New DC ??

See, now this is a job where I wouldn't object to Aaron Glenn being given a shot, long as he is willing to run Saleh's system.

Head Coach was far too high a jump.  D-Co, ok, reasonable.

Does Saleh like Glen/know Glenn?  Ultimately is to be a "Saleh guy" in that spot.

• Upvote 2

My money is on Kris Richard because of the Seattle connection and previous work as a DC. If Saleh intends to be the Coach of the whole team he would benefit by having a DC that has done the job before.

While Marvin Lewis also fits this bill, I never like the idea of having a former HC who was also mentioned for the job on staff. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

In my opinion, who he hires as DC will be an interesting and important insight into Saleh's make up

If he hires a "Dowell Loggins" or "Kacy Rogers" type person, someone who is basically a figurehead or caretaker while the head coach actually serves as the coordinator for their area (Gase/Offense, Bowles/Defense) it will be bad.  If, however, he hires an experienced person who will be legitimately in charge of the defense, I will take it as a good sign that Saleh is going to be the Head Coach 1st and foremost.

Any of the 3 you listed - Richard, Lewis, Glenn - would qualify as legit coordinators and not figureheads, again all this is in my opinion

I agree Sarge. And remember CJ put direct emphasis and pointed out that will not be the set up this time around. I too am watching very closely

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

In my opinion, who he hires as DC will be an interesting and important insight into Saleh's make up

If he hires a "Dowell Loggins" or "Kacy Rogers" type person, someone who is basically a figurehead or caretaker while the head coach actually serves as the coordinator for their area (Gase/Offense, Bowles/Defense) it will be bad.  If, however, he hires an experienced person who will be legitimately in charge of the defense, I will take it as a good sign that Saleh is going to be the Head Coach 1st and foremost.

Any of the 3 you listed - Richard, Lewis, Glenn - would qualify as legit coordinators and not figureheads, again all this is in my opinion

Raheem Morris would make for a great selection. Some Interim HC experience and has been around for awhile. Well respected in league circles.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

My money is on Kris Richard because of the Seattle connection and previous work as a DC. If Saleh intends to be the Coach of the whole team he would benefit by having a DC that has done the job before.

While Marvin Lewis also fits this bill, I never like the idea of having a former HC who was also mentioned for the job on staff. 

6 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

That 1 1/2 minute video that was posted yesterday of Saleh's vision of a coach makes it seem that he wants guys that are teachers first, but also posses abilities that he doesn't have. He seems truly humble that he strives to be surrounded by people who can do stuff he can't, and in the process, make the team the best it can be. That's a HC, in my humblest of opinions. And I'm glad we have him.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, jetsQuebec said:

Why Morris is so high on some lists ?? I mean the Falcons defense are a laughing stock since their Super Bowl appearance no ?

He’s a really good coach. Like players, certain situations don’t suit some coaches as well as others. Jacksonville will get the first shot at hiring him

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

He’s a really good coach. Like players, certain situations don’t suit some coaches as well as others. Jacksonville will get the first shot at hiring him

What's the impression your guy is giving on what the general feeling is in the league about them hiring Meyer?

4 minutes ago, football guy said:

The way Myer's leaves jobs in 3-4 years, might be a good place to hitch your career to. Maybe you get Myer's job when he leaves 

If Wade Phillips was open to implementing Saleh's system he would be my #1 choice... The man is just an Amazing DC who also has prior HC experience.... he wasn't great as a HC (82-64) but he was hands down better than Lewis or Morris... Glenn doesn't have Any experience as a Coordinator & Richard was never a HC... I would much prefer someone who has prior HC experience to help make the transition much smoother for Saleh. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetsQuebec said:

If Robert Saleh can bring with him Aaron Glenn or Marvin Lewis or Richard to be his DC, it would be amazing!!! I really like Glenn to complete a trio of young coaches

i think we see a Bleilichick type DC. In other words they dont do a lot and usually make bad HCs when they leave. Saleh may be that type HC whlike Andy Reid is bit from offensive side. Someone has title but Reid/Saleh will probably call plays, adjustments etc