Sports is now on the precipice-Miami Marlins Covid

7 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

This is a party! let's go!

All great topics:

Sports being on the precipice of _______________.

MLS

Christian Pulisic

European Soccer

And now, Florida!

This is the best thread ever.

You left out strippers and sparkle.. 

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

"tHe HeAt WiLl KiLl ThE vIrUs!!!!1!!1!"

It's not. But testing up by a lot. The average age of those contracting it now is low. The mortality rate (while all death is bad) remains fairly stagnant. I don't get why people are flat out ignoring this. A positive test for a sports team obviously messes things up, bu it's not an indication of much either as long as those who are susceptible are kept away.

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

And yeah, your city does ******* suck. Me and my brother got rear ended by some girl that was doing 75 on Phillips Hwy. She slammed into the rear of our car between the rear tire and the passenger side door, causing us to flip over, totaling the car and almost killing us. She fled the scene, and then turned herself in the next day. She got a ticket. We got to have no car and a trip to the hospital. Fck that place.

Car accidents only happen in Jacksonville, FL  Because we're all stupid. 

Come back, we need your help!

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

And yeah, your city does ******* suck. Me and my brother got rear ended by some girl that was doing 75 on Phillips Hwy. She slammed into the rear of our car between the rear tire and the passenger side door, causing us to flip over, totaling the car and almost killing us. She fled the scene, and then turned herself in the next day. She got a ticket. We got to have no car and a trip to the hospital. Fck that place.

I mean yeah, pretty much this (and your other post) lmao.  Florida has some beautiful areas but, having been to many places there more than enough times, the people that live there are, in fact, some of the dumbest people I've ever encountered.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I mean yeah, pretty much this (and your other post) lmao.  Florida has some beautiful areas but, having been to many places there more than enough times, the people that live there are, in fact, some of the dumbest people I've ever encountered.

Word!  We need more smart guy like you down here.  Maybe you and GL can start a school and teach us stupid people to have better brains so we can do some good things for the world!

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It's not. But testing up by a lot. The average age of those contracting it now is low. The mortality rate (while all death is bad) remains fairly stagnant. I don't get why people are flat out ignoring this. A positive test for a sports team obviously messes things up, bu it's not an indication of much either as long as those who are susceptible are kept away.

The goobers down there had a gigantic heads up, months in advance, as to how contagious this thing was, left beaches open, didn't put a curfew in place, didn't require a friggin' mask, basically treated it like it was all a hoax, and now they're all swimming in sh*t.  Do you really think I'm stupid enough to buy this nonsense that Florida's numbers are high because "testing is up"?

The state and it's population are, largely, stupid.  I'm standing by that, and their handling of it all backs me up.

Just now, Matt39 said:

People actually think the Jersey Shore is nice.

Count me in.

I don't know if I would call it "nice" but, there are certainly nice parts and it holds a special place in my proverbial heart...I would argue that there is NOTHING like it in the summer...

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Agreed and many come from NY, like my family and just about every other person I meet.  Unfortunately, stupid is contagious and we're all stupid.  Hopefully more super smart people like Gastineau Lives will visit our state and maybe our brains will get better and stuff.

I predict the anti-vaccine movement will start in Florida.  

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The goobers down there had a gigantic heads up, months in advance, as to how contagious this thing was, left beaches open, didn't put a curfew in place, didn't require a friggin' mask, basically treated it like it was all a hoax, and now they're all swimming in sh*t.  Do you really think I'm stupid enough to buy this nonsense that Florida's numbers are high because "testing is up"?

Testing is up. That's just a fact. The mortality rate has remained stagnant. A positive test if treated properly is not a stop the presses moment. I live in a major city here and everyone wears a mask indoors and people are abiding by the rules for the most part. There havent been major protests either recently, which also somehow doesnt transmit the virus.

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

Agreed and many come from NY, like my family and just about every other person I meet.  Unfortunately, stupid is contagious and we're all stupid.  Hopefully more super smart people like Gastineau Lives will visit our state and maybe our brains will get better and stuff.

I was driving from NC back home to SC & every other car was New Yorkers heading South & getting out of dodge. 
NY Covid slowed because no one is going ANYWHERE & everyone else has left to go South or out to Eastern LI, or New England. 

2 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Count me in.

I don't know if I would call it "nice" but, there are certainly nice parts and it holds a special place in my proverbial heart...I would argue that there is NOTHING like it in the summer...

Montauk, Cape Cod are both much nicer...granted these places all of have way too many people now, but the Jersey Shore was ehhh.

I love Florida...for vacation.

My ideal spot in Florida: west coast near Fort Myers.  Specifically, Sanibel/Captiva Island.  One of the most relaxing places I've ever been.

And I love Disney World, although, I haven't been there in 15+ years?

Any Disney World fans?

Any Sanibel fans?

Just now, Matt39 said:

Montauk, Cape Cod...granted these places all of have way too many people now, but the Jersey Shore was ehhh.

Much "nicer" places, sort of...way too far for someone growing up in Northern NJ, sorry.  Montauk--you have to get there, you have to drive there...same with Cape Cod.

Check out: Island Beach State Park in South Seaside Park, NJ--very comparable to the vibe of those two places when you drive in and really get in there.  Thank me later.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yes.  Stupid white trash, like me.

My nephew works for Amazon in Jax & one of the 1st responders to that shooting a few weeks ago. He’s a physical therapist from LI & he did chest compressions but was unable to save that 20 year old. 
He ran towards where the shots were fired, he was on break in his truck in the parking lot. 
I guess there is a lot of crime in Jax, is that true? 

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

I live in a state that isn't stupid and is now one of like, 3 that have it under control.  NY is irrelevant to me.

So when you say under control, lmao... Reality is that it already took it's course in NY as it is in other states now. Which by the way was the idea of the lock down to begin with. No one ever said that we would stop the spread we merely slowed it so that the whole country didn't suffer it's full effect all at once. It's convenient for NY to now say "we have it under control" as opposed to "those who were going to get sick and die have mostly done so at this point" particularly as the initial beach head where many left the state and probably helped to spread it as they drove and flew around the country.

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The state and it's population are, largely, stupid.  I'm standing by that, and their handling of it all backs me up.

No sh*t!?!!? It sucked when I couldnt go surfing when my beach was locked down.

God, how did you get so smart?  You know more than I do about my own city!?!?!!