How Does It Feel Losing Trevor Lawrence So Gase Does Not Have To Go WInless ???

THE BARON

1 minute ago, THE BARON said:

As a matter of fact, I do plan on deleting my account after I have had a chance to document my anticipated bbq of Jets items.   Perhaps such will serve to inspire a few others to a more constructive and fulfilling pursuit... 

Watch The Long Kiss Goodnight | Prime Video

3 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

As a matter of fact, I do plan on deleting my account after I have had a chance to document my anticipated bbq of Jets items.   Perhaps such will serve to inspire a few others to a more constructive and fulfilling pursuit... 

Leader of Men right here.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, THE BARON said:

I know I have recently stated that I was done with the Jets for good, and I am, but I have a question for you...

How does it feel to lose Trevor Lawrence so that dreary charlatan  Adam Gase can avoid going winless ???

You just paid for his pride with the next 15 years of your team's future.  Does that bother you in the least ???  A toxic influence that has given you the least has cost you the most and strictly for his benefit.  He's "rich" and he did this...

I'd like to know how you feel about that...

FYI.... I've got a number of Jet jerseys, hats, gloves, shirts and jackets.  

I'll post a photo of what they look like going up in flames shortly....

Bad.

Now let me ask you this; if the Jets lose out and Jags win a game, are you coming back?

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Bad.

Now let me ask you this; if the Jets lose out and Jags win a game, are you coming back?

Bad ???  I intend to carry this out in a safe, legal manner... This will be satisfying and cathartic.  A cleansing. 

Though, I am having a few reservations about destroying my Jets sweaters, hats and down jackets  I think I'm going to donate them instead.  

I'll still have plenty of other Jet related items to send to the infernal region.  

And...

There is *NO* chance the Jags will win either of their remaining two games.  

Only the Jets brass would be and HAVE BEEN foolish and inept to that end.

33 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

You call missing out in TL a "setback" ??? That is beyond understatement.   It is a disaster that will be keeping company with the Titanic sinking for many, many years to come.   Much worse than O'Brian over Marino.  

And, this disaster was totally avoidable.  Blame the person(s) who didn't fire Gase weeks ago and give a standing order to the entire CS to "evaluate" 2nd and 3rd team talent for 2021. 

The motive to avoid the tank on the sidelines and the field was Gase's pride in combination with inaction from above. JD should have sh*tcanned him weeks ago

not all of the qb's can be the first guy picked in the draft.  generally they're first rounders.  it's silly to confuse this with the sinking of the titanic (leaving aside the number of innocent people that died).  it isn't.  the season isn't yet over and if not this draft but there could be a guy or two in next years.  at best not drafting lawrence may set this team back a season or two.

1 minute ago, THE BARON said:

Bad ???  I intend to carry this out in a safe, legal manner... This will be satisfying and cathartic.  A cleansing. 

Though, I am having a few reservations about destroying my Jets sweaters, hats and down jackets  I think I'm going to donate them instead.  

I'll still have plenty of other Jet related items to send to the infernal region.  

And...

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

not all of the qb's can be the first guy picked in the draft.  generally they're first rounders.  it's silly to confuse this with the sinking of the titanic (leaving aside the number of innocent people that died).  it isn't.  the season isn't yet over and if not this draft but there could be a guy or two in next years.  at best not drafting lawrence may set this team back a season or two.

"innocent people that died"

You have got to be kidding.  Specious accusations of insensitivity here where that analogy was applied may very well be the weakest, most execrable remark I've ever come across on this board.  Congratulations are in order.  

15 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

And...

You asked how it feels, I said it feels bad.

There was no chance we'd beat the Rams and then we did.  

You should donate your clothes.  The rest?  Burn some and share the video but keep a couple of key few items and have a lottery give away to the board for access back into our elite society. 

19 minutes ago, JiF said:

You asked how it feels, I said it feels bad.

There was no chance we'd beat the Rams and then we did.  

You should donate your clothes.  The rest?  Burn some and share the video but keep a couple of key few items and have a lottery give away to the board for access back into our elite society. 

Ahh... I dig  Pardon.  I thought you meant it was bad that I had planned to torch my Jet items.  And yes... I'm going to donate the jackets, sweaters and hats.  The jerseys are not actual "clothing" that will keep anyone warm, so I will torch those along with a few other choice items not suitable for donation...

And I want to add here since I have been contentions with other posters regarding the Rams game.

I'm not mad at anyone here or any other Jets fans.

I'm disgusted with the Jets brand.

They do not deliver an acceptable product.  What we have here is product liability.

All of us would never think to by a particular brand of automobile, electronics or appliance if we had *repeat* quality issues with it.  However, we continue to patronize the Jets brand regardless of horrendous quality.  Perennial horrendous quality.

I'm past disgusted and will no longer endorse or patronize in any way this garbage product.

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

"innocent people that died"

You have got to be kidding.  Specious accusations of insensitivity here where that analogy was applied may very well be the weakest, most execrable remark I've ever come across on this board.  Congratulations are in order.  

I mean, your original post is a pretty weak, execrable remark.

8 minutes ago, the Claw said:

I mean, your original post is a pretty weak, execrable remark.

whatever.   the jets suck and will continue to suck.   i had some hope with jd running the team, but after the rams game, i have zero confidence in sustained success or any success for that matter.  

