How Does It Feel Losing Trevor Lawrence So Gase Does Not Have To Go WInless ???

THE BARON

9 hours ago, THE BARON said:

I know I have recently stated that I was done with the Jets for good, and I am, but I have a question for you...

How does it feel to lose Trevor Lawrence so that dreary charlatan  Adam Gase can avoid going winless ???

You just paid for his pride with the next 15 years of your team's future.  Does that bother you in the least ???  A toxic influence that has given you the least has cost you the most and strictly for his benefit.  He's "rich" and he did this...

I'd like to know how you feel about that...

FYI.... I've got a number of Jet jerseys, hats, gloves, shirts and jackets.  

I'll post a photo of what they look like going up in flames shortly....

No one on this board has any control of the NY Jets and definitely no control on wins and losses. 

We all just offer our opinions, thoughts and feelings. 

Burn baby burn. 

Do it don't just talk about. 

Post the pics and video or else its all idle threats and lies. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Give your brain a chance.  They should NEVER have even given anyone else a chance at it.  Gase should have been fired weeks ago and the temp CS given orders to "evaluate the bench for 2021"

Do you have *ANY* idea who and what Trevor Lawrence is ???

Convince yourself that a few extra draft picks or Fields is just as good as a consolation to having Lawrence and I define you as beyond foolish.

Only the Jets could mess this up...

I know this is taboo but based on statements like this in the bold, the damage is already done. People like this and Rich Eisen are just doing nothing but putting the kiss of death on this kids career, like they did with the idea of him being a Jet.

its amazing how much control a tv can manipulate a persons common sense

9 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Ugh.  I'm too tired to answer this.  Whatever.  You win.  Just End The Season!!!

Not a matter of you or I winning a discussion.  It is a matter of all Jets fans losing.  Constantly.  All due to inept management.  And I am absolutely gobsmacked that more Jets fans are not rioting over this.  The magnitude of this blunder and the future repercussions it will have can not be overstated. 

• Thumb Down 3

27 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No one on this board has any control of the NY Jets and definitely no control on wins and losses. 

We all just offer our opinions, thoughts and feelings. 

Burn baby burn. 

Do it don't just talk about. 

Post the pics and video or else its all idle threats and lies. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one that came to this and I am surprised more people have not.  Sucking is one thing, but making all the right moves to ensure that you continue to suck is quite a different matter.

• Thumb Down 1

10 hours ago, THE BARON said:

I know I have recently stated that I was done with the Jets for good, and I am, but I have a question for you...

How does it feel to lose Trevor Lawrence so that dreary charlatan  Adam Gase can avoid going winless ???

You just paid for his pride with the next 15 years of your team's future.  Does that bother you in the least ???  A toxic influence that has given you the least has cost you the most and strictly for his benefit.  He's "rich" and he did this...

Christ, you came back to post this garbage. 

Let me ask you this, how does it feel to get kicked in the balls? I think you will see a lot of similar comments in this thread. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I know this is taboo but based on statements like this in the bold, the damage is already done. People like this and Rich Eisen are just doing nothing but putting the kiss of death on this kids career, like they did with the idea of him being a Jet.

its amazing how much control a tv can manipulate a persons common sense

Kiss of death on TL's career because I realize what a performer he is ??? 

• Thumb Down 1

10 hours ago, THE BARON said:

B72BEF54-A228-4F21-9C70-00C3D58356F5.gif

• Haha 3

First we didn't lose Lawrence yet. And it's not about Gase it's about us. Hopefully Gase is gone.  I don't want my team to post an 0-16 it's not just about this year it's about our team's legacy. But I can't see a real Jets fan watching that game and not pulling for us to win. It's just a normal natural thing to root for your team. Lawrence looks good but every year there are more Lawrences. And our current Qb is not yet officially a bust. But imo if you get a shot at Lawrence you take him. It's not 100% he's going to be great. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Insults lacking a cogently made counter argument just show you don’t get it. 

I'm not compelled to argue with a poster that complicates the obvious and trivializes the momentous.  You've got the perfect phrase there.  "You don't get it".  I'm sure you hear that often if you use similar misdirection to discredit a valid statement.  Until you demonstrate that you understand the larger point, I don't have any constructive reason to respond to you.  No lasting good comes out of arguing with an empty head.  Not that I am suggesting you lack intelligence or information in this case.  Rather your fanboy inclinations have taken you out of the game.  

Just now, THE BARON said:

If my schedule holds, I figure I will be putting flame to textile next weekend.  

Be careful I would recommend lighter fluid instead of gasoline. 

Wear flame retardant gloves when lighting everything up. 

Do it in a contained fire pit or open field where there is no danger of any life hazard. 

Have a garden hose or fire extinguisher nearby. 

They sell fire sticks that make the smoke green that would add to the excitement. 

Again be careful. 

Safety is always #1 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I'm not compelled to argue with a poster that complicates the obvious and trivializes the momentous.  You've got the perfect phrase there.  "You don't get it".  I'm sure you hear that often if you use similar misdirection to discredit a valid statement.  Until you demonstrate that you understand the larger point, I don't have any constructive reason to respond to you.  No lasting good comes out of arguing with an empty head.  Not that I am suggesting you lack intelligence or information in this case.  Rather your fanboy inclinations have taken you out of the game.  

