Vince Young Intelligence test results

GimmeShelter

I went to SU with DNabb, had some classes together and even hung at a bar occassionally together so I've had some interactions with him and I can say that he was one of the nicest guys I ever met that played for SU, he was also dumb as a doornob and didn't really give a sh!t because he knew he was getting paid.

That's basically the impression I always got of him. That he was a genuinely nice & decent guy, but not too bright. Funny to get first-hand-knowledge confirmation of it.

Vick scored a 20. Marino was 16 or close to that. I believe a 25 is average.

Gore had a known, diagnosed learning disabilty. He got special ed help in college, and was very proud of the fact he got his degree.

What is racially biased about knowing the September is the ninth month? Or that March has about as many hours of daylight as September? Or that the shape that doesn't belong is the one with 6 sides, instead of four, like all the others?

I'm going to take a test this afternoon that is modeled like the Wonderlic. After I take it, I'll post the site. It's 50 Q's, 12 minute time limit.

A league source tells us that there's a rumor making the rounds at the combine that Texas quarterback Vince Young scored a miserably horrible six on the Wonderlic test.

A six! That's bad. It's beyond bad. In fact, it's the lowest score that we can ever remember hearing anyone getting.

All incoming NFL players take a 50-question version of the Wonderlic, with a 12-minute window within which to finish it.We found 15 sample Wonderlic questions on ESPN.com's page 2, including such brain-benders as selecting the ninth month of the year from among five possible choices. We'd like to think that most people of average intelligence could get at least six of the 15 sample questions right.

Getting a total of only six out of a total of 50 questions of that same kind is pa-freakin'-thetic. For a guy who's going to be called upon to read defenses and call audibles and work through a progression of receivers against NFL-caliber opposition, it's downright scary.

The source tells us that he hasn't seen the result in writing yet, but that he's "99 percent" certain that Young's score was six.Said the source, who knows a thing or two about evaluating college players:

"I predict he'll fall all the way out of the first round."

That's a bold statement, and we're not saying that we agree with it -- primarily because our guess is that there's someone almost dumb enough to get a six on the Wonderlic, who'll overlook Young's low score along with any other concerns that might come to light over the next two months.

Marino scored so low because he thought "Wonderlic" had something to do with what you did to the mirror after you snorted white lines off of it. So he was a tad dissapointed when they actually had questions on paper and #2 pencils and such.

As to Young, while you may not need to be an Einstein to play in the NFL, an NFL QB has to at least understand a system and master a playbook. And this isn't encouraging, when you add in that throwing motion, it's a tough sell.

You won't get NFL teams to release Wonderlic scores anymore R Sherry, so these are hard to come by....They used to do it regularly and fully on NFL.com, until some players with scores below 10 starting making a fuss over the public humiliation.....Miami Hurricanes have had a tendency to score real low over time.

Here are the scores of some of the Combine QB's that have taken the test since the 1980's.....Vinny Testaverde was always noted to be fairly dumb, but he still got an 18.

http://www.unc.edu/~mirabile/Wonderlic.htm

Found these interesting. Check out this bunch of guys commonly thought of as dopes, in one way or another:

Josh McCown: 30

Quincy Carter: 30

Cade McNown: 28

Ryan Leaf: 27

Kerry Collins: 30

Drew Bledsoe: 37,35

compared to

...Rhodes Scholar Finalist, Chad Pennington: 25

You're right. No one at all found it surprising, interesting, or intriguing. Sorry to have taken up your valuable time. Please start some more great topics.

The Wonderlic isn't exactly a great test to use to determine someone's IQ. It's a great test to see how quick someone can think, however. So, to say Chad isn't smart, considering he only got a 25 on the Wonderlic, isn't entirely accurate. I'd say, compared to a Drew Bledsoe, he's not as quick a thinker.

I have two words for you: Daunte Culpeper. I know people who knew him from Florida in high school and they said he is the dumbest mf on the planet. Still, he's had an excellent career as an nfl qb. Point is, you can be dumb and still be successful in sports. Who'd you rather have? Rhodes finalist Chad Pennington or Daunte Culpeper. It should also help Young that Culpeper is the nfl qb he most gets compared to besides Vick.

The Wonderlic isn't exactly a great test to use to determine someone's IQ. It's a great test to see how quick someone can think, however. So, to say Chad isn't smart, considering he only got a 25 on the Wonderlic, isn't entirely accurate. I'd say, compared to a Drew Bledsoe, he's not as quick a thinker.

