The Wire Mafia (GAME OVER - STANFIELD WINS!)

21 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

The Ape was headed home. Through the help of his uncle and a team of lawyers, he had beat the murder charge. He’d pick up where he’d left off, hopefully earn some points on the package soon, and then he’d be making that real money.

But the Ape had messed up. Killing a man in front of witnesses brings the attention of the cops. Hiring those lawyers costs money. No, even though he had the right last name, the Ape was going to have to take a demotion and prove himself in the pit. Shape up the youngins and get that operation running smooth, and then he could think about workin the towers again.

But things changed for the Ape when they killed the witness at his trial, the only one who had the courage to testify against the nephew of Avon Barksdale in open court, the one mentioned all the way back in post 1 of this thread. He was just a working man, and the Ape beat the charge anyway. The cops that picked up the Ape to question him told him he had three kids who now had no father. Why’d his uncle have to kill the man? Why couldn’t we just sell the sh*t and walk away? Everything else in this country gets sold without people killing each other. Why not this?

The Ape had undergone yet another evolution of thought and spirit. He would preach his new nonviolent ways to the young hoppers in the pit. Show them there was a different path while taking them under his wing. The Ape was enlightened.

When the higher ups came around the way asking about Paradis, aka Wallace, he told them to leave him alone. He wasn’t a snitch, he was just a kid. Let the boy be, he said. Just let him be.

But they didn’t let him be, they murdered him in cold blood. After promising to leave him alone. He knew the game was ****ed up, but he thought people’s word still meant something. This was the last straw. And when the Ape got popped picking up the package from the new connect in NYC, he let them know it.

The Ape was officially out of pocket. Locked up, estranged from his uncle, Stringer worried he might snitch, but still carrying the last name that made the Stanfield Crew see red. The Ape didn’t know it yet, or maybe he did, but he was a dead man walking. For all his new enlightenment, it wasn’t long before he was ambushed in the prison library. He fought his unseen attacker for as long as he could, but eventually he ran out of breath. They rigged it to make it look like a suicide. No big investigation, no hoopla. The Ape was dead yet, and the game went on. After all, he was just another pawn.

Ape, aka D’Angelo Barksdale, VANILLA TOWN, has been killed.

image.jpeg.29bd861a1e4cf804c8227df2715afde9.jpeg

Spoot very well may have  investigated  me because my Character  is Stanfield. But, just like Ape is Barksdale my alignment is not scum. I’m vanilla town as well. My character is Stanfield. Maybe the wire tap mechanic might not have the same validity as a traditional investigation? I don’t know, but I’m not scum. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Spoot very well may have  investigated  me because my Character  is Stanfield. But, just like Ape is Barksdale my alignment is not scum. I’m vanilla town as well. My character is Stanfield. Maybe the wire tap mechanic might not have the same validity as a traditional investigation? I don’t know, but I’m not scum. 

@kdels62

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

nice reveal at L4 btw, crusher

Thought it was necessary because your citing Spoot as a finding and We are pretty close to not being able to afford another townie lynch. We have had Barksdale as town, we have had police as town, we also have at least one Stanfield as town. That’s me. Investigation lynched go way quicker than actual game play lynches, so I thought I had to reveal. Wiretaps in the show weren’t terribly reliable and a lot of bureaucracy limiting then, we have seen a lawyer by the way, I think Jvill played into that. The scum team must be tied into OMAR rather than split along Stanfield and Barksdale., If you guys want to lynch me it’s fine, but I wanted to make sure to do my best for town.,that’s all

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Thought it was necessary because your citing Spoot as a finding and We are pretty close to not being able to afford another townie lynch. We have had Barksdale as town, we have had police as town, we also have at least one Stanfield as town. That’s me. Investigation lynched go way quicker than actual lynches, so I thought I had to reveal. Wiretaps in the show weren’t terribly reliable and a lot of bureaucracy limiting then, we have seen a lawyer by the way, I think Jvill played into that. The scum team must be tied into OMAR rather than split along Stanfield and Barksdale., If you guys want to lynch me it’s fine, but I wanted to make sure to do my best for town.,that’s all

I'm sure kdels can resolve this for us in short order. 

If you're scum, well played. We had you D1 and you wiggled your way out and I hate you for it. Should have stuck with our instincts.

On 8/5/2020 at 2:20 PM, Integrity28 said:

Well, I’m a Barksdale and I’m town. So, I have to ask... am I confused... or did you just slip up?

On 8/5/2020 at 2:31 PM, kdels62 said:

Wait. What?

On 8/5/2020 at 2:37 PM, The Crusher said:

Now that's a damn interesting tidbit. 

On 8/5/2020 at 3:54 PM, The Crusher said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but if that's the case Ape just literally admitted to being scum? I find that hard to believe. 

On 8/5/2020 at 3:57 PM, kdels62 said:

So you told us that your characters backstory is Barksdale, not that your in game designation is Barksdale? 

On 8/5/2020 at 4:00 PM, The Crusher said:

That makes more sense. More than anything else since this came to light.

Here’s the exchange with Ape and here’s what I said. Didn’t want to reveal to much, but my situation is the same. I’m Stanfield but not scum im town. 

20 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Here’s the exchange with Ape and here’s what I said. Didn’t want to reveal to much, but my situation is the same. I’m Stanfield but not scum im town. 

yea none of that should matter. @kdels62 specifically said he gets results as barksdale crew or not barksdale crew. If spoot got a result a standfield crew on you, you're stanfield crew. 

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

yea none of that should matter. @kdels62 specifically said he gets results as barksdale crew or not barksdale crew. If spoot got a result a standfield crew on you, you're stanfield crew. 