Sam with a good team, O-line, skill position players and better coaching imo can be an efficient starter. Maybe a Tannehill type player. Which is OK. But Lawrence looks like he can be elite. None of this is definite. We've seen Sam make terrible plays, turnovers and for long periods in a game be ineffective. Look really good Qbs this year like Big Ben, Brady etc are making bonehead plays and turning the ball over, pick 6s etc. So it's not just Darnold. And for the most part he's not making those kinds of mistakes. Just way too many 3 and outs. Putting pressure on a defense that is ill equipped to deal with an inordinate amount of negative time of possession. Lawrence is a big part of an elite college football  program that was great before he got there even with average to below average Qbs. It will be a different story in the NFL esp if he goes to a weak team. But if he's elite he could help turn things around. The Bengals were getting some of this with Burrow before he got hurt. But he wasn't even close to being perfect. There were rookie issues with him, too. 

4 hours ago, THE BARON said:

And...

You seem to be missing the point that no one GAF what you do. If you want to quit, quit. Burn, burn. But just because you are a pussy sunny day fan does not mean we want to go with you.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

You seem to be missing the point that no one GAF what you do. If you want to quit, quit. Burn, burn. But just because you are a pussy sunny day fan does not mean we want to go with you.

I appreciate the sentiment.  I have always disliked fair weather fans. I'm not one of them, though.  That is your mistake in this case.  I will no longer consume a defective product out of misplaced loyalty. 

19 hours ago, THE BARON said:

I know I have recently stated that I was done with the Jets for good, and I am, but I have a question for you...

How does it feel to lose Trevor Lawrence so that dreary charlatan  Adam Gase can avoid going winless ???

You just paid for his pride with the next 15 years of your team's future.  Does that bother you in the least ???  A toxic influence that has given you the least has cost you the most and strictly for his benefit.  He's "rich" and he did this...

I'd like to know how you feel about that...

FYI.... I've got a number of Jet jerseys, hats, gloves, shirts and jackets.  

I'll post a photo of what they look like going up in flames shortly....

No it doesn't bother me at all.

Go take you anger out on an LA Rams message board. They are the 9-4 team fighting for a division title that deserve that rage.

If they don't get Lawrence big deal. It isn't like he is the last great QB. There will be more. Next year you will 2,3 or 4 guys that people will rave about, 2022 there will be 3 or 4 more.

There is alot more wrong with this team than just the QB and alot higher up the food chain.

I appreciate the sentiment.  I have always disliked fair weather fans. I'm not one of them, though.  That is your mistake in this case.  I will no longer consume a defective product out of misplaced loyalty. 

Clearly you’re not a fair-weather fan, you seem more invested than most on this site. I think you had about 46 posts today on this topic alone. That’s a lot of energy you’ve expensed to a worthless product. I would argue you are actually one of the more devout fans here, based on today’s content. You are trying to convince yourself that you are doing the right thing, by trying to get everyone else to agree with you. In the absence of consensus you come up with the ceremonial burning, which is your last grand gesture as a fan. You can drag that out as long as you want until something happens to pull you back in and save face. You don’t want to leave, that’s so obvious, you are a Jet fan and it’s hard. We all unfortunately are painfully aware, but it is the camaraderie of like minded folks that can guide you through. Burning inanimate objects doesn’t erase your history and the emotional pain. You will still feel the tug when things do someday turnaround. God willing it is sooner rather than later. If you are truly out, the way to do it is cold turkey, you will be reaching for that pack again eventually doing it this way. If you look inside and want to stay, I for one will welcome you back with open arms. Lord knows we have all been on the precipice of exactly where you are many times before. Peace and love.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

11 minutes ago, the Claw said:

Then be a grown up and leave. 

the matter has already been decided and maturity has nothing to do with it either way.  I'm figuring you cant be any older than 19 considering that comment.  Glad you got your big boys on, son... Now learn to stop soiling yourself.  You'll be an adult before you know it

14 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

the matter has already been decided and maturity has nothing to do with it either way.  I'm figuring you cant be any older than 19 considering that comment.  Glad you got your big boys on, son... Now learn to stop soiling yourself.  You'll be an adult before you know it

Really. Posting about burning your silly football jerseys isn’t a maturity thing. Right on. Sure I’m 19, let’s roll with that.

33 minutes ago, BloodGreen said:

Clearly you’re not a fair-weather fan, you seem more invested than most on this site. I think you had about 46 posts today on this topic alone. That’s a lot of energy you’ve expensed to a worthless product. I would argue you are actually one of the more devout fans here, based on today’s content. You are trying to convince yourself that you are doing the right thing, by trying to get everyone else to agree with you. In the absence of consensus you come up with the ceremonial burning, which is your last grand gesture as a fan. You can drag that out as long as you want until something happens to pull you back in and save face. You don’t want to leave, that’s so obvious, you are a Jet fan and it’s hard. We all unfortunately are painfully aware, but it is the camaraderie of like minded folks that can guide you through. Burning inanimate objects doesn’t erase your history and the emotional pain. You will still feel the tug when things do someday turnaround. God willing it is sooner rather than later. If you are truly out, the way to do it is cold turkey, you will be reaching for that pack again eventually doing it this way. If you look inside and want to stay, I for one will welcome you back with open arms. Lord knows we have all been on the precipice of exactly where you are many times before. Peace and love.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Very thoughtful post and well received.  I should tell you, though.  I'm not vacillating over leaving the Jets behind as an interest and pastime.  Several years back I got some distance when I dropped my season tickets.  This season I have even skipped watching some of the games.  Now, I am going to finish the job.  There is nothing Freudian going on.  No self doubt.   I figured some of the long time fans that just witnessed the sublime level of ineptitude with the Rams gam might enjoy knowing that they are not the only ones headed for the exit sign.... Never to return.

Anyway... I'm out and feeling well of it.