Knicks are over .500

Bronx

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

He’s 26.  Honestly I have no idea what they do with Randle.  Extend him, use him as trade bait to get a superstar like Giannis

He's under contract next year, he'll go from $18.9 to $19.8 million. I say they keep him and see if he earns a max contract next season.

• Upvote 3

I still find all of this hard to fathom, but if Barrett can keep this up from behind the arc, it's gonna be an interesting second half. 

We'll see how things go with Quickley and Toppin. Rookies tend to fall off towards the end of the regular season, but with the shortened schedule and unique season it's anyone's guess as to how this is gonna go. 

That said Thibs has gotta be the favorite for coach of the year going into the second half. Hard to fathom what he's done with all the bigs. Nerlens Noel? Holy sh*t. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I still find all of this hard to fathom, but if Barrett can keep this up from behind the arc, it's gonna be an interesting second half. 

We'll see how things go with Quickley and Toppin. Rookies tend to fall off towards the end of the regular season, but with the shortened schedule and unique season it's anyone's guess as to how this is gonna go. 

That said Thibs has gotta be the favorite for coach of the year going into the second half. Hard to fathom what he's done with all the bigs. Nerlens Noel? Holy sh*t. 

If anyone but thibs wins coach of the year it’s lazy Knicks hate by the media

• Upvote 2

On 3/3/2021 at 4:05 AM, Philc1 said:

If anyone but thibs wins coach of the year it’s lazy Knicks hate by the media

I favor Thibs, but one does have to consider Snyder's work in Utah. Yes, he has more talent, but he also has them playing great, with no superstars on the roster. Either way, these two coaches should come in 1-2, no matter which order.

53 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

I favor Thibs, but one does have to consider Snyder's work in Utah. Yes, he has more talent, but he also has them playing great, with no superstars on the roster. Either way, these two coaches should come in 1-2, no matter which order.

Thibs inherited a team that was 24 games under .500 and got screwed out of a top draft pick.  If the Knicks get a top 6 seed he’s got to be Coach of the Year

• Upvote 1

So I think the big difference in this current front office is that they are not chasing Griffin. In the past that's definitely something the Knicks do, throwing a wrench into Randle's time and Toppin's development. It seems like they know they are playing with house money for the rest of the year and there is no need to **** with a good thing. I hope I'm not speaking too soon about this and jinxing anything.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So I think the big difference in this current front office is that they are not chasing Griffin. In the past that's definitely something the Knicks do, throwing a wrench into Randle's time and Toppin's development. It seems like they know they are playing with house money for the rest of the year and there is no need to **** with a good thing. I hope I'm not speaking too soon about this and jinxing anything.

Randle, Barrett and Quickley make a solid future starting 3. Add in Knox and a better Toppin next season and along with Thibs can be a good landing place for a top FA. Extending Randle next year and we’re ready to compete with the top 10 teams

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Randle, Barrett and Quickley make a solid future starting 3. Add in Knox and a better Toppin next season and along with Thibs can be a good landing place for a top FA. Extending Randle next year and we’re ready to compete with the top 10 teams

Quickley to me seems like he is going to be an incredible 6th man, and Barrett is still young with a lot to develop but watching him it looks like he's going to be a solid 1B player in a few years, maybe sooner than later, who knows. Have to see how his shooting percentage holds up in the 2nd half. It's always so hard to tell how super young guys like him are gonna pan out but the early returns from freshman to sophomore year are huge and the one thing that gives all of us reason to believe he'll work out is that the guy works his ass off. His TS% isn't that great but it also isn't a disaster either and you can just about say that for their entire offense this year. Bizarrely enough I think Ntilkina has the highest true shooting on the team for the first half which is preposterous when you think about that guy's journey.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's always so hard to tell how super young guys like him are gonna pan out but the early returns from freshman to sophomore year are huge and the one thing that gives all of us reason to believe he'll work out is that the guy works his ass off.

Absolutely 

• Upvote 1

On 3/6/2021 at 5:30 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

Griffin is done.  Ditto for Oladipo.  They are just names now

Drummond I would like at the right price because if we extend him we can use Mitch as trade bait to try to get that elusive superstar next offseason 

16 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Perry deserves a ton of credit for trading Douchingis for picks, signing Randle, drafting RJ and signing Morris who he flipped for a draft pick that eventually became IQ(he didn’t draft him but still)

That’s why I just couldn’t understand the lazy Knicks bashing last couple years.  Rebuilds take time especially when you can’t sign free agent superstars and you consistently are getting hosed in the draft lottery 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/17/2021 at 12:15 PM, Bronx said:

I'm proud of the Knicks. The biggest mistake was skipping Haliburton for Toppin. 

If they draft Halliburton they don’t draft Quickly.  I’d rather have Quickey who is averaging almost as many points as Halliburton despite coming off the bench and playing 10 less minutes per game

• Upvote 2

Derrick Rose was phenomenal in the final 4 minutes. What a pickup Bullock was. What a great team effort on Zion (35 pts) even though he shoots over 55% with 9 reBounds and 5 assists. He could have has 45. 

Props to the refs letting them play. Both teams very physical. Adams is a mountain of a man. Noel fought hard on the boards. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

LaMelo cleared to resume around next week. Knicks need this Charlotte win bad. I want no part of this bizarre play-in. 

They’re currently tied for the 5th seed but yes I want nothing to do with the play-in let Kristaps deal with that

12 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Just bring this whole squad back next year plz. Most lovable team ever.

I have to admit.  I was all about upgrading SF (Kawhi please!).  But Bullock is making a believer out of me.  Not that I don't still want Kawhi, but if we upgrade another position with a supermax player, I think we could still move up into the top tier.

Two other big surprises for me this year:

1) Nerlins Noel is a boss.  He stepped up when Mitch went down and honestly, has played the role even better than Mitch has this year.  

2) Derrick Rose might be the best mid-season FA pickup I can remember.  I figured he was here for leadership and some 4th quarter minutes.  Nope.  His value to this team cannot be overstated.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

I have to admit.  I was all about upgrading SF (Kawhi please!).  But Bullock is making a believer out of me.  Not that I don't still want Kawhi, but if we upgrade another position with a supermax player, I think we could still move up into the top tier.

1) Nerlins Noel is a boss.  He stepped up when Mitch went down and honestly, has played the role even better than Mitch has this year.  

2) Derrick Rose might be the best mid-season FA pickup I can remember.  I figured he was here for leadership and some 4th quarter minutes.  Nope.  His value to this team cannot be overstated.

I don't think Kawhi is happening. I can't see him vibing at all with Thibs. I think the Knicks will be conservative this offseason and mind the philosophy of Thibs which means prioritizing Noel and Burks, and beginning extension talks with Randle. I'm honestly hoping they just bring the team back and add someone like Ball into the mix. Hard to imagine them not being confident in building around Randle and Barrett for the next few years. 

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

Kawahi is never leaving LA