You chose to emotionally overinvest in something you didn't actually have.  

No amount of redirection or rationalization will change that.

You made a mistake.  Own it, and move on.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, THE BARON said:

do you really think they won the game for gase?  if that was the case, why didn't they win any others?  the point is the players agenda is very different from the fans' who want to see their teams make a huge draft day splash.  sure losing the no. 1 pick (at the moment) can be construed as a set back but maybe it was not to be.  the jets were supposed to be able to win 6 or so games this season so it's not like they would've been in the running anyway.  i know it may seem like sour grapes but it's really more like making lemonade out of lemons.  i think douglas can be trusted to make a good decision about next years qb.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Defiant Doug Marrone gives Jets glimmer of Trevor Lawrence hope

https://nypost.com/2020/12/22/doug-marrone-gives-jets-glimmer-of-trevor-lawrence-hope/

* Can someone please copy and paste the article I cannot. 

The tl;dr version:

Jesus, we’re trying to win. We’re doing everything we possibly can and that’s my job right now and I owe it to the coaches and players. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Be careful I would recommend lighter fluid instead of gasoline. 

Wear flame retardant gloves when lighting everything up. 

Do it in a contained fire pit or open field where there is no danger of any life hazard. 

Have a garden hose or fire extinguisher nearby. 

They sell fire sticks that make the smoke green that would add to the excitement. 

Again be careful. 

Safety is always #1 

Indeed.  And, make sure your fire is at least 12" above the ground.  It is even technically legal in NJ if you use a BBQ to roast your Jets gear.  You cant simply place it on the ground and ignite.   Open burning without a permit is not legal in NJ.  

How does it feel to have a team with every reason in the world to quit on its head coach and GM and mail it in on a holiday week 3000 miles from home instead rise up and play a fantastic game with 200% effort at every position?

Pretty damn good.  

More important than some college kid quarterback is that this group starts showing improvement and continued buy-in despite the temptation to lay down like dogs.  And they are.  The time for crying for Trevor is over.  Start taking some pride in the team we have and how much it means to them to win.  It's exactly what you want in a group of guys and a head coach.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

How does it feel to have a team with every reason in the world to quit on its head coach and GM and mail it in on a holiday week 3000 miles from home instead rise up and play a fantastic game with 200% effort at every position?

Pretty damn good.  

More important than some college kid quarterback is that this group starts showing improvement and continued buy-in despite the temptation to lay down like dogs.  And they are.  The time for crying for Trevor is over.  Start taking some pride in the team we have and how much it means to them to win.  It's exactly what you want in a group of guys and a head coach.

SAR I

Traumafessions :: Jose Cruz of Mephisto’s Castle on Deadly Dummies

26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

N.J has laws on the books pertaining to burning your NY Jets gear, go figure. 

Yes... Laws in NJ.  We could all burn our Jets gear together and have a party, but first... We'd have to apply for a permit to undertake the open burning.  It would cost 10 bucks.  

34 minutes ago, rangerous said:

do you really think they won the game for gase?  if that was the case, why didn't they win any others?  the point is the players agenda is very different from the fans' who want to see their teams make a huge draft day splash.  sure losing the no. 1 pick (at the moment) can be construed as a set back but maybe it was not to be.  the jets were supposed to be able to win 6 or so games this season so it's not like they would've been in the running anyway.  i know it may seem like sour grapes but it's really more like making lemonade out of lemons.  i think douglas can be trusted to make a good decision about next years qb.

You call missing out in TL a "setback" ??? That is beyond understatement.   It is a disaster that will be keeping company with the Titanic sinking for many, many years to come.   Much worse than O'Brian over Marino.  

And, this disaster was totally avoidable.  Blame the person(s) who didn't fire Gase weeks ago and give a standing order to the entire CS to "evaluate" 2nd and 3rd team talent for 2021. 

The motive to avoid the tank on the sidelines and the field was Gase's pride in combination with inaction from above. JD should have sh*tcanned him weeks ago

The fact that you stated you are done with the team, but had to come back and post proves you are not done. You are just being sanctimonious and it’s very transparent. Why haven’t you deleted your account if you’re done? Where you just waiting for a moment like this to highlight your intellectual superiority over all of us stupid fans that still choose to support our team. Have fun burning your gear and good luck with whatever future sports endeavors you pick. Post it, don’t post it, stay or go, it doesn’t matter. Just drop the self indulgent superiority schtick.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, BloodGreen said:

The fact that you stated you are done with the team, but had to come back and post proves you are not done. You are just being sanctimonious and it’s very transparent. Why haven’t you deleted your account if you’re done? Where you just waiting for a moment like this to highlight your intellectual superiority over all of us stupid fans that still choose to support our team. Have fun burning your gear and good luck with whatever future sports endeavors you pick. Post it, don’t post it, stay or go, it doesn’t matter. Just drop the self indulgent superiority schtick.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

As a matter of fact, I do plan on deleting my account after I have had a chance to document my anticipated bbq of Jets items.   Perhaps such will serve to inspire a few others to a more constructive and fulfilling pursuit...