Rookie OTs - Thankful for Big Ticket!

bla bla bla

5 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Wow, the Giants pick was supposed to be the guy with the high floor.

To be fair, I heard that was one of the issues with the Giants HC and OL coach.  They did that thing where they draft a guy who was a great college player and then ask him to do his job differently than he had in the past.  He has supposedly been allowed to go back to what he's comfortable with and the results have been better.

Not saying I've seen it for myself, but heard or read about it somewhere recently.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, AFJF said:

To be fair, I heard that was one of the issues with the Giants HC and OL coach.  They did that thing where they draft a guy who was a great college player and then ask him to do his job differently than he had in the past.  He has supposedly been allowed to go back to what he's comfortable with and the results have been better.

Not saying I've seen it for myself, but heard or read about it somewhere recently.

Quite possible. I mean, why draft a guy and have him play to his strengths?

• Upvote 1

I'm thankful for this kid too.

I was scared to trade away and just lose our only star player in Jamal Adams to build around.

I'm now thankful to say that we not only have a star but an NFL Superstar to root for and build around. And his name is Mekhi Becton. A blue chip Franchise LT. 

And he's the most dominant (not just rookie) Jet player that I've ever witnessed and experienced with my own eyes since #24 Darrelle Revis, but not even Revis as a Rookie nor 2nd year player was ever this over powering and this absolutely dominant; this early on. 

Yes he ended up playing every snap of every game but not even D'Brickishaw Ferguson of 2006 as a rookie looked as polished as this and nowhere near as physically absolutely dominant as this - he's scary good.  

Mekhi Becton is the true reason why I want Trevor Lawrence this bad with no fear whatsoever; Trevor will shine in the NFL by having his blindside protected buy an animal within the form of a human beast @ LT in order for him to only worry about what's in front of him while being able to scan the field (as he currently does). 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Drums said:

Having Tom Brady must help a ton so I still think Becton is the best. Becton also looks like a 70s movie star in that pic. Gotta love Thomas being so bad for the Giants. 

This is a great point. The Jets have no running game, no passing game and bad QB play.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

When my son went to college the coaches moved him from center to tackle. They never told him they were thinking of that during the recruiting process.  They also ran zone blocking which was new to him.

I saw his high school coach and he said how is it going for him. I said coach I am a little worried and I explained what was going on.

He said, "tell him to block the man in front of him. The coaches will figure out what he is all about".

Was legit the best answer I ever received in my life.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

Reminds me of good ol Sheldon Richardson the OLB.  Good times Good times. 

• Upvote 2