Ok man. Nothing more I can do. It’s just odd they see split up like that with a lie detector and a detective as well  to probably substantiate the lie detector findings. That’s four investigative roles, makes sense it’s more complicated than yes no. Providing @HessStation was telling the truth about his. I don’t know man, but I certainly thought Ape was in the same boat I was. 

Barry look, here’s the goodbye post Spoot made after being NK. It says wiretap ability  that’s all, Makes  sense to me and I’m sure if Ape wasn’t dead yet he’s agree there’s more to the mechanic. ., Hess as the lie detector allegedly, 80 as the detective and JIF as the lawyer suggest there’s more to it then yes no on lie detector., plus! Who kills with a shotgun? Omar, Not Stanfield. Spoot made it pretty obvious he had a positive on me. If scum it would have made sense to kill him after he started on me to keep him from finding rest of my team. I’m town, so I can’t kill. 

22 hours ago,  jvill 51 said:

Spoot, aka Lester Freamon, TOWN STANFIELD COP (odd night) w/ WIRETAP ABILITY, has taken a shotgun blast to his beaver face.

high quality days GIF

30 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Barry look, here’s the goodbye post Spoot made after being NK. It says wiretap ability  that’s all, Makes  sense to me and I’m sure if Ape wasn’t dead yet he’s agree there’s more to the mechanic. ., Hess as the lie detector allegedly, 80 as the detective and JIF as the lawyer suggest there’s more to it then yes no on lie detector., plus! Who kills with a shotgun? Omar, Not Stanfield. Spoot made it pretty obvious he had a positive on me. If scum it would have made sense to kill him after he started on me to keep him from finding rest of my team. I’m town, so I can’t kill. 

22 hours ago,  jvill 51 said:

Spoot, aka Lester Freamon, TOWN STANFIELD COP (odd night) w/ WIRETAP ABILITY, has taken a shotgun blast to his beaver face.

high quality days GIF

I agree - seems like there's more to this "wiretap ability"

21 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

@kdels62 - spoots death scene indicates he has "wiretap ability". Do you have that? 

21 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Yep. Unfortunately, I suck and picked wrong twice and won’t get to use it.

^ seems like he only gets to use it when he gets a positive. Let's just wait to hear from him.

59 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Ok man. Nothing more I can do. It’s just odd they see split up like that with a lie detector and a detective as well  to probably substantiate the lie detector findings. That’s four investigative roles, makes sense it’s more complicated than yes no. Providing @HessStation was telling the truth about his. I don’t know man, but I certainly thought Ape was in the same boat I was. 

Hello, yes, I had a one time ability to lie detect a player. I used it D1 on Barry due to having to reveal D1. I replaced whoever and due to having to reveal the role based thus blowing my load D1 makes the game less interesting to me as I enjoy wifom’ing scum as town. Barry is town. 

I will now be joining a RL cult in NH w my family. We’ve decided to stay in the woods on this giant reservation living in our teepees and off the land a la the movie Mid Sommar and the Wicker Man.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Work just got busy.  I'm taking the liberty of waiting till the rest make their reads.  Why?  I'm universally read as town plus my reads since JiF have been awful.  Don't like it, Rule 14 or just vote my ass.  

Are you going to be a little bitch because you've had some bad reads or was this your way of avoiding pointing out the obvious spoot investigation breadcrumbs?

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

will now be joining a RL cult in NH w my family. We’ve decided to stay in the woods on this giant reservation living in our teepees and off the land a la the movie Mid Sommar and the Wicker Man.

lucky

36 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Are you going to be a little bitch because you've had some bad reads or was this your way of avoiding pointing out the obvious spoot investigation breadcrumbs?

This one you quoted. Aggressive scum is now Preemptively changing tactics. It’s a scummy post. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/5/2020 at 4:09 PM, Spoot-Face said:

Sus list: Crusher, JC, Barry, Nyn.

IMO, with # of players, probably 2 scum teams of 3, with JiF as the double agent.

Fun fact about @Jetsfan80 #754:

While some animals have penises equipped with hooks, or barbs, to hold females in place during sex, 80's penis is equipped with pneumatic pistons that actively push away the female vagina.

On 8/7/2020 at 4:07 PM, Spoot-Face said:

I'm not sure if I would've protected Hess, because he has a penchant for lying about PRs, but I think I'd trust Nyn's instincts as Doc over my own.

I think Lizzie is low hanging fruit and too easy a lynch.

As for you: instincts. Your early aggressive play screamed scum, and nothing I've seen from you since has changed my opinion. Drums saw it too, and I actually respect his game.

IMO, per the source, Omar fits as a Vig, more than a SK.

Huh?

I'm just trying to wrap my head around the fact that kdels is still alive. Someone protecting him N3 makes sense.

Spoot locks onto Crusher hard during D4 after his investigation. He doesn't come off of it. It's safe to say that Crusher is scum. However, there is another aspect about this that is harder to figure out. 

The wiretap ability allows the cop to bypass a his night action and instead look into the QT of the scum faction. Basically if I nailed one of my choices I'd have had access to the QT of Barksdale crew. 

Spoot gives that Sus list but comes off on Nyn. So likely, he didn't get a look into the QT. 

12 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Spoot locks onto Crusher hard during D4 after his investigation. He doesn't come off of it. It's safe to say that Crusher is scum. However, there is another aspect about this that is harder to figure out. 

The wiretap ability allows the cop to bypass a his night action and instead look into the QT of the scum faction. Basically if I nailed one of my choices I'd have had access to the QT of Barksdale crew. 

Spoot gives that Sus list but comes off on Nyn. So likely, he didn't get a look into the QT. 

How does the timing on that work though? Seems like he wouldn't have unlocked wiretap option until N5?