SS I never said that it defined how intelligent these players were. Only that it was interesting that some boobs scored higher than Chad on an intelligence-type test. It doesn't mean Chad's dumber & I don't think he is (unless he's giving a press conference).

SS I never said that it defined how intelligent these players were. Only that it was interesting that some boobs scored higher than Chad on an intelligence-type test. It doesn't mean Chad's dumber & I don't think he is (unless he's giving a press conference).

I know... but then again, you classify it as an intelligence test, when clearly, it's not. You do have to have some level of intelligence to take the test, and that's just a basic high school education. It's a test that sees how fast of a thinker you are.

I know... but then again, you classify it as an intelligence test, when clearly, it's not. You do have to have some level of intelligence to take the test, and that's just a basic high school education. It's a test that sees how fast of a thinker you are.

Wonderlic's test most definitely IS a type of intelligence test. The company says so itself. Though they try to dress it up in a pc-way by calling it "cognitive ability" all over the place. But if you read down a little, they do in fact define "cognitive ability":

http://www.wonderlic.com/products/product.asp?prod_id=4

Wonderlic Personnel Test™ (WPT™)

Measure cognitive ability —the most accurate predictor of employment success.

Description

The WPT is a short-form measure of cognitive ability designed for simple administration and interpretation. The WPT is a crucial component of any successful hiring program.

Content

Research has proven that cognitive ability, or general intelligence, is the single greatest predictor of job success—for any position. More effective than resumes, education, references or interviews, cognitive ability testing gives you the objective information you need to make the right hiring decision.

The WPT takes only 12 minutes to complete. It accurately measures a candidate’s ability to:

• Learn a specific job
  • Solve problems
  • Understand instructions
  • Apply knowledge to new situations
  • Benefit from specific job training
  • Be satisfied with a particular job

I don't see where it says it's an intelligence test. I see where it says what it does (which proving how smart someone is, is not one of the things mentioned). I see where the description of the test says that general intelligence is needed to be sucessful. But, it doesn't not state that it is an intelligence test. It's a test that provides the means to an end. The end? To see how fast someone can process information.

If you are interested, there si a six minute version of the Wonderlic at this site:

http://2006.ontheclockdraft.com/

You have to register first, but it's interesting. It's not as easy as the ESPN "sample test" was, but still...... anything less than a ten is pitiful. I got a 28, but skipped some of the more time consuming math problems, which was a mistake, because I had time left at the end.

New post-

COMBINE OFFICIAL SCREWED UP VINCE'S WONDERLIC

A league source tells us that Texas quarterback Vince Young indeed scored a six on the Wonderlic test on Saturday -- but that the guy who graded the test screwed the thing up when totaling the number of right answers.

Combine officials, we're told, have re-scored the Young's test and the test of all other players who took it in his group. NFL teams will get the official Wonderlic results for all players later in the week.

On Saturday, there was widespread chatter at the combine that Young got only six out of 50 questions right on the standard test used by the NFL to gauge player intelligence. The Nashville Tennessean corroborated the reports of the low score in its Sunday edition.

Whether the actual number was 6 or 50 or something in between remains to be seen.

It's a major embarrassment, in our view, for the folks who put on the combine. Because it's inevitable that this information will get out (indeed, Pro Football Weekly got their mitts on the full Wonderlic results from the 2005 combine), it's critical that the folks charged with grading the tests get it right.

It's even more important that the scores are right before the information is leaked.

We have a feeling that this one could get interesting. Stay tuned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have two words for you: Daunte Culpeper. I know people who knew him from Florida in high school and they said he is the dumbest mf on the planet. Still, he's had an excellent career as an nfl qb. Point is, you can be dumb and still be successful in sports. Who'd you rather have? Rhodes finalist Chad Pennington or Daunte Culpeper. It should also help Young that Culpeper is the nfl qb he most gets compared to besides Vick.

he has????? he had to get hurt for that team to win

New post-

COMBINE OFFICIAL SCREWED UP VINCE'S WONDERLIC

A league source tells us that Texas quarterback Vince Young indeed scored a six on the Wonderlic test on Saturday -- but that the guy who graded the test screwed the thing up when totaling the number of right answers.

Combine officials, we're told, have re-scored the Young's test and the test of all other players who took it in his group. NFL teams will get the official Wonderlic results for all players later in the week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sounds like the same dept. at NFL HQ that handled the Herm to Jets hiring is handling the spin of this issue

Archived