Records and streaks.

Torus34

Modern professional sports is record-happy; 'That's the 11th time the pitcher has gone to the rosin bag in the 6th inning -- a new club record!" Among records are streaks: "The left fielder has scratched his crotch for 37 consecutive innings!"  [Ed.: Perhaps you're a tad tired of listening to the record blather by the commenters on radio and TV.]

'Nuff. We've two streaks going in the NFL. The Pittsburgh Steelers are on a winning streak and the New Jersey Jets, well, they've got one going, too. The Jet's streak is different, though. I doubt there are many fans rooting for it to continue.

Go, Jets!

• Thumb Down 4

6 minutes ago, Torus34 said:

Modern professional sports is record-happy; 'That's the 11th time the pitcher has gone to the rosin bag in the 6th inning -- a new club record!" Among records are streaks: "The left fielder has scratched his crotch for 37 consecutive innings!"  [Ed.: Perhaps you're a tad tired of listening to the record blather by the commenters on radio and TV.]

'Nuff. We've two streaks going in the NFL. The Pittsburgh Steelers are on a winning streak and the New Jersey Jets, well, they've got one going, too. The Jet's streak is different, though. I doubt there are many fans rooting for it to continue.

Go, Jets!

At this point in the season you would be wrong. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, Torus34 said:

Go, Jets!

That's where you are mistaken.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I NEVER root for the Jets to lose. If that makes me not a "real" fan so be it. 

I'd rather root to get a guy that will be leading figure and face of the franchise for 10-15 years than for a win from guys wearing Jet jerseys and helmets that will not be wearing Jet jerseys and helmets in five weeks. If that makes me not a "real" Jet fan, so be it.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

5 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I NEVER root for the Jets to lose. If that makes me not a "real" fan so be it. 

So...

@ 0-11 you're going to be rooting for the Jets to beat the Raiders this Sunday in order to improve to 1-11?

While throwing away both the #1 pick and Trevor Lawrence?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Torus34 said:

Go, Jets!

Eat a large giant green weenie.

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

To be honest I dont care if we get the no 1 ... I have seen 3 Trevor Lawrence games . So my exposure to him is a limited. But what I saw was a good QB .. not John Elway or Tom Brady.

Can someone change my opinion meter to 100 percent ?

Even if you're not sold on Lawrence, you at least have to acknowledge that having the first pick in each round is not a bad place to be.  

Having control of the board is nice regardless of how weak or strong a draft class is.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

To be honest I dont care if we get the no 1 ... I have seen 3 Trevor Lawrence games . So my exposure to him is a limited. But what I saw was a good QB .. not John Elway or Tom Brady.

Can someone change my opinion meter to 100 percent ?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

That's fine. 

Let's say JD doesn't like Lawrence for some reason. He would need balls of steel, but he could either take Fields or trade the pick for the biggest haul in NFL draft history. Both are potentially enticing options. 

You should care if we get #1, lol. 

Also, with the Jets being this bad, they are legitimately earning the number 1 pick. I like when people get what they earn. 

• Sympathy 1

I'd rather root to get a guy that will be leading figure and face of the franchise for 10-15 years than for a win from guys wearing Jet jerseys and helmets that will not be wearing Jet jerseys and helmets in five weeks. If that makes me not a "real" Jet fan, so be it.
Like the consensus best QB in the draft ??? ....

.... Flashback to the Future ..

Marty MacDarnold.

That's fine. 
Let's say JD doesn't like Lawrence for some reason. He would need balls of steel, but he could either take Fields or trade the pick for the biggest haul in NFL draft history. Both are potentially enticing options. 
You should care if we get #1, lol. 
Also, with the Jets being this bad, they are legitimately earning the number 1 pick. I like when people get what they earn. 
Recently I've been leaning towards "the haul".