknown guy dies and i find out he's 65 INT....     but Revis should be in the HOF.

Revis made the all decade team and was a 4 time 1st team all pro which is as many as HOFer Rod Woodson and more than HoFers/future HOFers Darrell Green, Champ Bailey, Ty Law, Aeneas Williams, Mike Haynes, Lem Barney, Mel Blount, Ronde Barber, Richard Sherman...

27 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I never get upset with players trying to get as much money as they can.  He was by far our best player and the team still started great even with him not his usual self.

Me either. I want these guys to get every penny they can as well. But when it effects their ability to play by holding out and they come in out of shape to play when they finally show up?  That effects the team and I root for the team. Guy is trash, nice player for a short time, but long run? Just another mercenary. 

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Me either. I want these guys to get every penny they can as well. But when it effects their ability to play by holding out and they come in out of shape to play when they finally show up?  That effects the team and I root for the team. Guy is trash, nice player for a short time, but long run? Just another mercenary. 

It's impossible to be in game shape showing up the final week before the regular season.  He missed 2 games then he was every bit as good as he was in 2009.

He's the best player in team history.  

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, nyjunc said:

It's impossible to be in game shape showing up the final week before the regular season.  He missed 2 games then he was every bit as good as he was in 2009.

He's the best player in team history.  

Well that's like having the best high jump at a Weight Watchers meeting.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

certainly the best argument i have heard yet!

the hair made him look better than he was!!!   

Dude, you won't believe this...

HOFer Brian Dawkins, had just 37 INT in 16 seasons!!!!!!!!!1 Holy shiiiiet!!! That's mad low.

AND the same number of All-pro selections (4) as Revis too!! Unbelievable.

But he's not as bad as....

HOFer Steve Atwater, who had 24 INTs in 11 seasons!!! With 2 fewer All-pro selections. That's WAY LESSER THAN REVIS!!!! WHATTA FRAUD. 

I can only conclude that the HOF has really low standards. You and me should visit Canton. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Dude, you won't believe this...

HOFer Brian Dawkins, had just 37 INT in 16 seasons!!!!!!!!!1 Holy shiiiiet!!! That's mad low.

AND the same number of All-pro selections (4) as Revis too!! Unbelievable.

But he's not as bad as....

HOFer Steve Atwater, who had 24 INTs in 11 seasons!!! With 2 fewer All-pro selections. That's WAY LESSER THAN REVIS!!!! WHATTA FRAUD. 

I can only conclude that the HOF has really low standards. You and me should visit Canton.

honestly, i only looked at CBs...not the safeties

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

Judging Revis by his interception total alone is laughable. The man was a legit DPoY candidate, and removed the best WR from his team’s opponent consistently during his prime. QBs would literally avoid throwing to their best receiver when Revis was covering them. He doesn’t have heavy stats for just that reason. People who watch the games, know. 

I don’t know what his HoF odds are, and they’re certainly debatable, but the judges aren’t gonna look at his int total and say, “uh, nope.” Because that would be dumb. 

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Judging Revis by his interception total alone is laughable. The man was a legit DPoY candidate, and removed the best WR from his team’s opponent consistently during his prime. QBs would literally avoid throwing to their best receiver when Revis was covering them. He doesn’t have heavy stats for just that reason. People who watch the games, know. 

I don’t know what his HoF odds are, and they’re certainly debatable, but the judges aren’t gonna look at his int total and say, “uh, nope.” Because that would be dumb. 

He was robbed of DPOY in 2009, that was the best season for a corner ever and he's a lock for the Hall of Fame.  There is zero doubt he gets in.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, slats said:

ya know...   if it was a few INTs lower than the other CBs...    but his total is 17 INT lower than the fewest for a DB.

not 3, or 5 or 7....    17.....

and dude who just past away had 65...    65

5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

ya know...   if it was a few INTs lower than the other CBs...    but his total is 17 INT lower than the fewest for a DB.

not 3, or 5 or 7....    17.....

and dude who just past away had 65...    65

Who cares? He locked down the games best WRs in the toughest era for a CB.  Ken Riley had 65 INTs but just 1 first team all pro selection.  Revis had FOUR.  That means more than INTs because that means you were the best at your position.

In 2005 ty Law had 10 INTs (I think) and he was absolutely awful that year, he was picked on every week.  QBs were afraid to throw Revis' way, that limited his INT chances.

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, EM31 said:

Since there do seem to be numerous questions even among the Jets faithful can we at least dispense with the argument that the topic is not even in question?  The ship has sailed.

*Only* Jets fans have questions because they're angry at him. Fans of every other team will overwhelmingly agree he will be in the HOF

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

*Only* Jets fans have questions because they're angry at him. Fans of every other team will overwhelmingly agree he will be in the HOF

For me it was not that he did not have great years.  He just did not have enough of them for my money.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, The Crusher said:

The question is should he be in the HOF, and besides I doubt he would fit in your laundry.

9 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Revis isnt the best player we've had...

also, if Lester Hayes isnt in the HOF .... who was DPOY with 13int in a yr his team won the SB....

and the dude who died w/ 65 INT isnt...  no way...

I went to clap for this but my hands stuck together for some reason. 

• Upvote 1