Sports is now on the precipice-Miami Marlins Covid

10 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

MLS opener this year on ESPN... 464,000 viewers

MLB opener this year ...4 million plus 

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/mls-is-back-tv-ratings-orlando-city-inter-miami-espn

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/24/espns-mlb-opening-day-games-draws-average-of-4-million-viewers.html

But yeah, continue to tell me more how much more people like MLS over MLB.

a lot more

27 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The average NFL play is about 4 seconds and the next play starts 25 seconds later if there isn't a tv timeout, team timeout or "Instant" replay.  A batter pulling his underwear out of his crack between pitches isn't nothing any more than a bunch of guys standing around in the huddle waiting for the next play to come in.  

Soccer is great but the lack of timeouts for commercials is a big negative in the USA.  

That's why the stadiums and player uniforms have ads all over them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

It isn't under control.  Millions have vacated Manhattan for the summer.  Tens of millions are working from home.  Camps are closed.   When the kids go back to school and families say, screw it, might as well go back to the office, it's all over. September is going to be awful, October takes us back to April, just watch.

SAR I

Exactly, it’s not going away, never was, it was always about it spreading slowly enough as to not fill already understaffed PROFIT CENTERS, ah, I mean Hospitals. 
Most Immunologists were correct, best to stay open with caveats of masks, washing hands, social distancing. 
But, we just ruined millions of people’s businesses they worked years to create to make sure those PROFIT CENTERS weren’t overflowing with Covid patients. 
You could stay inside for 5 months & go to the grocery store & oops, touched my face. 
Face reality everyone. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I don't know, I haven't lived in CA etc

I do know that you can't order ANYTHING in Jacksonville and expect it to be right more than 20 percent of the time, if that. 

I also know that almost to a man, every single person I worked with at One Ocean was not bright. It was the dumbest kitchen I ever worked in. 

I also know that my ex gf that I met there has a degree in molecular biology and waits tables at Roy's at 40 years old.

I also have a friend there that had symptoms and works in a DOCTOR'S office, was told just "keep a little distance from the patients", took a COVID test, went to a party with 20 people and a week later, the test came back positive.

I also happened to see with my own eyes, what took place in St. Augustine when the lockdown was over. It was a free for all, no masks, no social distancing, nada. 

So yeah, let's not go comparing NYC, who's numbers peaked in APRIL when the disease was very new and now has 300 cases per day and 1.2 percent positive tests where EVERYONE wears a mask EVERYWHERE , to a state that has surpassed it in f'ing JULY, when there is absolutely no excuse to be exploding exponentially the way it has.  But it's okay because only old people are dying...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/27/health/florida-covid-children-hospitalizations/index.html

I don't know why you defend that city so strongly. You're not from there, and if it was The Munsters, you'd be one of the Marilyns

You're right.  We're all stupid.  Thank you for coming down here and showing us what a smart person looks like.  They city is better off for it.  We appreciate you and are considering a monument in your honor.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I'm very well traveled.  As a group Floridians are uniquely stupid having nothing to do with Covid.  On the plus side the weather, beaches and lack of income tax have led to a large migration from outside Florida that will continue to replace the native population as natural selection culls the herd.  

Projecting some insecurities here? Who says this stuff?

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Exactly, it’s not going away, never was, it was always about it spreading slowly enough as to not fill already understaffed PROFIT CENTERS, ah, I mean Hospitals. 
Most Immunologists were correct, best to stay open with caveats of masks, washing hands, social distancing. 
But, we just ruined millions of people’s businesses they worked years to create to make sure those PROFIT CENTERS weren’t overflowing with Covid patients. 
You could stay inside for 5 months & go to the grocery store & oops, touched my face. 
Face reality everyone. 

Sweden says hello! 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I'm very well traveled.  As a group Floridians are uniquely stupid having nothing to do with Covid.  On the plus side the weather, beaches and lack of income tax have led to a large migration from outside Florida that will continue to replace the native population as natural selection culls the herd.  

Agreed and many come from NY, like my family and just about every other person I meet.  Unfortunately, stupid is contagious and we're all stupid.  Hopefully more super smart people like Gastineau Lives will visit our state and maybe our brains will get better and stuff.

Just now, JiF said:

Agreed and many come from NY, like my family and just about every other person I meet.  Unfortunately, stupid is contagious and we're all stupid.  Hopefully more super smart people like Gastineau Lives will visit our state and maybe our brains will get better and stuff.

Holy. Crap.

Folks,

This thread is getting lively, which is okay, but some of the comments appear to be bordering on getting personal.  If you type something, please read it once through and make sure you aren't attacking another poster directly.  Broad attacks on entities like a state, a league, or a professional player (within limits) are generally okay.  Just don't cross the line so we can keep this gem going.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, nycdan said:

Folks,

This thread is getting lively, which is okay, but some of the comments appear to be bordering on getting personal.  If you type something, please read it once through and make sure you aren't attacking another poster directly.  Broad attacks on entities like a state, a league, or a professional player (within limits) are generally okay.  Just don't cross the line so we can keep this gem going.

noted.

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

You're right.  We're all stupid.  Thank you for coming down here and showing us what a smart person looks like.  They city is better off for it.  We appreciate you and are considering a monument in your honor.

And yeah, your city does ******* suck. Me and my brother got rear ended by some girl that was doing 75 on Phillips Hwy, 45mph limit. She slammed into the rear of our car between the rear tire and the passenger side door, causing us to flip over, totaling the car and almost killing us. She fled the scene, and then turned herself in the next day. She got a ticket. We got to have no car and a trip to the hospital. No one gives a **** that's why it is one of the leaders in car accidents every year. Fck that place.